Miller vs. Ducasse

Big C

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People need to stop and realize that aside from maybe Dallas, there are Offensive line problems all over the league. There simply aren't enough quality skilled O-linemen to go around, and quality depth- forget about it! Colleges are simply not preparing these guys to transition to the pro game, and they fall by the wayside quickly.

He tried out with NYG last week and they passed. I think their OL is worse than ours, so that concerns me.

Hey, if a team that thinks that Ereck Flowers and Bobby Hart are legitimate NFL OLmen thinks that Greco isn't, then I'm all-in on Greco! :lol:

People need to stop and realize that aside from maybe Dallas, there are Offensive line problems all over the league. There simply aren't enough quality skilled O-linemen to go around, and quality depth- forget about it! Colleges are simply not preparing these guys to transition to the pro game, and they fall by the wayside quickly.

Irrespective of the rest of the NFL, many of us have been saying since his signing that Ducasse is a train wreck and doesn't belong on an NFL roster. I'm 100% certain that they can find a better option on someone's practice squad right now.

Hey, if a team that thinks that Ereck Flowers and Bobby Hart are legitimate NFL OLmen thinks that Greco isn't, then I'm all-in on Greco! :lol:

My only guess is that he has some kind of an injury because it's odd that they didn't sign him immediately after Sunday night's debacle

Ducasse's play beginning when he was with the Jets has been damning and continued where ever he's landed. Castillo's connection to him is a complete mystery. Yeah, keeping Ducasse should lead to questioning Castillo. Heck we could resurrect Jerry Crofts for him if it simply about size..... Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Miller started on Sunday and Ducasse didn't even suit up. I think Castillo's love for Ducasse may have been overstated by some in the past.

Clearly neither Whaley nor McBeane have done enough with the right side of the line. Castillo's doing the best he can with what he's been given. And looking at our run stats from the opener, it seems to me he's doing just fine.

Irrespective of the rest of the NFL, many of us have been saying since his signing that Ducasse is a train wreck and doesn't belong on an NFL roster. I'm 100% certain that they can find a better option on someone's practice squad right now.

LOL! "many of us" -fans. I'm no Ducasse fan, but my god man.

LOL! "many of us" -fans. I'm no Ducasse fan, but my god man.

Yes, we're fans. We also seem to know that Ducasse can't play football, whereas our OL coach doesn't get it (and, frankly, nobody can explain why). The guy is terrible.

Now, if you'd like to refute the idea that Ducasse is terrible, go for it. I'm listening. If not, then my God man, what are you commenting about?

Yes, we're fans. We also seem to know that Ducasse can't play football, whereas our OL coach doesn't get it (and, frankly, nobody can explain why). The guy is terrible.

Now, if you'd like to refute the idea that Ducasse is terrible, go for it. I'm listening. If not, then my God man, what are you commenting about?

I guess I'm just wondering why folks here are crusading to get rid of a guy who didn't even suit up last Sunday.

He's clearly a last resort that get churned out sooner or later; however, given the talent level of any available O-linemen (practice squad or whatever), you'll pretty much have the same problem with anyone occupying that roster spot.

Complaining for the sake of complaining.

I guess I'm just wondering why folks here are crusading to get rid of a guy who didn't even suit up last Sunday.

He's clearly a last resort that get churned out sooner or later; however, given the talent level of any available O-linemen (practice squad or whatever), you'll pretty much have the same problem with anyone occupying that roster spot.

Complaining for the sake of complaining.

Because a guy that doesn't belong on an NFL roster doesn't belong on this team's roster...and the fact that he was apparently being considered for a starting role is rather disturbing, don't you think?

No, there's no way you have the same problem with a guy like Zuttah, Lelito, or even a Brandon Fusco type (all of them are available right now). A world of difference in player quality.

Because a guy that doesn't belong on an NFL roster doesn't belong on this team's roster...and the fact that he was apparently being considered for a starting role is rather disturbing, don't you think?

No, there's no way you have the same problem with a guy like Zuttah, Lelito, or even a Brandon Fusco type (all of them are available right now). A world of difference in player quality.

xoGkq.jpg

Thanks. Looks like no shot at a 3rd. Oh well, would rather have the players that can help today anyway.

If Glenn can stay good to go , hope Dawkins gets a look at RT

Plus Henderson is avail after wk5 at RT also

I thought Dawkins was competing at RT now that Cordy is back?

Thanks. Looks like no shot at a 3rd. Oh well, would rather have the players that can help today anyway.

I thought Dawkins was competing at RT now that Cordy is back?

We won't really know until week 10. I could see Ducasse, Davis and Holmes cut by then, especially if the Bills are able to sign replacements (and it appears they are already searching for Ducasse's replacement as we speak (they brought in 2 Guards)).

I know less than zero about Vlad the Imploder as a person or citizen or teammate. But I would bet anything that in the locker room (and despite good or bad written about him, again I have no idea), he is a God-fearing hard worker and team player. Probably helps out guys like Miller and Groy trying to take his job. Likely has a green uniform with a slash full of medals and merit badges.

That's what Opie likes and wants.

Any of these Greco and Zuttah guys that are now available, the good citizen and teammate element of their game is more important than their talent or experience. If they match Vlad in that arena, AND are better players, then and only then will they supplant the Imploder.

Believe it or not Mills was one of a few OTs not to allow a pressure week 1.

If he keeps it up, and Miller continues to flake out, we should give Dawkins a look at RG once Glenn is 100%. Most projected him at G coming in to the league anyway. I'd say it's worth a shot. The goal is to get your best five out there anyway, am I right?

Edited by ROONDOGG55

Do you get the idea that some of our most opinionated board members haven't gotten around to watching the opening game yet? :flirt:

I know he and Cordy split time at LT. Doesn't mean he's not competing at RT since Cordy should be ready to be the full-time LT again soon.

Believe it or not Mills was one of a few OTs not to allow a pressure week 1.

I'm starting to believe, it looks too good to be true though

CORDY GLENN - B-
DION DAWKINS – B-
RICHIE INCOGNITO – B+
ERIC WOOD - B
JOHN MILLER - D
JORDAN MILLS - A