Chicken Wing Shortage?

Bray Wyatt

So I actually watched the !@#$ing video on that article and read the text.

1) the video claims the average American will eat over 17 thousand wings in their lifetime. That's absolute horeshit. I will certainly eat that many, but I love wings.

2) barbecue is the most popular flavor? The !@#$??

3) As to the title of the article; nowhere in the article does it mention why there is this apparent shortage. Unless chickens are being born with one less wing, I think we're good.

Absolute BS that barbeque is the most popular flavor!

I keep seeing more and more food items in the supermarket with "buffalo" flavor. there are probably hundreds of items on the shelves- stouffers buffalo flavored mac and cheese for cripes sakes! the other day they had birds eye buffalo cauliflower!

Edited by jethro_tull

I don't know why I read that as "hair dryer" at first...

That would probably take a very, very, VERY long time to meet safety standards. And I doubt you'd get that special crispy exterior, but something more like jerky. This may be a college memory coming back......

Just bought a 40# box of "miscut" wings at Restaurant Depot @ $1.16 a pound. My wife loves chicken wings bur uses neither Buffalo sauce or BBQ sauce. She makes them with a soy-ginger based sauce or occasionally teriyaki sauce. Had 2 BBQ wings from new Chinese buffet place which opened up locally on her birthday and there were very, very good.

People on welfare shouldn't be able to eat chicken wings.

Crisis averted.

I don't think preventing you from using your welfare check on chicken wings will make a difference on crisis but thanks for offering!

My wife made the wings today and they were very good despite not being buffalo wings.

Alright gentlemen, I see only one way to deal with this in a just manner: I propose we sabotage the nation's supply of ranch dressing. It is common for people who don't know any better, i.e. people from other regions, to dip their wings in ranch rather than blue cheese. We have allowed this blasphemy for too long. If we take away their ranch dressing, maybe they will eat something else, leaving more wings for those of us that eat them as God intended.

We just have to watch and make sure the plan doesn't backfire. If the infidels learn the holy trinity of wings, buffalo sauce and blue cheese, we may be in for a blue cheese shortage as well. If that happens, well, let's hope we all have a good supply of silver coins and ammunition, because it will be like the Purge meets St Patrick's day. Pure chaos. I'm talking roving bands of wing seeking mutants and people selling their children for even a small cup of questionably warm blue cheese. Dark days, gentlemen, dark days.

Alright gentlemen, I see only one way to deal with this in a just manner: I propose we sabotage the nation's supply of ranch dressing. It is common for people who don't know any better, i.e. people from other regions, to dip their wings in ranch rather than blue cheese. We have allowed this blasphemy for too long. If we take away their ranch dressing, maybe they will eat something else, leaving more wings for those of us that eat them as God intended.

We just have to watch and make sure the plan doesn't backfire. If the infidels learn the holy trinity of wings, buffalo sauce and blue cheese, we may be in for a blue cheese shortage as well. If that happens, well, let's hope we all have a good supply of silver coins and ammunition, because it will be like the Purge meets St Patrick's day. Pure chaos. I'm talking roving bands of wing seeking mutants and people selling their children for even a small cup of questionably warm blue cheese. Dark days, gentlemen, dark days.

I actually get annoyed when they ask me if I want ranch or bleu cheese around these parts, I say I'm from WNY we don't eat ranch.

I like this idea, wings should not be wasted on ranch eaters during a time of crisis as this chicken wing shortage

I actually get annoyed when they ask me if I want ranch or bleu cheese around these parts, I say I'm from WNY we don't eat ranch.

I like this idea, wings should not be wasted on ranch eaters during a time of crisis as this chicken wing shortage

A decent wing needs neither ranch nor blue cheese, IMO.

Or you could just get the recipe out for that sick f*ck that posted the best way to cook wings & the way he does it is to microwave them. I forgot who said that but I think the mods banned him or 10 years for stating such a ridiculous statement.