How much money do you spend on alcohol a month?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course. Have you ever seen the criteria of what's technically an alcoholic? If this is the measuring stick, 90% of the people I know are alcoholics.

https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/overview-alcohol-consumption/moderate-binge-drinking

I guess I'm what they refer to as a high risk drinker. I don't drink Monday - Wednesday, but I generally have more than 5 the other 4 days of the week.

I guess I'm what they refer to as a high risk drinker. I don't drink Monday - Wednesday, but I generally have more than 5 the other 4 days of the week.

I drink every day. Usually about 2 beers or about a 3 oz glass of whiskey. The weekends I'll have more. I might get drunk 3-5 times a year.

Edited by Teeflebees

What I found on the internet

NIAAA's Definition of Drinking at Low Risk for Developing Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD): For women, low-risk drinking is defined as no more than 3 drinks on any single day and no more than 7 drinks per week. For men, it is defined as no more than 4 drinks on any single day and no more than 14 drinks per week.

What I found on the internet

NIAAA's Definition of Drinking at Low Risk for Developing Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD): For women, low-risk drinking is defined as no more than 3 drinks on any single day and no more than 7 drinks per week. For men, it is defined as no more than 4 drinks on any single day and no more than 14 drinks per week.

Crap....i think I checked off all those boxes yesterday. Edited by RaoulDuke79

On my loosely followed Excel grid, I budget $250/month. Since we bought a new house, my wife has talked me into one Blackbox Mon-Fri. I originally stuck my nose up at this, but it's not all bad. My weekend bottles are much nicer as a result. Rarely buy bottles of booze or beer.

Fairly decent boxed wine. Their whites are ok. I think the current Chardonnay has an 88 rating. Not a fan of their reds.

wine ratings are such a funny thing, kinda like the quotes thrown up in a movie ad.

All that matters is your rating, and you like it :thumbsup:

Rare Saturday where we stayed home last night, saved a good $50 at least on booze last night, even considering the nice 750ML Saison and nice bottle of wine we had.

Fairly decent boxed wine. Their whites are ok. I think the current Chardonnay has an 88 rating. Not a fan of their reds.

Alternative packaging has become a big thing and the stigma is going away. At the Sea Island GA tennis club recently they had an exhibition and had Chardonnay available in some kind of carton, like a giant juice box! I must say I enjoyed it immensely.

I saw something on the news a few years ago about wines not keeping the way they used to and most are consumed within a few days of purchase. This made me nervous as after a trip to wine country in California my wife fell in love with Silver Oak Cabernet (about $100/bottle). She's hard to buy for (if she wants it, she gets it) so I started getting her a bottle of this stuff for her birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc. to have something to give her. We had a climate controlled wine closet so I figured it would keep fine. After the news piece I opened a bottle to find it had gone bad. %$#&!!! Naturally, we declared Open Season on the rest of the Silver Oak! Lo and behold, every other bottle remaining was FABULOUS!

Edited by Augie

Glad to hear it. Even happier I never started when I hear stories of ppl having to quit. Same with smoking and drugs. Glad I never fell into those traps just to look cool in front of other teenagers.

I'll never regret the things I did when I was younger. Had a blast!

Alternative packaging has become a big thing and the stigma is going away. At the Sea Island GA tennis club recently they had an exhibition and had Chardonnay available in some kind of carton, like a giant juice box! I must say I enjoyed it immensely.

I saw something on the news a few years ago about wines not keeping the way they used to and most are consumed within a few days of purchase. This made me nervous as after a trip to wine country in California my wife fell in love with Silver Oak Cabernet (about $100/bottle). She's hard to buy for (if she wants it, she gets it) so I started getting her a bottle of this stuff for her birthday, Christmas, anniversary, etc. to have something to give her. We had a climate controlled wine closet so I figured it would keep fine. After the news piece I opened a bottle to find it had gone bad. %$#&!!! Naturally, we declared Open Season on the rest of the Silver Oak! Lo and behold, every other bottle remaining was FABULOUS!

That stuff is very good. Recently, I visited a couple friends in South Beach and her father had a 3000 mL bottle of 2012 Silver Oak. He brought it out to the restaurant and we enjoyed the hell out of it all night. Fantastic time.