National Anthem (Cameron Jefferson)

bmur66

How did we get from the OP's opinion on respecting the flag...to self righteous social justice warriors pounding their chest and declaring which opinions are acceptable or not? I find this all very humorous. People get very proud of themselves for pretending to care about the cause of others.

What's more self-righteous than OP petitioning a boycott because of an individual expressing his grievances in possible disregard of a set of wholly unenforceable arbitrary federal codes?

And calling empathy into question is a dangerous tactic. Ironic in that it's the ultimate form of self-servedness.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's more self-righteous than OP petitioning a boycott because of an individual expressing his grievances in possible disregard of a set of wholly unenforceable arbitrary federal codes?

And calling empathy into question is a dangerous tactic. Ironic in that it's the ultimate form of self-servedness.

The OP made a simple opinion and statement (as flawed as it may be). I haven't seen a comment about the flag in many pages, I just see people arguing random social justice warrior topics and banging their chests about it. As stated previously I find it quite amusing.

How does calling into question one's very questionable "empathy" self serve? How could that possibly serve me?... and last, we are in a football forum, there is no such thing as a dangerous tactic, what is the danger I'm facing exactly? Did you just threaten me?

Edited by Turbosrrgood

If Kap, Cameron or Lynch care so deeply about the plight of the abused and mistreated black folk so much why not donate their paychecks to the Negro College fund, the NAACP, BET, the Black Caucus or some other black thing? Show us how much it means to you. Otherwise stand up, shut up and play football.

If Kap, Cameron or Lynch care so deeply about the plight of the abused and mistreated black folk so much why not donate their paychecks to the Negro College fund, the NAACP, BET, the Black Caucus or some other black thing? Show us how much it means to you. Otherwise stand up, shut up and play football.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/lookit/2017/6/3/15735060/colin-kaepernick-700k-1-million-dollar-pledge-charity-latest-donations

And the OJ trial proved the system works. A rich black man can get off like a rich white man.

That's not necessarily true. The jury was black. You would not believe the percentage of the black population that believed he was innocent and that was because so many black people felt or knew other blacks who were framed by white cops or justice system. Perceived or otherwise. It was half because of wealth and half because the jury was willing to believe he was framed despite the fact he obviously wasnt

right after the National Anthem

Sure whatever. All people find different things offensive. I'm not a fan of doing anything that takes away from the game or the anthem. Can t say I'm offended by it but I lose a little respect for those who do it.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

The OP made a simple opinion and statement (as flawed as it may be). I haven't seen a comment about the flag in many pages, I just see people arguing random social justice warrior topics and banging their chests about it. As stated previously I find it quite amusing.

How does calling into question one's very questionable "empathy" self serve? How could that possibly serve me?... and last, we are in a football forum, there is no such thing as a dangerous tactic, what is the danger I'm facing exactly? Did you just threaten me?

Because it's very easily turned on you, and others. Questioning a person's motivations ad hominem without providing evidence of your reasoning is a tactic that relies upon personal prejudice in opposition to logic.

It has nothing to do with any innate ability.

Of course it has nothing to do with innate ability.

Here in the United States, there are no racial barriers to accumulating wealth. The problems are cultural and socio-economic, which isn't to say, of course, that there weren't racial barriers in the past. There undeniably were, and the legacy of slavery and later Jim Crow certainly impacts the starting point of black Americans today.

With that said, we've erased those institutional barriers, and what is left boils down to individual decision making, and those decisions have incredibly meaningful intergeneration impacts. Like wealth, poverty is a gift you can give to your children.

The three leading causes of intergenerational poverty in America are, in order: single motherhood, not graduating from high school, and not holding a job. You'll note that the rates of these three behaviors are massive in the black community; and racist white people are not the reason large amounts black Americans are failing in these areas. Black Americans are not worse, or less intelligent, and they have agency. They are perfectly capable of making their own good decisions.

Black men and women do not need to be having children out of wedlock at a rate 72%, and the fact that they do isn't the fault of white people, nor is the fact that only 59% of black males graduate from high school. This is a cultural problem, and cannot be solved by white people for black people.

In fact, perversely incentivized by a government which rewards women for not having a husband and partner, these trends are growing now in the white community as well.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Of course it has nothing to do with innate ability.

Here in the United States, there are no racial barriers to accumulating wealth. The problems are cultural and socio-economic, which isn't to say, of course, that there weren't racial barriers in the past. There undeniably were, and the legacy of slavery and later Jim Crow certainly impacts the starting point of black Americans today.

With that said, we've erased those institutional barriers, and what is left boils down to individual decision making, and those decisions have incredibly meaningful intergeneration impacts. Like wealth, poverty is a gift you can give to your children.

The three leading causes of intergenerational poverty in America are, in order: single motherhood, not graduating from high school, and not holding a job. You'll note that the rates of these three behaviors are massive in the black community; and racist white people are not the reason large amounts black Americans are failing in these areas. Black Americans are not worse, or less intelligent, and they have agency. They are perfectly capable of making their own decisions.

Black men and women do not need to be having children out of wedlock at a rate 72%, and the fact that they do isn't the fault of white people, nor is the fact that only 59% of black males graduate from high school. This is a cultural problem, and cannot be solved by white people for black people.

Then why is it when a candidate Human Resources people have never met named Rashida or Kenisha is far, far less likely to get interviewed or the job than the exact same candidate named Barb or Jane? Edited by Kelly the Dog

Because it's very easily turned on you, and others. Questioning a person's motivations ad hominem without providing evidence of your reasoning is a tactic that relies upon personal prejudice in opposition to logic.

Nothing has been turned on me, and can't be turned on me as I didn't participate in those conversations, and there are no "tactics". This isn't a military operation, it's a conversation. Someone is over thinking this...

You are using lots of words, to accomplish nothing of substance. I find that fascinating in and of itself. I applaud you on what seems like intense thought on a meaningless topic though.

Edited by Turbosrrgood