Marrone said ideally Bortles throws Zero passes in a game...

Great hire Jaguars....he wants to run the ball every play...let's see how well that works in years two and three after he's had a chance to ruin the offensive line...

"Last month, when head coach Doug Marrone was asked how many times quarterback Blake Bortles would ideally throw in a game, he said 'Zero.'

That was not really a joke. 'For me, I want to run the ball every play, Marrone told reporters. I want to go back to the old way. I want to change the game.'"

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrone must not have watched the super bowl. No lead is safe in today's NFL with the way passing rules are. If you have a QB that can pass the football you have a chance in any game.

This just made me laugh because I am thinking about a QB that "can" pass. Marrone may not have a QB that "can" pass because he's not allowed to.

I mean, certain defenders are getting smaller so I can definitely see where he's coming from. Late 90s or early 2000s coaches would be having wet dreams about the prospects of going against 6-0 220 lb linebackers.

Marrone must not have watched the super bowl. No lead is safe in today's NFL with the way passing rules are. If you have a QB that can pass the football you have a chance in any game.

Atlanta was running the ball for about 6yds a carry and got away from it trying to get Matty "Dry" Ice the MVP.

Atlanta was running the ball for about 6yds a carry and got away from it trying to get Matty "Dry" Ice the MVP.

Yep. If there was a lesson from the Superbowl it was no lead is safe when you are ideologically determined to pass every play.

Obviously. This will lead to more punts. Marrone may really try to change the game by punting on 3rd down. Omg please just move the Jags to London.

Or Canada. You know, so he only has to run twice before...

Edited by eball

Obviously, if Bortles doesn't throw the ball, obviously, then there's obviously more opportunities to punt, obviously, which is Marrone's forte. Smart. Play to your strengths.

Damn you, Yolo. Beat me by seconds.

Edited by transient