Rosen may not enter 18' draft and that is ok

KellyToughII

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000830336/article/uclas-mora-doesnt-believe-josh-rosen-will-enter-2018-draft

I think he and others who are Jr.s might wait to see what the draft order is before declaring. I will say it again, I want Baker Mayfield. I know Lincoln Riley is going to work with him on a few more pro specific things this year. I feel the kid could be the next Favre and I think he would excel in our WCO.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosen has been the guy that I thought we'd target.

I was kind of hoping he'd say enough stuff to fall to us. I want to watch a lot more college ball this year and get a better feel for what the options are. I want options!

Edited by Augie

Why, so he can Rosen the franchise?

I think that these guys are going to go the "safe" route on QB. If they are moving on from an adequate starting QB they aren't going to take a boom or bust guy that could end up like EJ. They are going to want a guy that has played in a pro system and has taken a lot of snaps. They will look for a little longer resume and someone with as few questions as possible. Rosen has just felt like that guy.

I think that these guys are going to go the "safe" route on QB. If they are moving on from an adequate starting QB they aren't going to take a boom or bust guy that could end up like EJ. They are going to want a guy that has played in a pro system and has taken a lot of snaps. They will look for a little longer resume and someone with as few questions as possible. Rosen has just felt like that guy.

Rosen has put himself on Radar for his attitude. Some players allegedly don't like him, he has a primadona attitude and has mouthed off in the press a couple times including recently.

As the video says, he might be the next Eli Manning including the fact he gets streaky. That said, Mayfields only two knocks are a little more accuracy on the deep ball and his one issue of actually being a drunk college student lol. I loved Barry Switzers comment "My QB's wouldn't have been caught" LMAO.

JMO, but a top 1st round pick risking another year in college is a big one. Can't imagine an agent realistically recommending that. Thoughts?

Although Bradford got hurt, he came back and went #1. Too bad it was with the Rams and they nearly got him killed and essentially ruined his career. This is why I think the top guys are now going to possibly hold off. If they see the Jets #1, I know I sure as hell wouldn't come out. :-)

I tend to agree. I'm always surprised when guys make that decision.

From what I've seen and heard, Rosen wants to "own the world" and Darnold is very happy in college. I bet Rosen comes out, and I'd be surprised if Darnold doesn't. I've been surprised by a lot of things though....

Rosen has put himself on Radar for his attitude. Some players allegedly don't like him, he has a primadona attitude and has mouthed off in the press a couple times including recently.

As the video says, he might be the next Eli Manning including the fact he gets streaky. That said, Mayfields only two knocks are a little more accuracy on the deep ball and his one issue of actually being a drunk college student lol. I loved Barry Switzers comment "My QB's wouldn't have been caught" LMAO.

Although Bradford got hurt, he came back and went #1. Too bad it was with the Rams and they nearly got him killed and essentially ruined his career. This is why I think the top guys are now going to possibly hold off. If they see the Jets #1, I know I sure as hell wouldn't come out. :-)

Whoever tanks into the #1 pick, will all look like the Jets.

Are college players this dumb?

Hell he could stay in school another year, have a bad year, and get picked by Jets in 3rd round in 2019.

Edited by cba fan

JMO, but a top 1st round pick risking another year in college is a big one. Can't imagine an agent realistically recommending that. Thoughts?

Neither can I.

Let's see how he feels about entering the draft after he's finished his season at UCLA.

Rumors swirled a few months back about Darnold doing the same.

It's a long way to April 2018 but in Buffalo draft talk is pretty prominent.

I'm guilty of posting a 2018 mock draft in May 2017.

Darnold is only a redshirt sophomore. He was serious was he said he's staying. He's young and still can learn a lot about the QB position.

He will play through his RS JR year like luck

Neither can I.

Let's see how he feels about entering the draft after he's finished his season at UCLA.

Valid point. There will always be variables. Injury or down year can sway your decision to remain in school or declare. If his stock remains high it would be very difficult to turn down the truck load of benjamins he'll likely cash in on.

With all the McBeane regime talk about character it's tough to believe they'd take Rosen.

His character concerns are what again?

A 3.32 GPA?

Finishing his Degree at end of this year?

Or do you mean a College kid rearranging some lawn ornaments

Or going and putting a blow up hot tub in his dorm room

Guess it is just that time of year of tearing QBs up so you can make an excuse to pass on one. Happens every year

Edited by MAJBobby

His character concerns are what again?

that he reads and makes valid arguments. how dare he!

i'd be interested in looking more into Mayfield and Falk pending their wonderlic. they both have a lot of starts and a high completion percentage, although so did EJ and that didn't turn out too well

No, I'm not intimidated by Rosen's genius intellect (for making a stale unoriginal point) it's the prospect that he seems to have a Jay Cutler or Jeff George personality, as pointed out by a previous poster. That goes against what McBeane preaches. They are frauds if they take Rosen. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

i'd be interested in looking more into Mayfield and Falk pending their wonderlic. they both have a lot of starts and a high completion percentage, although so did EJ and that didn't turn out too well

I like Falk too. But i do want to know these apparently well known major character issues that means Rosen cannot be a Bill?

No, I'm not intimated by Rosen's genius intellect (for making a stale unoriginal point) it's the prospect that he seems to have a Jay Cutler or Jeff George personality, as pointed out by a previous poster. That goes against what McBeane preaches. They are frauds if they take Rosen.

So no realt facts on these character issues then

Everyone talks tough at this time of year. College HCs are always pushing for their guys to come back too. We will get to December and see a bunch of guys pulling out of the San Diego Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl. It's a new day.

This. The offseason is a world away.

Rumors swirled a few months back about Darnold doing the same.

It's a long way to April 2018 but in Buffalo draft talk is pretty prominent.

I'm guilty of posting a 2018 mock draft in May 2017.

...EXACTLY....WHO is coming out, WHO gets injured or even WHO gets arrested is a wild crap shoot.....prognosticators and posters have foggy "crystal bawls" despite their alleged expertise....BUT....Buffalo's position with two 1sts, two 2nds and two 3rds is THE best in recent memory regardless.............

I like Falk too. But i do want to know these apparently well known major character issues that means Rosen cannot be a Bill?

So no realt facts on these character issues then

It has been mentioned he has a prima donna attitude, has pissed off several teammates. Now this might now be under the Character issue category, but he does seem to have that Jeff George air about him. Yes he is a great physical talent, but his attitude concerns me. Now I am willing to admit I might be wrong, but we have seen guys who have been perceived to have this type of attitude in the past not work out.

It has been mentioned he has a prima donna attitude, has pissed off several teammates. Now this might now be under the Character issue category, but he does seem to have that Jeff George air about him. Yes he is a great physical talent, but his attitude concerns me. Now I am willing to admit I might be wrong, but we have seen guys who have been perceived to have this type of attitude in the past not work out.

Jeff George is a ridiculous comparison. Seriously, stop with that.

I have looked into these character problems reorts ,which seem to be More prevalent the more he speaks about NCAA. So hmmm i have dug into this alot i have not seen one quote from any team mate calling him a prima donna.

Instead i see alot about how he has matured from being a Frosh, and is a hard worker and leader. Show me those teammates quotes

Edited by MAJBobby

Its great he is smart, the issue is he knows it and is an ass about it allegedly. Mayfield and Falk are my two right now.

Again show me any proof otherwise it is fake

I got it your a Baker Mayfield fan but no need to try and tear down a good QB

And i notice Baker Mayfield in your mind doesnt have character issues right. How is that

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18764103/oklahoma-sooners-quarterback-baker-mayfield-arrested

http://es.pn/2moOf6P

Edited by MAJBobby

I have looked into these character problems reorts ,which seem to be More prevalent the more he speaks about NCAA. So hmmm i have dug into this alot i have not seen one quote from any team mate calling him a prima donna.

Instead i see alot about how he has matured from being a Frosh, and is a hard worker and leader. Show me those teammates quotes

We shall see.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.