Browns Release CB Joe Haden; Signed By Steelers

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has a cap figure of 11.1 million for the next 2 seasons, and then 10.4 for the 2019 season... if we wanted to pay a CB 11 million, we would have just re-signed the 2-years younger Gilmore.

No one suggested that he's coming to the Bills.

He has a cap figure of 11.1 million for the next 2 seasons, and then 10.4 for the 2019 season... if we wanted to pay a CB 11 million, we would have just re-signed the 2-years younger Gilmore.

Is that the cap hit we take on if we traded for him? Or would they be lower?

Who has NOT been nearly as good as Hayden. See this thinking is why the Bills have stunk for so long, greatly over valuing average to barely good talent and thinking we need to pay them like HOF players.

Who has NOT been nearly as good as Hayden. See this thinking is why the Bills have stunk for so long, greatly over valuing average to barely good talent and thinking we need to pay them like HOF players.

Looks like Belichick overvalued Gilmore too. You'd better let him know.

How has Gilmore not been nearly as good as Haden? I think you'll be pretty shocked if you compare their career performance

Yep this but people will think he has because they know is name, Darby and Gilmore both were already at his level and or past it

he is also very injury prone and his concussion history is frightening. At one point I thought he would never come back from the protocol.

@MaryKayCabot

2015 1st round pick Cameron Erving being shopped by the #Browns, source tells http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/08/cameron_erving_is_being_shoppe.html

@RapSheet

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Mary Kay Cabot

Joe Haden, Brock Osweiler, Cameron Ervin… #Browns trying to move a bunch of big & disappointing contracts.

Erving is the player the Browns selected in the '15 draft with the additional 1st round pick they received from the Bills when they selected Watkins in '14.

Or fans who undervalue the talent we have here without even actually looking at stats, Joe Haden was drafted 2 years before Gilmore and the stats are not far off at all considering the years played. Even if Gilmore only averaged 40 TAK those 2 seasons he'd have 306, 82 passes defensed (I went with a low ball 10 per season), 2 INT per season would be up to 18.

Joe Haden 377 Tackles, 2 sacks, 100 passes defensed, 19 INT, 1 TD, 4 FF

Stephon Gilmore 226 Tackles, 0 sacks, 62 passes defensed, 14 INT, 0 TD, 4 FF

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

Or fans who undervalue the talent we have here without even actually looking at stats, Joe Haden was drafted 2 years before Gilmore and the stats are not far off at all considering the years played.

Joe Haden 377 Tackles, 2 sacks, 100 passes defensed, 19 INT, 1 TD, 4 FF

Stephon Gilmore 226 Tackles, 0 sacks, 62 passes defensed, 14 INT, 0 TD, 4 FF

Yeah, but Gilmore's obviously afraid to tackle and that's what makes him worthless. :rolleyes:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

He is way too injury prone for that contract, and hasn't been a solid starter in years. But he's a good guy. Really embraced the city of Cleveland.

I predict Belichik will sign him for a low contract. He has a thing for Urban's former Florida players.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Was it worth the cap hit for the Browns?

Yep. They are loading up for next year and an extended run, and know Haden will certainly not be there next year. Take your medicine now, and free up the room for next year. I highly doubt he is being designated as a Post June 1 cut, they will take entire hit this year.

And dont forget, they have $18M freeing up next with Brock gone, and looks like they have a cost controlled QB for the next 5 years...looking good in Cleveland.

Edited by plenzmd1

@AdamSchefter

1/2 Former Browns CB Joe Haden is not subject to waivers and is free to sign with another team after 4 pm today. And he will.

Joe Haden's agent Drew Rosenhaus on his client: "Tons of interest in him. He will have a new deal with another team by tomorrow afternoon."

Don't know much about Hayden. Is he more of a man or zone CB?

Yep. They are loading up for next year and an extended run, and know Haden will certainly not be there next year. Take your medicine now, and free up the room for next year. I highly doubt he is being designated as a Post June 1 cut, they will take entire hit this year.

And dont forget, they have $18M freeing up next with Brock gone, and looks like they have a cost controlled QB for the next 5 years...looking good in Cleveland.

Yeah I totally agree with you, some people want to continue to laugh at the Browns but I love what they are doing.