National Anthem (Cameron Jefferson)

bmur66

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it's been posted. Please try to keep up

hahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha. Let's look at what was said in context. Jesus Christ (my son) you're hilarious.

how is shall any different than should.

Just like if I were with you 200 years ago it would be a lot different then saying I spent the night with you today.

Either way, you'd wake up satisfied, though.

The same reason that when a parent says you will do this it's an order - and you "should" do this it's more of a strong suggestion but not an order.

Yes, they have the right to terminate him for his protest. There is a narrow list of things you aren't allowed to be terminated for, and that's not on the list.

Nice work though, with being ignorant and dismissive of relevant facts.

No, they do not. He is a member of the NFLPA. The collective bargaining agreement, like most every CBA, prevents teams from terminating players without "just cause", which most certainly would not include raising his hand during the national anthem. So no, there is not "a narrow list of things you aren't allowed to be terminated for" (or disciplined for) if you are a union member, which he is.

Your anecdotal "story" about Curt Schilling is not a "relevant fact".

why?

Because it is more logical to see that as a flaw in the criminal justice system than to see it as an accurate reflection of criminality across races.

I personally don't think that, by nature, any race of people is 6x more criminal than any other race.

is this your legal expertise or that of others who have expertise?

Well I have a J.D., but I certainly did not make the rules.

Because it is more logical to see that as a flaw in the criminal justice system than to see it as an accurate reflection of criminality across races.

I personally don't think that, by nature, any race of people is 6x more criminal than any other race.

the flaw is black folks who commit a crime shouldn't be arrested the same way whites are? I am failing to following this red herring. Must be flying too high

You'll note that I haven't labeled any individual a racist.

You'll also agree, I would think, that actual racists exist, and that those actual racists who do exist have a purpose and a process.

I have outlined a purpose and a process being used by actual racists.

There are zero inconsistencies in what I've said here.

Do you take umbrage with any of that?

You must be a hoot to sit and have a few beers with.

Should I put a wink emoji here?

why would rational people be upset that people breaking the law are arrested?

You have made it clear time and time again that you don't care about racial equality. Both here and in the PPP. I don't have a really strong stance on this topic but it is obvious by available statistics that the justice system disproportionately favors white people. If you had an ounce of empathy that would upset you. The fact that that doesn't upset you, while a silent protest does, says a lot about your character.

the flaw is black folks who commit a crime shouldn't be arrested the same way whites are? I am failing to following this red herring. Must be flying too high

No one said that. People who commit crimes should be punished equally. The point is that if one race is being jailed 6x as much as any other race, then there's probably a problem with the system, not the race.

If you need an example of what they are protesting, look at drug arrests and sentencing. Black people are 6 times more likely than white people to be locked up for drugs even though they only use drugs at a slightly higher rate:

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2016/jul/13/van-jones/van-jones-claim-drug-use-imprisonment-rates-blacks/

That should make you angrier than a football player putting his fist in the air during the national anthem. Priorities people.

Manipulated data.

The overwhelming majority of drug sentences are plead down to possession charges, with other charges being dropped in the process. The unfortunate truth is that drug use and crime are a socio-economic issue, and because of past injustices and misguided social engineering black Americans are more likely, as a percentage of their demographic, to be poor.

Poor people are more likely to commit crimes, and many of those crimes are plead down to drug charges.

You'll note that I haven't labeled any individual a racist.

You'll also agree, I would think, that actual racists exist, and that those actual racists who do exist have a purpose and a process.

I have outlined a purpose and a process being used by actual racists.

There are zero inconsistencies in what I've said here.

Do you take umbrage with any of that?

If you extend the same courtesy to others who make similar inferences, then no.