Dareus sent home for violating a team rule

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good talent that's not on the field isn't good talent.

I agree. Atlanta should have never been patient with a guy like Julio Jones. Look what good that did them.

Or do you mean Dareus who missed two games in his first five years?

I love the move. McDermott has a lot of crap to clean up and Dareus has been a problem for too long.

That was one hell of a contract Whaley and Overdorf negotiated for him...

Def did it to send a message. Wish we werent on the hook for so much cap. Hope he doesnt flip out and smoke a fatty to get another 6 week Vacation

I like discipline for our players, but before I crucify Dareus I would like to know what rule he broke.. We have an HC that we don't know what his policies are. This very well could have been something really minor and pointless, or it could be something serious.

Either way, I am not worried about it. It isn't like he is suspended. And I don't have high hopes for this season anyway

Dareus sent home by Bills for rule violation

Buffalobills.com has learned that Bills DT Marcell Dareus has been sent home by the team for violation of a team rule. He will not play tonight.

Head coach Sean McDermott has preached to his players in his first year as coach that there will be a process the team will take with how they approach each and every day of work to earn the right to win. And that everyone must respect that process.

Dareus’ violation is disappointing to say the least knowing just a month ago that Kyle Williams at the outset of training camp expressed that Dareus appeared as focused for a season as he had ever been.

Dareus has served league suspensions and been late for team meetings previously in his career.

Dareus was on a Warren Sapp sack pace after 4 years. He, when motivated, has hall of fame ability. You don't just let that walk.

But let's be honest. We all love the Bills but players probs my check out playing for us. This doesn't compare to Alabama for Dareus. The whole stupid "culture" buzzword is all about winning. Until we do that, players won't be as invested.

That said, this could be the best thing for Dareus. I think he can be a monster in this defense.

All I was meaning by my comment was they structured that contract like utter garbage. They game the team no out. His cap hit is something like 32 million this year and 18 million next. It was more of an indictment of Whaley and Overdorf than Marcell.

Marcell, when motivated, is a force of nature. Unfortunately, for us, he's made more money here than he could have ever imagined and who the hell knows what his next move is. HOF, or... Captains hats for everybody.

If this is just a few minutes late for a team meeting, which is likely is considering the time it happened, I'm fine with this. No chance for injury. Sets a precedent for no nonsense. Shows team they are not kidding. Not sure anything will help Dareus but maybe.

I also wonder, and we will never know this, if they would have done the same thing if it were week one, or just fined or sat him a quarter or half.

I agree. Atlanta should have never been patient with a guy like Julio Jones. Look what good that did them.

Or do you mean Dareus who missed two games in his first five years?

Without checking the books I'm pretty sure he was suspended for more than 2 games.