Should the NFL do away with the national anthem?

Beast

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always said it has no place at sporting events. Never understood why it was played anyway except for things like the Olympics where it is people representing countries competing.

This. It wasn't always this way. In recent years, the military paid for these "support the troops" gestures (which the NFL may have given back some or all of the money).

I think the anthem is totally overused which diminishes its impact. When was the last time you heard the anthem amd git chills?

Dumb !@#$en question. Glad this got moved to PPP. Don't like it, go to some other country.

I don't think it's a dumb question at all. I'm getting sick of seeing and hearing about these "protesters" when I'm wanting to watch a sporting event.

The Left leaning networks, which cover the NFL, will keep the fires burning by seeking out those that take a knee of raise a fist. They eat that **** up because it falls in line with their companies beliefs.

-

Why does anyone care if a player doesn't want to stand during the national anthem? If no one complained, it wouldn't be an issue. Why does Person B have to acquiesce to the desires of Person A?

It's always been my understanding that one of the hallmarks of freedom is the ability to protest without fear of any form of punishment. If we start to prosecute those who protest, we'll be the same as the countries we claim to despise for the lack of their freedoms.

People get more bent out of shape by a player taking a knee during the anthem than a player who beats the piss out of a woman. That is unbelievably strange to me.

no they don't. But awesome failure at anything reasonable

Oh lord.

he's got a point. This study was destroyed when it was released

I don't think it's a dumb question at all. I'm getting sick of seeing and hearing about these "protesters" when I'm wanting to watch a sporting event.

The Left leaning networks, which cover the NFL, will keep the fires burning by seeking out those that take a knee of raise a fist. They eat that **** up because it falls in line with their companies beliefs.

-

it's not a dumb question. Last year at a Panthers game I saw 3 guys standing there talking hats on and I told them take their hats off and show some respect. They looked confused and complied.

At an NBA game last yr there was a few guys not paying attention just sitting there drinking their beers. I told them to shut up and stand up. They looked at me. They looked at each other. They stood up.

The national anthem is a thing. So shut the !@#$ up and do what you're supposed to and what I say.

no they don't. But awesome failure at anything reasonable

he's got a point. This study was destroyed when it was released

it's not a dumb question. Last year at a Panthers game I saw 3 guys standing there talking hats on and I told them take their hats off and show some respect. They looked confused and complied.

At an NBA game last yr there was a few guys not paying attention just sitting there drinking their beers. I told them to shut up and stand up. They looked at me. They looked at each other. They stood up.

The national anthem is a thing. So shut the !@#$ up and do what you're supposed to and what I say.

I get it, my dad taught me to stand and take my hat off and I still do. But I don't really care when others don't is the difference I guess.

Ain't PPP one big drive by unless you are in the conservative circle jerk?

It's definitely a neoliberal swamp. A few Libertarians, but in practice none, as most simply go along with whatever the GOP leadership is pushing. Making it a confused lot. They really have no core guiding ideology. Most are on here to lob insults and attack the oppositions grammar.

I have a very defined ideology. Conservative Libertarians like Stefan Molyneux change on a whim.

It's definitely a neoliberal swamp. A few Libertarians, but in practice none, as most simply go along with whatever the GOP leadership is pushing. Making it a confused lot. They really have no core guiding ideology. Most are on here to lob insults and attack the oppositions grammar.

I have a very defined ideology. Conservative Libertarians like Stefan Molyneux change on a whim.

you're wrong. There are very few GOP'ers here.

I dont think they are saying that, just reporting it. Who cares? YOU make up your own mind. Why are people so addicted to the media? Put some music on! ;-)

Then you haven't been paying attention. I'm talking mostly about sports media. I don't want to hear music, I'm watching shows that are supposed to be about sports.

Then you haven't been paying attention. I'm talking mostly about sports media. I don't want to hear music, I'm watching shows that are supposed to be about sports.

Oh, I have been paying attention. I don't watch that crap. I don't get attached.

You have other options. You don't need to watch "sports shows." It's gratuitous. But you wanna watch sports shows!

You sound like my father. He went to the Doctor and said: "Doc, I feel like schit after I eat @ McDonald's." You know what the Doctor said: "Well don't go to McDonald's you won't feel like schit." Yeah, but he loves McDonald's! You love sports shows. But you both will walk around pissing and moaning. :wallbash::wallbash:

Time to make a change! God knows you aren't changing them.

Being a newbee here, I apologize for making this thread. I saw NFL related subjects on TSW and didn't see anything posted about this subject. It should have went under the Kaepernick thread in this forum. It really didn't need its own thread with the subject already being discussed.

Being a newbee here, I apologize for making this thread. I saw NFL related subjects on TSW and didn't see anything posted about this subject. It should have went under the Kaepernick thread in this forum. It really didn't need its own thread with the subject already being discussed.

No need to apologize. It's here now. I wish more people would make it over. This place ain't so bad.

:D

Don't apologize on PPP. It's a sign of weakness.

When you say something stupid here...double down, scream it from the rooftops, and force people to accept it until they get tired of your bull **** and cave., Like ExiledInIllinois does. But never, ever apologize.

Don't apologize on PPP. It's a sign of weakness.

When you say something stupid here...double down, scream it from the rooftops, and force people to accept it until they get tired of your bull **** and cave., Like ExiledInIllinois does. But never, ever apologize.

There aren't many rules on PPP

But that is one of them :D