Should the NFL do away with the national anthem?

Beast

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Antifa is a crazy group from the far left and it's shameful that the msm media continues to ignore them because of their hatred for Trump and they know they can get away with it. I don't think the media is trying to equate white supremacists with all Republicans, but are trying to tie them specifically to the Trump administration as they want him gone.

One of my favorite stories making the rounds today is about an Antifa activist who beat the crap out of another Antifa activist because he thought he looked like a Nazi.

The alt-right couldn't go far wrong by announcing fake demonstrations no one attends, just to give antifa the opportunities to show up and beat the **** out of itself.

If antifa beats up antifa at an alt-right rally, does that make antifa Nazis? 34, we need a ruling...

The alt-right couldn't go far wrong by announcing fake demonstrations no one attends, just to give antifa the opportunities to show up and beat the **** out of itself.

If antifa beats up antifa at an alt-right rally, does that make antifa Nazis? 34, we need a ruling...

happened in Durham last week, basically.

Rumors swirled of a Nazi March after the statue was toppled.

Antifa showed up. No pro klan or pro flag. There were fights and violence.

Edited by Boyst62

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure it's been brought up, but I haven't scrolled through all the pages. Go back to how it was where players weren't brought onto the field until after the National Anthem. Problem solved.

I've still never called you an idiot, have I?

'Cause that's...actually a pretty good idea. You non-idiot, you.

Univeral Standing for the Anthem never really started in the NFL until 2009

more like 1809

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one considering The Star Spangled Banner was written during the War of 1812

And IIRC the tradition of playing The Star Spangled Banner at sporting events began during WWI

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one considering The Star Spangled Banner was written during the War of 1812

And IIRC the tradition of playing The Star Spangled Banner at sporting events began during WWI

Real patriots didn't have to wait for the song to be written in order to stand for it during sporting events.

#youunamericanbastard

@richarddeitsch

I talked to CBS, ESPN, Fox and NBC about how they'll cover any anthem protests for Week One of the NFL season:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/06/nfl-tv-broadcasters-anthem-protests-colin-kaepernick

Tim Corrigan knew what it meant as soon as it happened. The longtime ESPN producer was sitting in a production truck on the ground floor of FirstEnergy Stadium when he witnessed through a bank of television monitors that a group of close to a dozen Cleveland Browns players had chosen to take a knee during the national anthem before the Browns-Giants preseason game on Aug 21. At the time, Corrigan was serving as the rehearsal-game producer for Beth Mowins and Rex Ryan, who were calling the game as practice for a later assignment as Sean McDonough and Jon Gruden described the action for a nationally televised audience a few broadcast booths down in the press box. As soon as he saw it, Corrigan let Mowins and Ryan know what it meant. “Guys, “Corrigan said, “this is going to be a huge story on opening week.”

This Sunday the NFL’s broadcast networks will be faced with significant editorial choices before kickoff. It has become clear that a number of players across the NFL plan to either kneel or make some kind of statement when the national anthem plays. The MMQB spoke with executives at CBS, ESPN, Fox and NBC for insight and perspective on how they planned to cover any protest. Uniformly, they agreed that it was a news story to cover. How much each network covers the protest will vary.