Greatest WR you've seen in your lifetime

major

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

My God! With the exception of 'Kemp', are you all millennials??

Bambi

Otis Taylor

Fred Bilnikoff

All 1sr ballot HOFers. All better than anyone previously mentioned. HM: Steve Largent.

Yep they are all better than Rice, please give me a break.

My God! With the exception of 'Kemp', are you all millennials??

Bambi

Otis Taylor

Fred Bilnikoff

All 1sr ballot HOFers. All better than anyone previously mentioned. HM: Steve Largent.

. Saw them all. Alworth wasfantastic. Good call on Taylor. But none better than Rice.

Sterling Sharpe. Dude was uncoverable...double teamed, triple teamed, didn't matter, he still got open.

He would have put up ridiculous numbers if his career wasn't cut short by injury...he was more talented than his brother, Shannon Sharpe...

Good add. He was amazing.

Surprised to see so much Calvin Johnson and so little TO. To was megatron that was great in big games. I think that Super Bowl that he played may have been the best game a receiver has ever had with all of those circumstances.

For me, Calvin had everything. He was huge, and couldn't be knocked off the ball by big defenders.

Teams literally put 3 defenders on him, knowing the ball was going his way, and it didn't matter.

Nobody ever did stuff like this. He had 4.3 speed, so guys like Patrick Peterson couldn't even run with him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000244679/Johnson-72-yard-TD-reception

He had incredible hands and athleticism:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTYhvhthtBI

Odell Beckman is going to go down as one of the greatest.

He does things no WR can do. Not to mention already has multiple records.

He won't last.... depends if Eli stays, if he gets a QB that he doesnt like than he'll throws a diva and sits himself.

Otis was something... and again you forgot Cliff Branch

Edited by North Buffalo

Would have to be Calvin Johnson.

He's up there, with 45 years or watching I can name 10 immortals that I would be happy if they could have been on my team. CJ just didn't produce like the others listed, not always his fault, but that's effing how she goes boyz.

Rice. On the 20 with one play to win the game I would want Rice to be the target.

But they went to John Taylor on the most clutch play of the Montana era...

And Dwight Clark gets the all-time catch for the Montana era.

I disagree...Sterling Sharpe was every bit of Rice's equal

He was great. Took him a little longer to get going and obviously had his career cut short. Otherwise he may be a centerpiece in the GOAT conversation.

Jerry put up 1200 yrds when he was 40!!

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood