Josh Allen on at noon

Buffalo Barbarian

His accuracy and decision making.

He is extremely accurate. Again, his completion % last year is very, very deceiving. Look at how many receptions his running backs had last year. He throws accurate footballs. I would concede that he has a bit of a "gunslinger" mentality that can lead to a boneheaded interception from time to time.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

He is extremely accurate. Again, his completion % last year is very, very deceiving. Look at how many receptions his running backs had last year. He throws accurate footballs. I would concede that he has a bit of a "gunslinger" mentality that can lead to a boneheaded interception from time to time.

I don't think he is extremely accurate at all. And that opinion goes beyond his completion percentage.

You won't convince me that he some extremely accurate passer when the games I've watched tells me otherwise.

I don't think he is extremely accurate at all. And that opinion goes beyond his completion percentage.

You won't convince me that he some extremely accurate passer when the games I've watched tells me otherwise.

Well I didn't realize you watched multiple Wyoming games last season in their entirety. It was a fun season, right? That Boise State game was insane. The MWC Championship game was great too- tough loss. I was at both of those. How about the comeback win against San Diego State? That wild triple OT game at UNLV?? Gentry made some insane catches that game, huh? Looking like he'll stick with the Bears.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Well I didn't realize you watched multiple Wyoming games last season in their entirety. It was a fun season, right? That Boise State game was insane. The MWC Championship game was great too- tough loss. I was at both of those. How about the comeback win against San Diego State? That wild triple OT game at UNLV?? Gentry made some insane catches that game, huh? Looking like he'll stick with the Bears.

Gentry was cut but likely land on the PS

He just hasn't impressed me BB. The play that was called offensive holding the ball fluttered. The sideline throw at the start of the drive was inaccurate his receiver had to come back and half dive for it negating YAC potential and he was wide open the D was playing way off.

Edit: and I have no preference for spread v pro-style. I just don't think Allen has looked impressive here so far. Missed the 1st drive.

He is having a hard go with it, not a fan of all the out routes called and the QB run options. They need to use more of the field and its clear Iowa has better players. Hard for Allen to look good running for his life.

not a hot take, I'm just not impressed with his play so far today. He'll have good games against bad teams and everyone will jump back on his bandwagon, but he is coming up small so far in a big game.

This is the issue with actually scheduling a big game out of the Jump. He will be fine as the process continues.

It does suck he is not surrounded by Elite Talent like the other QBs that are up near the top

Edited by MAJBobby

That is a good throw. His receiver has let him down again there. He has had some drops tonight. But he has also had some bad throws on him.

Edit: this is why you have to watch the games. He has had a couple of good throws dropped and a couple of bad throws caught.

Edited by GunnerBill

This is the issue with actually scheduling a big game out of the Jump. He will be fine as the process continues.

It does suck he is not surrounded by Elite Talent like the other QBs that are up near the top

So Iowa is a big game now?

This is the game a big time QB puts the team on his back... a coming out party to the world

It's Iowa not Michigan

So Iowa is a big game now?

This is the game a big time QB puts the team on his back... a coming out party to the world

It's Iowa not Michigan

Its Wyoming. Yes Iowa is a big game.

I mean it not Oklahoma State Tulsa is it. Lol

Or Akron and Kent State is it.

Its Wyoming. Yes Iowa is a big game.

I mean it not Oklahoma State Tulsa is it. Lol

Or Akron and Kent State is it.

Dude UB has opened with Georgia and Ohio state in the last 5 years.

That's a big game.

I don't count their game against Minnesota the other day a big game.. it's a winnable game...

Allen still has lots of potential

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.