National Anthem (Cameron Jefferson)

bmur66

So, do you believe the Bills have the right to terminate him for his protest? If so, you could not be more wrong. There would be a union grievance filed immediately, and upheld. Your Curt Schilling example , if it's even true, proves nothing. And of course Schilling has demonstrated time and again that he is a complete moron.

Yes he has. But by the way, has Kaepernick demonstrated that he is actually an intelligent, thoughtful person engaging in a well thought-out form of protest? Not that I've seen. (I have heard Arian Foster, and I would say that he is an intelligent man and his various stands have been principled.)

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills can cut him for any reason they chose so long as they do not violate labor laws (race, gender, age, etc...).

In fact, they certainly should cut him for no other reason than he's a TERRIBLE excuse for an NFL OT on the field.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Then what should happen is a recording of the anthem that can be universally played such that people won't be offended and the country won'y come tumbling down due to any deviation.

The main problem with the anthem is that its simply not a very good song for singing along with or even having it performed very well. Its simply a song which if you have a bad voice, it invites excess often leading to humorou renditions.

I think America the Beautiful would make for a far better anthem if you're looking for a tune which honors the country and lends itself both to group singing and steering individual performances.

What do we expect from a song which begins with a question beginning with the odd interrogative O.

You name calling doesn't make your nonsense any more valid. It's exactly what weaklings do when they have nothing else. Well done.

I'm not trying to validate anything. I'm simply pointing out that 54,000 of your 55,000 posts are links to someone else's words. And the other 1,000 ....

If there's one thing I really don't like, its other people telling me what I should do and how I should act. Show your pride how you want and don't tell me how to live my life. Or move to North Korea if that's how you like it, to use a common dumb line from people like you.

It's obvious that your mama and daddy never told you what to do. Their are rules and directions given onto you from authority which you must obey or their will be consequences.

The Bills can cut him for any reason they chose so long as they do not violate labor laws (race, gender, age, etc...).

In fact, they certainly should cut him for no other reason than he's a TERRIBLE excuse for an NFL OT on the field.

How about treason, aiding and abetting the defense's line

I am amazed that so many here wonder why the Anthem is played at a public sporting event? Maybe a generational thing as I hear some people believe in not saying the Pledge of Allegiance in schools. I like the anthem played at event. I love it actually.

I know where I stand. If the Anthem is played at a public event you stand at attention is a quiet and respectful manner, hats off for you gents. We should be thankful to live in America and have the rights we have. Freedom is a gift to us and unfortunately it is not a human right everywhere in the world.

If you wish to protest the Anthem then you should leave the field area or the stands. Players can go to the dressing, fans to the concessions. In this way you get to "protest" and the rest of us, who happen to be the overwhelming majority, are not offended. Those who do not "protest" should not harass the ones that do. So be it. It is their right to "protest".

Most of us cannot protest at work. Most of us will be punished or fired for doing so. NFL players who think this is helping their cause are misguided. NFL Players who choose this route to make a difference are taking the easy way out. The NFL is afraid to make a policy.

I wonder how the NFL would feel if all the police and security at the games decided to protest and go on strike at halftime of every NFL game for the season opener? A scary thought. Our police and our military are far more important then any off these players or any NFL game. Lets just hope they don't decide to "protest" while at work too. After all, it is their right!

This whole anthem protest thing got off on the wrong foot because patient zero - Kaepernick - has absolutely no judgment. Remember, he's the guy wearing the Castro shirt. Anyone now refusing to stand respectfully when the anthem is played will be associated with Kaep, who either isn't very smart or is almost ridiculously ignorant of the larger world ...

So, do you believe the Bills have the right to terminate him for his protest? If so, you could not be more wrong. There would be a union grievance filed immediately, and upheld. Your Curt Schilling example , if it's even true, which I doubt, proves nothing. And of course Schilling has demonstrated time and again that he is a complete moron.

Yes, they have the right to terminate him for his protest. There is a narrow list of things you aren't allowed to be terminated for, and that's not on the list.

Nice work though, with being ignorant and dismissive of relevant facts.

I am amazed that so many here wonder why the Anthem is played at a public sporting event? Maybe a generational thing as I hear some people believe in not saying the Pledge of Allegiance in schools. I like the anthem played at event. I love it actually.

I know where I stand. If the Anthem is played at a public event you stand at attention is a quiet and respectful manner, hats off for you gents. We should be thankful to live in America and have the rights we have. Freedom is a gift to us and unfortunately it is not a human right everywhere in the world.

If you wish to protest the Anthem then you should leave the field area or the stands. Players can go to the dressing, fans to the concessions. In this way you get to "protest" and the rest of us, who happen to be the overwhelming majority, are not offended. Those who do not "protest" should not harass the ones that do. So be it. It is their right to "protest".

Most of us cannot protest at work. Most of us will be punished or fired for doing so. NFL players who think this is helping their cause are misguided. NFL Players who choose this route to make a difference are taking the easy way out. The NFL is afraid to make a policy.

I wonder how the NFL would feel if all the police and security at the games decided to protest and go on strike at halftime of every NFL game for the season opener? A scary thought. Our police and our military are far more important then any off these players or any NFL game. Lets just hope they don't decide to "protest" while at work too. After all, it is their right!

Just curious who is worse? the protesters and the thousands of fans who are just outside of the gates pounding those last few beers while the anthem is being played?

Edited by CountDorkula

Personally I think it's a terrible forum for protest, and detracts from whatever you are protesting...but people have the right to do it, and employers have the right to fire and not hire those that do it.

People are so used to being entitled to things these days, that they believe they can say and do anything they want with no consequences what so ever... Sure, free speech allows you to legally do and say things...but that doesn't mean you are immune from any consequences, YES THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES.

Yes, they have the right to terminate him for his protest. There is a narrow list of things you aren't allowed to be terminated for, and that's not on the list.

Nice work though, with being ignorant and dismissive of relevant facts.

Some probably wish that would happen so they could claim civil rights violation and try to get this heard by the Supreme Court. :thumbdown:

First of all, you are correct in saying that police and military are more important than any NFL player.

But, when I think of this topic, I ask myself, "what is the impact of the protest?"

The impact of a football player, or someone in the stands, failing to stand for the anthem is zero.

The impact of a serviceman failing to protect the people is severe.

I am one who stands, removes his hat and places it over his heart for the anthem. That's all I care about. Me. The only one I have control over.

What others do - as long as it doesn't have any kind of physical impact on anyone around them - means nothing to me, whether I agree with it, or not.