Mahomes is looking good

1billsfan

Come on man! 1983 was the year of those QBs.

Darn it, I hit the damn 4 instead of a 3. Good catch.

It just makes you wonder if the Bills were in ANY other division would this 17 year streak be a thing? The Chiefs have been using this model for the past 5 years... Never have they been the best team in the AFC West yet they have been to the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years.

The funny thing is, living in KC the fans are clueless. They honestly think they have a chance at the Super Bowl each and every season. That division is a joke. Sure the AFC East has the Patriots but when you look at strength of schedule KC has it easy each and every season. Andy Reed used that model in Philly for years and people think he's one of the greatest. He's a good coach but how many first round exits does he have?

You misunderstood me...I wasn't saying anything about our draft spot. I was responding to people saying to tank to go higher, and my point was we likely still don't leap frog Jets and Niners, probably not even the Jags. All need QB's. So there is no point in tanking as its not going to likely improve our ability to leap frog some other needy QB teams. Might as well keep our talent, then focus on trading up if need be or taking a guy where we sit so that young QB comes to a better roster. So I have no issue of taking the 3rd QB or whatever, was not my point at all. I am advocating against TANKING as I think it does very little for us in the draft and only weakens this team and makes the rebuild take longer.

I agree...read my comment above in this reply. People missed what I was talking about.

And yes, I totally agree that is a very fair and possible point about Cousins. However, my entire point was against tanking. I don't want to gut this team of talent for more picks on the off chance that a perfect scenario works out where we somehow end up with a worse record that the other teams desperate for a QB.

And, more importantly, the Niners signing Cousins would be huge for us because that would mean their more than likely top 4 possibly top 2 or #1 overall, pick more likely to be in play for a trade...making our need to tank even less necessary because we already have enough trade assets to move up. So again, my whole point is tanking is absurd idea because we more than likely don't move high enough to change what QBs will be available to us and would only prolong our rebuild as we would have a lot more holes to fill before we could compete.

Sorry, I did misunderstand your comment.

I don't even think they need to move up, just get someone (or maybe they already have that person) who can run the system effectively.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough Alpha. I think if Cousins goes to San Fran and are in that top 2 that will be the deal. They desperately need the picks to re-stock the roster and we have more ammunition than most.

If it is Jets and Browns (probably means Kizer isn't the guy) or Jets and Jags I think we might be in greater difficulty.

I think the Beats have s good shot at being in the top 5 again. They are easily the worst team in that division and that team needs talent too,m.

And yes, I totally agree that is a very fair and possible point about Cousins. However, my entire point was against tanking. I don't want to gut this team of talent for more picks on the off chance that a perfect scenario works out where we somehow end up with a worse record that the other teams desperate for a QB.

And, more importantly, the Niners signing Cousins would be huge for us because that would mean their more than likely top 4 possibly top 2 or #1 overall, pick more likely to be in play for a trade...making our need to tank even less necessary because we already have enough trade assets to move up. So again, my whole point is tanking is absurd idea because we more than likely don't move high enough to change what QBs will be available to us and would only prolong our rebuild as we would have a lot more holes to fill before we could compete.

Agree on all that Alpha. The only thing I would add is if this team starts out slow I don't want them "continuing to compete to get better every day" if we start 1-5 put Peterman in, then entertain trades for Shady and Tyrod at the deadline (but not the Dareus, Hughes, Glenn type players) and move forward to try and be picking in that top 5 so a move up might only cost 1 of our extra picks. Edited by GunnerBill

I really didn't see anything that impressive. not bad, just not impressive.

Most of his completions were off screens. He rolled out a few other times. I thought a lot of his throws were mostly off. He almost got his receivers killed a few times.... It will take a lot more then he is doing to impress

Didnt catch the game last night, was wondering how he looked against seattle? His stat line wasnt very impressive. Also was wondering if anyone had any updates on ware, read he was carted off.

One field goal in his drives in total with a rating of 66... so much for that preseason "he's awesome!" snapshot last week LOL

KC might just get us a top 15 pick!!!

One field goal in his drives in total with a rating of 66... so much for that preseason "he's awesome!" snapshot last week LOL

KC might just get us a top 15 pick!!!

Did you even watch the game? I thought he looked pretty good. I definitely seem him being a good NFL quarterback...Bills were stupid not to draft him but seriously what can you expect from a franchise that hasn't made the playoffs in almost 2 decades?

Edited by Klaista2k

Did you even watch the game? I thought he looked pretty good. I definitely seem him being a good NFL quarterback...Bills were stupid not to draft him but seriously what can you expect from a franchise that hasn't made the playoffs in almost 2 decades?

. Way too early to make such claims.

It was a mixed night for Mahomes. It really reflected the conversation I was having in the shoutbox yesterday. There are times when despite the horrible footwork and the dancing back foot he throws an absolute dime right on the money. The throw to the sideline that Seattle challenged was a prime example as was the deep shot to the endzone later the same drive that should have been caught (probably is by a first team receiver). But the goalline sequence highlighted again his struggles throwing into the tight windows in that area of the field and there were a couple of throws deep in his own territory in his first or second drive that were wildly inaccurate and one should really have been picked.

Some people believe he will succeed with his current footwork. I don't. I think he has to find a consistent way of setting his base. It can be unconventional but it must be repeatable play after play after play. If he does that the consistency of his ball placement will improve immediately. And if you can get consistent accuracy of the sort you see on his best throws..... then the sky is his limit.

Edited by GunnerBill

It was a mixed night for Mahomes. It really reflected the conversation I was having in the shoutbox yesterday. There are times when despite the horrible footwork and the dancing back foot he throws an absolute dime right on the money. The throw to the sideline that Seattle challenged was a prime example as was the deep shot to the endzone later the same drive that should have been caught (probably is by a first team receiver). But the goalline sequence highlighted again his struggles throwing into the tight windows in that area of the field and there were a couple of throws deep in his own territory in his first or second drive that were wildly inaccurate and one should really have been picked.

Some people believe he will succeed with his current footwork. I don't. I think he has to find a consistent way of setting his base. It can be unconventional but it must be repeatable play after play after play. If he does that the consistency of his ball placement will improve immediately. And if you can get consistent accuracy of the sort you see on his best throws..... then the sky is his limit.

Well said. It was a pretty bad game.

The kid has time to develop, though, at least this year, before having to compete for the job.

Well said. It was a pretty bad game.

The kid has time to develop, though, at least this year, before having to compete for the job.

as long as smith isn't injured. I'm not one to hope for injury but it would certainly help the cause with having their number one pick because the kid is not going to light up the nfl anytime soon.