bmur66

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"There's no rules."

"Yes, there are. Here."

"But those aren't real rules..."

Thanks. You just outed yourself as someone incapable of having an adult discussion of the subject.

I'm saying that they are advisory rules, not laws. It's etiquette and nothing more.

I just don't think an advisory rule is something that can or should be enforced in any way.

no. They're actual laws. Like speeding, drugs, stealing. The difference is there is no listed punishment for offending the law. But it is infact national law but it is not enforced.

You are correct. I was wrong and I stand corrected.

I'm saying that they are advisory rules, not laws. It's etiquette and nothing more.

I just don't think an advisory rule is something that can or should be enforced in any way.

no. They're law

36 U.S. Code § 301 - National anthem

It's on the site even.

Edited by Boyst62

You are correct. I was wrong and I stand corrected.

I'll bet you're lying, and you're kneeling corrected, you friggin' commie.

Doesn't matter what you think or how you feel about it, he exercised his First Amendment right. As a veteran I support his completely. If you have a problem with it, you need to look in the mirror and ask your self why?

Can I still persist in not giving a ****?

Personally I think it's a terrible forum for protest, and detracts from whatever you are protesting...but people have the right to do it, and employers have the right to fire and not hire those that do it.

People are so used to being entitled to things these days, that they believe they can say and do anything they want with no consequences what so ever... Sure, free speech allows you to legally do and say things...but that doesn't mean you are immune from any consequences, YES THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES.

I think every NFL players knows there are consequences for protesting the anthem. All they have to do is look at Colin Kaepernick and see that he's unemployed as a result of the stance he took.

Just curious who is worse? the protesters and the thousands of fans who are just outside of the gates pounding those last few beers while the anthem is being played?

:thumbsup: Funny, but this makes a really good point. We do it - stop eating and drinking, fumble for a place to put down the beer, try to find a hand to take off the ballcap - because we know others are watching and we don't want to appear disrespectful. Which is a different thing than actually feeling a deep sense of respect and behaving accordingly. Virtue signaling.

I'll bet you're lying, and you're kneeling corrected, you friggin' commie.

Can I still persist in not giving a ****?

My back is out, so I'm sitting. But if I could kneel, you bet your sweet ass I would be!!!!!!!