Ragland traded to KC for 4th round 2019 pick

MAJBobby

Seems appropriate, a team that is thin with talent, trading for a player that could potentially help them 2 years from now. Maybe the hidden meaning behind "It starts with one" is McBeane will trade every current player until he has one, probably Steven Hauschka.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many more games do you think we will lose as a result of our 3rd-string MLB being traded? I'm thinking 16.

I understand it's a different staff and system, but when a team gets nothing out of 1st and 2nd round picks, it hurts the team. Even if the trade makes sense.

Nope because the have traditionally undervalued a QB and over value other positions

We are constantly spinning our wheels in the mud. Whether it's pushing some other team's backup or journeyman as our next franchise guy. Or drafting players for one scheme and then changing that scheme 2 years later. Or taking something that worked and changing it with the next coaching staff. We basically missed out on Dak just so we could trade up for Ragland, only to change to a scheme he doesn't fit a year later and trade him away for a mid round pick. Or we draft and develop players and let them walk as free agents just so we can use early draft picks replacing them. Constantly spinning those wheels.

None of the current decision makers had anything to do with that pick, or that trade up...

And a LOT of people feel what made the Bills look dumb was to give up two 4th round picks to trade up for a 2-down, 3-4, ILB...Then they switch back to the 4-3 and he's not really a fit at all...

To boot, that same ILB is coming off a major knee injury and was not going to play...Nothing against Ragland...it was to be expected he would not be back to full speed for a while...

How is this dumb again?... B-)

They are devoid of talent and didn't get anything in return that can help them this year.

I understand it's a different staff and system, but when a team gets nothing out of 1st and 2nd round picks, it hurts the team. Even if the trade makes sense.

We already got nothing out of it. Now we got back a 4th instead of just cutting him. I don't know how anyone can hate this move.

Huh. I actually think it's pretty impressive that he got a 4th for a guy coming off a major knee injury that probably won't be fully healthy until next season. We don't know what the conditions of the pick are yet, though. Maybe the pick moves up a round if Ragland does well, or maybe the pick is conditional on him making the team...

I also think it was amazing to get Anything for Cardale! Even if te only a 7th. He's a practice squad QB at best.

And getting a 3rd plus Matthews (who was drafted in the 2nd in the strongest WR draft class in a Long time), for a guy drafted in the 2nd was also great value IMO.

I'd have liked a 1st for Sammy, but with his injury history and being a free agent at year's end it just wasn't realistic.

But I think Beane has traded pretty well so far, as far as value goes.

But the team isn't going to be very good this season and it takes while for draft picks to have an impact, if they do at all.

But in the meantime let's complain about everything and expect the worst because that's why we watch football, amirite?

Again, who said that? The level of discourse on this site would be a lot higher if you could accept that some of those who disagree with you do so from a point of reason.

I don't complain about everything and expect the worse anymore than you blindly support everything this team does while thinking we're contenders.

So far this vision and process has produced a lot of moves that I don't agree with.

We are constantly spinning our wheels in the mud. Whether it's pushing some other team's backup or journeyman as our next franchise guy. Or drafting players for one scheme and then changing that scheme 2 years later. Or taking something that worked and changing it with the next coaching staff. We basically missed out on Dak just so we could trade up for Ragland, only to change to a scheme he doesn't fit a year later and trade him away for a mid round pick. Or we draft and develop players and let them walk as free agents just so we can use early draft picks replacing them. Constantly spinning those wheels.

Or maybe we should have never hired Rex. Pegula made the same type of mistake when he first bought the Sabres. Thought they were close and spent a ton.

Though Bills where close went and got Rex and spent a ton.

Now like the sabres doing it the right way

We already got nothing out of it. Now we got back a 4th instead of just cutting him. I don't know how anyone can hate this move.

We just threw away a 2nd round pick. These picks should be instant contributors. Instead, we're just left hoping BB and McD are going to be good at drafting. We're stepping over dollars to save pennies.

It's not the move by itself, it's getting nothing out of a 2nd round pick from last season, it's trading other 2nd and 1st round picks from the past couple years and getting future draft picks. It's the culmination of a multi year sh$t storm for this franchise. You can't become a contender if you get nothing out of you top picks.

Or maybe we should have never hired Rex. Pegula made the same type of mistake when he first bought the Sabres. Thought they were close and spent a ton.

Though Bills where close went and got Rex and spent a ton.

Now like the sabres doing it the right way

Exactly

They didn't with Murray and Bylsma with the Sabres.

Murray kind of did that to himself IMO. He traded away a ton of good, high draft picks to speed up the rebuild and flat out said as much. He said rebuilds don't have to take years. He said "give me 2 drafts".

Had he just been more patient and used all those 1st and 2nd round picks he traded away, Pegula probably would have been more patient IMO.

Plus, him being such a jerk didn't help I don't think, especially since LaFontaine hired him, not Pegula.