Chicken Wing Shortage?

Bray Wyatt

And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and see a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the middle of the four beasts say $2.09 for a pound of chicken wings

The end is nigh :ph34r:

Where are you living, Mexico?

America doesn't care about a Nacho Shortage!

I just might choose a GOOD plate of nachos as my last meal. No nacho hate needed! :)

Nachos are so overrated. Usually just a big pile of garbage with soggy tortilla at the bottom.

Bad nachos suck. But then, bad anything (almost!) sucks.

So I actually watched the !@#$ing video on that article and read the text.

1) the video claims the average American will eat over 17 thousand wings in their lifetime. That's absolute horeshit. I will certainly eat that many, but I love wings.

2) barbecue is the most popular flavor? The !@#$??

3) As to the title of the article; nowhere in the article does it mention why there is this apparent shortage. Unless chickens are being born with one less wing, I think we're good.

So I actually watched the !@#$ing video on that article and read the text.

1) the video claims the average American will eat over 17 thousand wings in their lifetime. That's absolute horeshit. I will certainly eat that many, but I love wings.

2) barbecue is the most popular flavor? The !@#$??

3) As to the title of the article; nowhere in the article does it mention why there is this apparent shortage. Unless chickens are being born with one less wing, I think we're good.

Now I've got Def Leppard in my my head. Thanks a lot.

I just might choose a GOOD plate of nachos as my last meal. No nacho hate needed! :)

Bad nachos suck. But then, bad anything (almost!) sucks.

I also love a good Nacho plate but it depends where I go get them from. If I am at a game, I don't mind the regular chips and cheese sauce

But If I buy it from a restaurant or bar, they better be made with real cheese and other toppings. There was one time I ordered nachos at a bar/restaurant and they ame out with chips soaked in cheese sauce. I was so disapointed that a bar/restaurant would think of serving them that way.....

As for the wing shortage, its funny that they could be talking about a shortage of something that not long ago was considered a garbage piece of the chicken and almost never used or served. Now there is talks of shortages and the cost for it makes it almost the most expensive part of the chicken

Don't they say this every year?

seems familiar

it drives up the prices

Nationwide Shortage Of Chicken Wings Causing Price Hike ...

newyork.cbslocal.com/...shortage-of-chicken-wings-causing-price-hike

Aug 05, 2017 · A growing appetite for chicken wings has created a nationwide shortage

google search - last news was Jan 2013

Bacon?? God I just got sick even thinking about a bacon shortage

Now It's Getting Serious: 2017 Could See a Bacon Shortage ...

www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/now-it...see-bacon-shortage-n715351

Call it the first sign of the aporkalypse: The nation could be facing a bacon shortage,

The media will blame Trump

Bills fans will blame Pegula

The History© Channel will blame Aliens

But it was Barzini all along

one more for you - Ghost Hunters blame Demons

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Don't they say this every year?

Probably. But the price doesn't ratchet up like it has this year. 10# bag @ BJ's was ~$18 2 months ago. Now it's ~$24. Was told by a restaurant buyer to expect $3.00/# by the end of the year. Can't recall the reason he gave.

Have 25#'s in the freezer. Might need to buy 1 more bag to weather the crisis until saner times are restored. ;)

Probably. But the price doesn't ratchet up like it has this year. 10# bag @ BJ's was ~$18 2 months ago. Now it's ~$24. Was told by a restaurant buyer to expect $3.00/# by the end of the year. Can't recall the reason he gave.

Have 25#'s in the freezer. Might need to buy 1 more bag to weather the crisis until saner times are restored. ;)

Do you own a deep fryer or do you cook them another way?

Just have to go the urban chicken route.

As long as the city isn't Shanghai or Beijing that should be fine. Their "urban chicken" ain't no chicken :sick:

Edited by LeviF91

The place I buy from cut the single order down from 12 to ten. Boo!

That reminds me of when they cut half gallons of ice cream to 1.5 Qts and did package changes to make them look bigger.

As for the wing shortage, its funny that they could be talking about a shortage of something that not long ago was considered a garbage piece of the chicken and almost never used or served. Now there is talks of shortages and the cost for it makes it almost the most expensive part of the chicken

It never was to Chinese; they have been eating them since before first colony from Europe in US.

What I want to know, is if there is a chicken wing shortage, wouldn't there be a chicken shortage as well?

My uneducated guess is that since Walmart and Wegmans started selling those whole roasted chickens that chicken wings are less available because they use the whole bird.

My uneducated guess is that since Walmart and Wegmans started selling those whole roasted chickens that chicken wings are less available because they use the whole bird.

I would guess its due the spread of Buffalo Wild Wings and chicken wings gaining a more national following. Wild Wings has been one of the fastest growing chains in the country. Wings are no longer regional; they're a national phenomenon now. Which is a bit surprising given that wings are generally awful outside of WNY.

I would guess its due the spread of Buffalo Wild Wings and chicken wings gaining a more national following. Wild Wings has been one of the fastest growing chains in the country. Wings are no longer regional; they're a national phenomenon now. Which is a bit surprising given that wings are generally awful outside of WNY.

So true, and actually one of the Wild Wings here in Rochester just closed down, and I don't find it a coincidence that this is a year after a Duffs opened nearby

But that doesn't explain though why the wing shortage as don't they need a chicken to make chicken wings?

Edited by Bray Wyatt

So true, and actually one of the Wild Wings here in Rochester just closed down, and I don't find it a coincidence that this is a year after a Duffs opened nearby

But that doesn't explain though why the wing shortage as don't they need a chicken to make chicken wings?

Yes, but if growth in demand for wings exceeds growth in chicken production....shortage of wings relative to demand.