Bills' Roster Cuts to the 53 Man Limit

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

9/3/17, 1:42 PM

Unexpected move: The #Bills just cut RB Jonathan Williams, source said. Productive player, was slated to be their No. 2 RB at one point.

Gotta secure that role for Tolbert

Huh, I was 2 for 3 in my surprise cuts. Williams and Seymour are gone (admittedly not cut, but still gone). Colton Schmidt was my 3rd.

Not to pat my own back, but the 3rd PS game when he was nicked up during the week but dressed and ran KO coverage while getting 0 carries was my tip off. Made no sense to use him that way if he was truly the #2 back

So you trust them, God Bless you and don't tell anyone you understand the moves.

It has nothing to do with trusting them.

It's their jobs on the line not mine. I will cheer for the team they put on the field simple as that. Crying and dissecting everh move they make is accomplishing what?

There's already a fire them thread lol

It's their jobs on the line not mine. I will cheer for the team they put on the field simple as that. Crying and dissecting everh move they make is accomplishing what?

No crying an dissecting each move, they have made alot of questionable moves and if it makes the team worse that's unfortunate.

So it's not about trust, it's about blind allegiance. Got it.

#TrustTheProcess #RaceToTheBottom

Don't like either of these moves, not for the players they were replaced with off waivers, and Especially with someone like Vlad Ducasse still on the roster.

All I can say to everyone is Don't get attached to any players currently on the roster. This is going to be a full rebuild (which was most likely needed IMO)

Most likely needed. Sure. There was no useful talent on the team and most any incoming HC would have done this. Okay, way to convince yourself .

So it's not about trust, it's about blind allegiance. Got it.

#TrustTheProcess #RaceToTheBottom

They haven't even played a game yet..

you guys are some of the biggest babies I have ever seen.

If you're so dang smart at football and how to build a successful roster why are you guys on here?

Who are any of us to judge the moves they're making when they haven't even played a game. Were you expecting playoffs or a title run this year?

Every new coach people complain they don't tear the team down enough to fully rebuild it.

Now they're getting rid of too much young talent.

They're keeping too many over the hill vets..

They are tearing it down and starting from scratch.

If you're so dang smart at football and how to build a successful roster why are you guys on here?

Who are any of us to judge the moves they're making when they haven't even played a game. Were you expecting playoffs or a title run this year?

Every new coach people complain they don't tear the team down enough to fully rebuild it.

Don't get so emotional please

If they were really tearing it down and starting from scratch Dareus would be gone today, they'd eat the cap hit now and be done with it. They aren't tearing it down. They'll never tear it down and if they did none of them have a clue on how to rebuild it. You thought it couldn't get worse than the last 17 years. Welcome to worse. Welcome to the days where you will pine for 7-9.

BS. They have made so many moves that indicate otherwise like extending Wood.

BS. They have made so many moves that indicate otherwise like extending Wood.

Exactly. Why reward for past service when the goal is the future. Wood should have been a cut next year. You can get a good C without a premier draft pick and they'll be cheap for four years. That would seem to fit the " plan".

Exactly. Why reward for past service when the goal is the future. Wood should have been a cut next year. You can get a good C without a premier draft pick and they'll be cheap for four years. That would seem to fit the " plan".

They already have the next center on the team!

When is one of the Carolina kids due to address the media?

Has the pitchfork mob assembled yet?

Most likely needed. Sure. There was no useful talent on the team and most any incoming HC would have done this. Okay, way to convince yourself .

Sorry for trying to look for the positive in situations instead of choosing to focus on the negative... That is my nature.

I don't agree with every move and am skeptical about some of them, but I am actually willing to be patient and see what these guys do. I haven't decided that they are already a failure before they've played their first game or had their first draft like some have. I am not going to go around constantly posting negative crap and getting upset about every move. I have no control over any of this stuff. So I'm going to sit back, watch, wait and find reasons to be hopeful and support my favorite team.

And you're right, not every head coach or GM would have had the courage to do a rebuild like this. We've seen that bandaid approach by coaches/GMs for years here.

Edited by BillsFan4

Uhm. OK. I live in Philly. I watched it first hand, but if that's not good enough here you go.

Eagles went from 9th and 4th in defense in 2007-08 under Jim Johnson to 19th and 22nd under McDermott in 2009-10. In his final season the Eagles allowed a team record 31 TD passes and were dead last in the league in red-zone defense in what was the worst red-zone defense since 1998. He was a mess. The defense, which had been excellent, completely fell apart.

Haha Wayne Arnold's heart dropped when he read this.

McDermott has not proven to be a special coach.......the rah-rah wrestler was in over his head THEN........ but it's simply NOT POSSIBLE that he is now.

It's pretty crazy. Probably for the best though. They are trying to turn everything around from the ground up. They're going full on rebuild but they're not tanking.

OK, they've made a lot of moves today but only 1 could be considered an even remotely important player. There's no rebuild happening right now. They are rearranging the furniture, not burning down the house. Granted they bought some ugly furniture.

We now have 5 receivers on the 53, 2 of which are primarily kick returners????????

Sorta tells you how much they want to throw the ball doesnt it

OK, they've made a lot of moves today but only 1 could be considered an even remotely important player. There's no rebuild happening right now. They are rearranging the furniture, not burning down the house. Granted they bought some ugly furniture.

Sorta tells you how much they want to throw the ball doesnt it

This is the truth! Good analogy.

Why the hell did they cut Williams then...

Edited by horned dogs

Sorry for trying to look for the positive in situations instead of choosing to focus on the negative... That is my nature.

I don't agree with every move and am skeptical about some of them, but I am actually willing to be patient and see what these guys do. I haven't decided that they are already a failure before they've played their first game or had their first draft like some have. I am not going to go around constantly posting negative crap and getting upset about every move. I have no control over any of this stuff. So I'm going to sit back, watch, wait and find reasons to be hopeful and support my favorite team.

And you're right, not every head coach or GM would have had the courage to do a rebuild like this. We've seen that bandaid approach by coaches/GMs for years here.

What was your other choice? :lol::doh:

This is a message board where we discuss the team and it's prospects......if you want to see blind faith then go to church.

It's a PRODUCT......not a religion........and YES many people have already decided to stop buying that product and have discouraged their families from being invested in it.......Bills Country has been rapidly contracting for some time now.

Those that are left are all REAL fans whether you think not liking the losing proves otherwise. :doh:

What was your other choice? :lol::doh:

This is a message board where we discuss the team and it's prospects......if you want to see blind faith then go to church.

It's a PRODUCT......not a religion........and YES many people have already decided to stop buying that product and have discouraged their families from being invested in it.......Bills Country has been rapidly contracting for some time now.

Those that are left are all REAL fans whether you think not liking the losing proves otherwise. :doh:

The product sucks. Both my 11 and 7 year old's first reaction when they see a Bills logo is to ask "Are they losing yet?" I banned the Bills from my house last year and it was a much happier year. This year I'm going to be in a hockey rink every Sunday. Won't even miss it.