Are you ready for some Peterman????

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you cut Yates for Kaepernick... and would cutting Yates benefit us regarding a compensatory pick... was he one of the 7 qualifying free agent signings?

Given the desire to remove any aspect of circus from Buffalo, I suspect Pegs would not be interested. That aside, yes, there is no planet on which Yates would give us a better chance to win. I'd take RG3 over him. I'd bring back Thad Lewis over him.

Yates blows and Peterman looked okay against guys who will not be in the league in September. Tyrod goes down and the Bills are bleeped in 2017.

Playing with guys that wont be in the league in September. Goes both ways. And yes, Yates needs to go. Pick up another camp hand in his stead.

Peterman looked poised for a raw rookie. That's a big first step.

I agree the kid did good and this was a good first step. I wish him luck and hope he takes Tyrods job sooner then later. I don't expect much from this team this season. In my opinion this teams best bet is to position itself for next seasons draft and go all in on drafting the top QB. I'd love to see Peterman steal the starter roll this year and take this team to the playoffs but sadly I'm thinking thats way to big of a longshot so Im more about next seasons draft and Tyrod shown the door. 2018 draft can't come soon enough.

I agree the kid did good and this was a good first step. I wish him luck and hope he takes Tyrods job sooner then later. I don't expect much from this team this season. In my opinion this teams best bet is to position itself for next seasons draft and go all in on drafting the top QB. I'd love to see Peterman steal the starter roll this year and take this team to the playoffs but sadly I'm thinking thats way to big of a longshot so Im more about next seasons draft and Tyrod shown the door. 2018 draft can't come soon enough.

Not gonna happen and is there butter on that roll?

Does Peterman not remind you more of Rob Johnson than Doug Flutie? It's like he has the physical traits of Rob, with Doug's personality and brains... Maybe he's what we need to break the curse!!! It's kind of like how Hank Jr blended old style country music to rock n roll...

Doug's personality? So he's a Mass hole?

Not gonna happen and is there butter on that roll?

Give Tyrod back to back 3 and outs during the season and watch how fast this staffs thinks about using Peterman over Tyrod. When the pressure is on and the game is on the line Tyrod is on the bench after consecutive 3 and outs. Don't be so sure of the Tyrod wagon those wheels have come off before and sadly I expect it to happen again.

As for the roll, butter it up buttercup.

Edited by xRUSHx

Give Tyrod back to back 3 and outs during the season and watch how fast this staffs thinks about using him over Tyrod. When the pressure is on and the game is on the line Tyrod is on the bench after consecutive 3 and outs. Don't be so sure of the Tyrod wagon those wheels have come off before and sadly I expect it to happen again.

As for the roll, butter it up buttercup.

Dream on. Tyrod's by far the best QB on the team and Peterman isn't close to being ready for real NFL game action. Taylor will start for the team unless he gets injured.

Dream on. Tyrod's by far the best QB on the team and Peterman isn't close to being ready for real NFL game action. Taylor will start for the team unless he gets injured.

Sadly I agree but sadly it doesn't matter this team isn't going anywhere this season. I would love to see the new QB Peterman trying over the same failed QB in Tyrod we had to watch fail the last two seasons. Peterman would make it a new experience to watch and hope for, with Tyrod I have zero confidence in any big wins. I'm ready for a new era sadly we got another season of the Rex era with Tyrod still as the starter.

Sadly I agree but sadly it doesn't matter this team isn't going anywhere this season. I would love to see the new QB Peterman trying over the same failed QB in Tyrod we had to watch fail the last two seasons. Peterman would make it a new experience to watch and hope for, with Tyrod I have zero confidence in any big wins. I'm ready for a new era sadly we got another season of the Rex era with Tyrod still as the starter.

Tyrod's not a perfect QB, but he's easily the best on the team. So you want to throw a rookie who's not ready for prime time just for ***** and grins? You can forget about that because McDermott and company are trying to win games.

Yeah, he's light years ahead of Peterman. It's actually comical that people can't see that. Barring an injury he will start all 16 games. If he gets hurt for a little while I hope that they roll with Peterman.

Tyrod's not a perfect QB, but he's easily the best on the team. So you want to throw a rookie who's not ready for prime time just for ***** and grins? You can forget about that because McDermott and company are trying to win games.

Yeah, no one debates this except for a few TBD contrarians. Even Ryan agrees with this despite his disdain for TT. No one that I have seen thinks that the Bills have a better option at QB. Their issue is "why run Tyrod out there if he's going to get you to 7-9?" It's not a bad argument. Either be bad enough to replace him or go to the playoffs. Mediocrity is the worst place to be.

Many have been saying Peterman already outshines Yates for #2 in multiple threads. So your answer is yes.

I was first so please give me the respect that I deserve. :) Edited by Kirby Jackson

Dak got thrown to the wolves in Dallas so yes I'd be all in favor of watching a rookie in Peterman over Tyrod running around and not winning. With Peterman we don't know what is possible but with Tyrod its already over.

Yeah, no one debates this except for a few TBD contractions. Even Ryan agrees with this despite his disdain for TT. No one that I have seen thinks that the Bills have a better option at QB. Their issue is "why run Tyrod out there if he's going to get you to 7-9?" It's not a bad argument. Either be bad enough to replace him or go to the playoffs. Mediocrity is the worst place to be.

Better tell that to McDermott and the rest of the crew at OBD. From a long suffering fan POV I get it, but NFL teams don't think like that. They have ammo for 2018 to replace Tyrod should he not measure up as the guy like many suspect he won't.

Dak got thrown to the wolves in Dallas so yes I'd be all in favor of watching a rookie in Peterman over Tyrod running around and not winning. With Peterman we don't know what is possible but with Tyrod its already over.

Dak and NP aren't even close to the same. Dak was an aberration. You must have not watched Peterman tonight to even think of making that comparison.

Yeah, no one debates this except for a few TBD contractions. Even Ryan agrees with this despite his disdain for TT. No one that I have seen thinks that the Bills have a better option at QB. Their issue is "why run Tyrod out there if he's going to get you to 7-9?" It's not a bad argument. Either be bad enough to replace him or go to the playoffs. Mediocrity is the worst place to be.

I was first so please give me the respect that I deserve. :)

You were the first? Sorry man I wasn't paying attention to names on so many posts to read on gameday thread.

Well alrighty then I thought you were asking a question, my bad, all hail Kirby you the man that was first to call it. Respect

Better tell that to McDermott and the rest of the crew at OBD. From a long suffering fan POV I get it, but NFL teams don't think like that. They have ammo for 2018 to replace Tyrod should he not measure up as the guy like many suspect he won't.

Dak and NP aren't even close to the same. Dak was an aberration. You must have not watched Peterman tonight to even think of making that comparison.

Hey man all I'm thinking about is next year's draft but if Peterman can light up a season and show the fans we don't need to draft a QB in 2018 I'm all for it. With Tyrod its no different then watching Fitz or any other scrub backup from another teams backup pile. Been there done that. Just not good enough just leads me to the same thing I've been screaming for years, draft a top QB in round one and build around him not the other way around. Until a real franchise worthy QB is found it just doesnt matter.

You were the first? Sorry man I wasn't paying attention to names on so many posts to read on gameday thread.

Well alrighty then I thought you were asking a question, my bad, all hail Kirby you the man that was first to call it. Respect

Hey man all I'm thinking about is next year's draft but if Peterman can light up a season and show the fans we don't need to draft a QB in 2018 I'm all for it. With Tyrod its no different then watching Fitz or any other scrub backup from another teams backup pile. Been there done that. Just not good enough just leads me to the same thing I've been screaming for years, draft a top QB in round one and build around him not the other way around. Until a real franchise worthy QB is found it just doesnt matter.

I don't see him as that kind of prospect. Anquan Boldin, Kyle Williams, Richie Incognito, Eric Wood, Lorenzo Alexander, et al. couldn't care less about the 2018 draft. They want to win now.

I was first so please give me the respect that I deserve. :)

Tanking the season for a QB is the last thing this fan base needs to endure in my humble opinion.

How are the Colts and A Luck working out? I don't think you could expect a better outcome at QB.

You need good systems in place on both sides of the football, good coaches and players or the superstar QB you just drafted is not going to shine.

He may even get ruined by the time you do build a team around him thats good enough to win.

Seahawks is a good model to follow IMO Kirb.

I don't see him as that kind of prospect. Anquan Boldin, Kyle Williams, Richie Incognito, Eric Wood, Lorenzo Alexander, et al. couldn't care less about the 2018 draft. They want to win now.

we all want to win now, sadly Tyrod isnt the QB to win now with, ask Rex about that.

If they want to win now they need to go for the unknown in Peterman because with Tyrod all we have is next year's draft to think about, like it or not.

Edited by xRUSHx

we all want to win now, sadly Tyrod isnt the QB to win now with, ask Rex about that.

Ask Rex about his defense that let the team down the last two seasons.

Irrespective of that, Peterman isn't going to start ahead of Tyrod no matter how much you wish for it.

If they want to win now they need to go for the unknown in Peterman because with Tyrod all we have is next year's draft to think about, like it or not.

Yeah, you've repeated this garbage at least 100 times. It was never fresh and you've never cited a scrap of evidence to back it up. Stop wasting everyone's time,

It was a great debut for a 5th round pick. He's what you think he is, a project. Trubisky, Watson, Kizer, were considerably better. They all made plays down the field. Peterman's TD toss was a beauty, but everything over the middle was behind or above his receivers. The rest were dump off's that Pop Warner QB's should make. It will be interesting to see how Mahomes fairs. I have hope for the kid, but I really hope we get our franchise guy next year. For all TT is, and I like him a lot, he still can not make all the throws to be the cornerstone of the franchise. I hope I am wrong and the rust comes off.

TT's first 3 throws to Sammy were nice, then he crapped out for a bit. Nothing deep. I'm very anxious to see what Jones and Bolden bring next week. For all the talk of Streater, he was a no show. Same with Holmes. It's all pre-season and vanilla so we could all be wrong, but Pete's a #2, Yates needs to step up and earn his roster spot and TT needs to take the next step to be the man.

NP seems to be a natural leader of men. I like Tyrod and hope he takes the next step this season, but I'm also eager to observe NP's development. I feel much better about our QB situation than I have in quite some time. If McDermott can transform the defense back into a formidable unit, we can be a real tough out for teams this year.

Ask Rex about his defense that let the team down the last two seasons.Irrespective of that, Peterman isn't going to start ahead of Tyrod no matter how much you wish for it.

Exactly. Rex's defense got him fired. The Tyrod led offense with the Bills 2013 or 2014 (pre-Rex) defense and Buffalo makes the playoffs. Especially with that 2014 defense.

Tyrod is far from the reason Rex got fired. It was his defense, and just his overall incompetence as a head coach - not even getting the proper number of players on the field, or play calls in on time. Not being able to properly teach his defensive scheme. The embarrassing amount of penalties and the list goes on... it was just his overall circus act that got him fired.

If Rex had shown to be a competent coach that had things moving in the right direction he'd likely still be here. But it was clear to most everyone that was not the case, hence why he wasn't given more time. I don't think Pegula liked being a constant national media punchline under Rex, either...

He looked good for his 1st start, I was impressed. Very composed under pressure from some odd-man rushes. It looks like there is going to be a battle for #2. Of course, preseason QB play is the ultimate Kool-Aid. As a reminder I should dig up the archived thread from 2 years ago when a lot of people thought we had 3 possible starters on the team after the preseason (yes, people though Cassel and EJ were starting caliber).

This has been my argument since joining TBD many years ago. Why put X quarterback out there to be a .500 team? We would have had a QB by now if someone listened to me. Tyrod is just the next in a long line of .500 quality QB's. We haven't had a real QB since Bledsoe that had the potential to get us where we wanted to go. Lots of dicking around with sub par QB's where the argument has been maybe if we had a good RB and dominant defense then we might have a shot because such and such team did it without a QB once. Peterman outplayed Yates and deserves a shot with the 2's next game. We know Yates doesn't have it. Let's see what we have otherwise let's keep looking!

This has been my argument since joining TBD many years ago. Why put X quarterback out there to be a .500 team? We would have had a QB by now if someone listened to me. Tyrod is just the next in a long line of .500 quality QB's. We haven't had a real QB since Bledsoe that had the potential to get us where we wanted to go. Lots of dicking around with sub par QB's where the argument has been maybe if we had a good RB and dominant defense then we might have a shot because such and such team did it without a QB once. Peterman outplayed Yates and deserves a shot with the 2's next game. We know Yates doesn't have it. Let's see what we have otherwise let's keep looking!

I think the NFL guys think there's a fine line between "we know X doesn't have it" and "let's wait and see". If a player doesn't fit into either category, then they're in the Yates category of, "at least he gives us a chance". I think this is wrong, mind you, but for some reason that seems to be how it goes.

We probably both agree that the best method is to just bring in QBs constantly and not get swept away by the potential. At a certain point someone needs to get groomed, but do we settle for these mediocre QB's because we just want a chance to compete or because we think there's something they could develop into? With Fitzpatrick it seemed obvious, with Taylor it's confusing.

To be clear, I would have moved on from Taylor this season, especially with a new offense, simply because we need to keep trying to strike gold.