keeping an eye on Cardale

Commish

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Cardale Jones did not make the best first impression in his debut with the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday.

The Chargers lost to the Seahawks, 48-17, in their preseason opener. Jones completed just two of nine passes for 50 yards, rushed twice for 18 yards and was sacked for an 11-yard loss.

Jones, who was dealt to the Chargers from Buffalo on July 26, was the quarterback for most of the second half. His unit was shut out in the second half after Philip Rivers and Kellen Clemens each threw touchdown passes.

Jones will need stronger showings in the rest of the preseason to earn the job as Rivers’ backup.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm biased but as an OSU fan, Cardale was clearly the #1 overall and best QB prospect both in 2015 and 2016. He was a HoF talent held back. I don't know if you heard, but he won 3 college football games, including a championship, his first year starting. Yes, he was third string behind JT Barrett, but he was a HoF talent. Trust me, I went to OSU.

It's all on the HC, you keep a guy like EJ for that long and it makes you look bad as a HC/talent evaluator. I knew after EJ's 2nd year that he was nothing and with CJ the Jets game was the death of him. Same thing with TT, he is a very average QB and below average as a passer.

When Yates had a bad game there were people complaining we didn't keep Cardale instead. This is why. As bad as your QB is there is always someone worse. I knew when we drafted Cardale it would be a wasted pick. God he's honestly the epitome of QBs I don't even think of drafting - "big arm," "plays big in big moments," "won a national championship."

Same thing with TT, he is a very average QB and below average as a passer.

Wow, that is a very hot take, Ktulu. In fact, it is wasted here at the bottom of a Cardale thread. A new and innovative take like this is clearly worth its very own thread, don't you think? Edited by mannc