How much money do you spend on alcohol a month?

Jesus dude. You do realize if you had cut that in half you'd have retired 5 years sooner? Just some friendly internet advice. :bag:

This is what actually made me cut way down on drinking. I use to buy beer everyday but then I did the math and found I could invest so much more if I cut out wasteful drinking and eating out too much.

When I was in 6th grade our teacher did the math on the board for a lifetime smoker and how much a pack a day would cost over a lifetime. That was a good lesson.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spend enough on alcohol that I don't care to know how much I spend on alcohol.

Truth.

This thread has made me feel a lot better about my drinking habits.

Haha, totally agree.

For me, it's a lot. It might sound bad but going out to eat and drink is kind of our hobby. I really couldn't even guess. Every week is different, and every season is different. In the summer I'll drink more on softball nights but it's more light beer and shots. Also, there are more parties and get-togethers with the nice weather. In the fall I'll drink with the coaches after our games but I'm usually busy so it's not as much as summer. Winter, I'm bored a lot so I'll drink more nights but maybe only one or two per night-- manhattan's or heavy craft brews. In the spring, it's similar to the fall. In conclusion, I drink the most during the summer and winter but in no way can guess how much I spend.

Edited by Wooderson

More shocked you found a wife (did she voluntarily say her vows or did you dub in her consent via the PA system?)

I did pretty well. Actually took her 7 years to get me to pop the question. I think she was drugging me!!!

I'd be curious to see what the folks in Vegas, NY and Miami spend. Every time that I go out in those cities it's like $15 drinks. I'd bet that they have a big number.

All depends on lifestyle. My good friend and his husband proly spend $300 a week on booze in Manhattan, while another friend and his wife prolly spend $75 a week in Brooklyn. Having kids makes a HUGE difference, especially younger kids. And a $20 cocktail is commonplace now in Manhattan, and DC for that matter.

I'd be curious to see what the folks in Vegas, NY and Miami spend. Every time that I go out in those cities it's like $15 drinks. I'd bet that they have a big number.

even here in rochester a lot of the prices have crept up to $15 a drink. to order a martini, you won't get it for much less than 10, and they max around 15. beers and wine are in the 5-8 area. mind you, these are nicer restaurant prices. i was out with a board member recently, and the bar we were at was selling $1.50 cans. that was the stuff.

All depends on lifestyle. My good friend and his husband proly spend $300 a week on booze in Manhattan, while another friend and his wife prolly spend $75 a week in Brooklyn. Having kids makes a HUGE difference, especially younger kids. And a $20 cocktail is commonplace now in Manhattan, and DC for that matter.

That's the beauty of New Orleans 3 for 1. Even the nice places are 2 for 1 at Happy Hour. Also, $.25 martinis at lunch. Edited by Kirby Jackson

You know, I always wanted to start a thread about Favorite Recreational Drugs because I think it would be far more interesting and entertaining than any other Favorite threads, but I figured it wouldn't last very long.

These days, zero. Way back in the day at one time, I made more money than I spent. :lol:

I like you.

even here in rochester a lot of the prices have crept up to $15 a drink. to order a martini, you won't get it for much less than 10, and they max around 15. beers and wine are in the 5-8 area. mind you, these are nicer restaurant prices. i was out with a board member recently, and the bar we were at was selling $1.50 cans. that was the stuff.

The craft cocktail movement has really upped the price points. Sometimes its worth it, but now every half assed barkeep in Rochester fancies themselves a mixologist with license to charge $12 per drink regardless of quality.

The craft cocktail movement has really upped the price points. Sometimes its worth it, but now every half assed barkeep in Rochester fancies themselves a mixologist with license to charge $12 per drink regardless of quality.

Interesting trend. I went to a bar in Vegas that specializes in these sort of "craft cocktails." The server asked what type of spirit you preferred, and then would recommend different herbs and stuff (mint, tarragon, jalapeños) to go with the spirit. I had tequila with cucumber, jalapeño and some herb...can't remember. Cost me 20 dollars. In telling my BIL about the place, he explained that these type of bars are all over the place in California and big cities across the country.

Interesting trend. I went to a bar in Vegas that specializes in these sort of "craft cocktails." The server asked what type of spirit you preferred, and then would recommend different herbs and stuff (mint, tarragon, jalapeños) to go with the spirit. I had tequila with cucumber, jalapeño and some herb...can't remember. Cost me 20 dollars. In telling my BIL about the place, he explained that these type of bars are all over the place in California and big cities across the country.

Craft cocktail bars are everywhere. Typically, in a speakeasy concept which gives hipster "mixologists" an excuse to wear fedoras and grow ridiculous moustaches like its 1926.

Tequila bars are the current trend. Tequila cocktails or tequila infused with a million other flavors.

My guess, mezcal bars will be the next big craze.

Craft cocktail bars are everywhere. Typically, in a speakeasy concept which gives hipster "mixologists" an excuse to wear fedoras and grow ridiculous moustaches like its 1926.

Tequila bars are the current trend. Tequila cocktails or tequila infused with a million other flavors.

My guess, mezcal bars will be the next big craze.

I'm a retired mixologist.

My special drink recipes would make your panties drop.

Also referred to as "bespoke" cocktail bars. There's one in Durham (NC) now. It's a novelty the first time, but after doing it once you're just like "make me a drink, ok?"

boy is this the truth. if you see a drink listed on a little chalkboard, you know you're getting bent over. it's funny you mentioned speakeasies. the one in rochester, (scofflaw) hits the craft drink concept pretty hard. i always get a bit excited to try something new, but a minute or two into drinking a $15 drink i think meh.

Sissy

since you're asian, don't you get all splotchy when you drink?