How much money do you spend on alcohol a month?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That stuff is very good. Recently, I visited a couple friends in South Beach and her father had a 3000 mL bottle of 2012 Silver Oak. He brought it out to the restaurant and we enjoyed the hell out of it all night. Fantastic time.

We love it, but would rarely spend that much anymore.

A buddy of mine used to look after his 80 year old neighbor and got invited to his B-Day party at a great restaurant. The guys son had two bottles of wine born the same year dear old day was - 80 years old. They were $10,000 EACH. He said it was OK, but no better than the other wine that night. With 20 people they each got a little taste. I think the son would win (or lose?) this little "how much?" thread.

We're (us groomsmen) currently trying to convince our friend to hold his bachelor party weekend in Montreal instead of Vegas. Just way too expensive. My wife and I spent over 1500 on food and drinks alone when we were in Vegas earlier this summer. Crazy.

This is the realization I came to while in LV. It's not about gambling anymore for most folks. That's not how they get you anymore.

The housing market crisis forced Vegas to make a hard transition to shopping/entertainment focus and then social media created a lucrative market for "look how much fun I'm having" moments.

I am glad for Vegas......didn't look promising there 5-6 years ago.

Want to do wine country in California at some point.

You'll love it. I think the key is to set up tastings at the small production wineries. When we have visited we've hired a driver who has lots of contacts and arranges a day of tastings at three or four locations in Napa. You're just one-on-one with the winemaker and the experience is awesome.

Unfortunately no. Visited twice in the last five years. But Sonoma is on our list.

In the 8 years we lived in the Bay Area we visited Sonoma probably 60 times and Napa maybe 6. Napa probably has better wine but the Sonoma AVA is much larger so a lot less crowded and had some pretty damn good wine too. Also more agricultural products like some of the world's best cheese. :D

In the 8 years we lived in the Bay Area we visited Sonoma probably 60 times and Napa maybe 6. Napa probably has better wine but the Sonoma AVA is much larger so a lot less crowded and had some pretty damn good wine too. Also more agricultural products like some of the world's best cheese. :D

Now that you live closer to San Diego county, try the Temecula AVA and the Ramona AVA. Cordiano's is my favorite even though I don't drink anymore. Great pizza though.

Now that you live closer to San Diego county, try the Temecula AVA and the Ramona AVA. Cordiano's is my favorite even though I don't drink anymore. Great pizza though.

It's on our to do list. Was never really that impressed with the Temecula wine but after extensive "research" in Sonoma I know you have to get out there and try it. I don't drink anymore either so I swirl and sniff and rely on my wife's tastebuds. And congrats on your continued sobriety.