How much money do you spend on alcohol a month?

I don't want to add it up because it will depress me, but the wife and I drink a bottle of wine a night. Maybe a bit less on Mon/Tues/Wed, maybe a bit more on Fri/Sat. And then there's the beer when I'm golfing.

The problem is the older you get, you buy better booze.

For instance, what we would call our "everyday" bottle of wine 10 years ago cost $8, now it's closer to $15..and we usually are one a day.

My wife went from Tangueary to Hendricks as her gin of choice..

I am no longer knocking back Buds..usually a craft with the occasional Genny thrown in!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is the older you get, you buy better booze.

For instance, what we would call our "everyday" bottle of wine 10 years ago cost $8, now it's closer to $15..and we usually are one a day.

My wife went from Tangueary to Hendricks as her gin of choice..

I am no longer knocking back Buds..usually a craft with the occasional Genny thrown in!

That's exactly it.

I try to only do 1-2 bottles of wine a week, with beer being the main alcoholic drink of choice. But they all tend to be more expensive because you look for quality. I'll easily spend more for nice red/white, because I know I'll enjoy it that much more. Same goes for beer.

It's probably $300ish a month. $20-$25 a week on craft beers for the house. I like to have 1 or 2 a night. Another $30 a month (ish) on "drinking beers." That's what I'd call your Miller Lite's or whatever. I keep some for when people come over or bringing them to a party. Another $150 a month at a bar or game. Probably another $100 on miscellaneous drinks at dinner. It was a little worse before my fiancé quit drinking. We used to go through probably 4 bottles of wine a week. When she quit I switched from a couple of glasses of wine at night to a beer or 2.

That's exactly it.

I try to only do 1-2 bottles of wine a week, with beer being the main alcoholic drink of choice. But they all tend to be more expensive because you look for quality. I'll easily spend more for nice red/white, because I know I'll enjoy it that much more. Same goes for beer.

Agree on this, I'd rather buy less of a good beer or wine. I like a variety too so I'm enjoying assembling my 6 packs. There aren't too many IPAs in the south that I haven't at least tried.

Good question! You tell us.

You know, I always wanted to start a thread about Favorite Recreational Drugs because I think it would be far more interesting and entertaining than any other Favorite threads, but I figured it wouldn't last very long.

These days, zero. Way back in the day at one time, I made more money than I spent. :lol:

You know, I always wanted to start a thread about Favorite Recreational Drugs because I think it would be far more interesting and entertaining than any other Favorite threads, but I figured it wouldn't last very long.

These days, zero. Way back in the day at one time, I made more money than I spent. :lol:

In "break even mode" now?

50k-70k ... more during the holidays

Are you a banquet manager? :)

I don't want to add it up because it will depress me, but the wife and I drink a bottle of wine a night. Maybe a bit less on Mon/Tues/Wed, maybe a bit more on Fri/Sat. And then there's the beer when I'm golfing.

A bottle a night! :lol:

Holysh*t this explains your takes on TSW a lot.......you are an angry drunk, btw. :beer:

A bottle a night! :lol:

Holysh*t this explains your takes on TSW a lot.......you are an angry drunk, btw. :beer:

Umm, that's 2.5 glasses a person over 4-5 hours. If you're getting drunk on that, you've got issues.

By the way, what's your excuse?

Edited by eball

What no invitations? I'll cook you guys can tend bar.

I'd take you up on that offer, invitation extended ....

Myself and my 20 year old are carnivores, wife is a vegetarian, 22 year old is a vegan ....

Wine will be either an Oregon Reserve Pinot Noir (Roco) or a nice Margaux, Pomerol or St Emilion.

Create

I'd take you up on that offer, invitation extended ....

Myself and my 20 year old are carnivores, wife is a vegetarian, 22 year old is a vegan ....

Wine will be either an Oregon Reserve Pinot Noir (Roco) or a nice Margaux, Pomerol or St Emilion.

Create

Change your name to frostbit_Gal and I'd consider. Until then..........

I am starting to keep tabs on my wife's liquor bill. We were in the Quad Cities (Davenport, IA) eating @ a Thai place yesterday. Wife had a glass of plum wine. 8 bucks. I got bill and said to my daughter: "Looks like Mama's booze put our bill over the edge."

Should I say, my wife was not impressed! I cited this thread... And she's on record, that there is a bean counter watching!

;-)

Umm, that's 2.5 glasses a person over 4-5 hours. If you're getting drunk on that, you've got issues.

By the way, what's your excuse?

my wife an i have a bottle a night on the regular as well. we'll have breaks where we just drink on the weekends for a while, but during the summer, we eat outside as much as we can and enjoy a drink.