Ghetto recipes

It's late at night and I got a craving for pizza.

So I just put american cheese, Ragu, and bacon bits on a tortilla, then stuck it in the toaster oven.

I think it's going to turn out good.

What are some other leftover/no real ingredient recipes have people here cobbled together?

It's late at night and I got a craving for pizza.

So I just put american cheese, Ragu, and bacon bits on a tortilla, then stuck it in the toaster oven.

I think it's going to turn out good.

What are some other leftover/no real ingredient recipes have people here cobbled together?

Some variations.

Instead ragu use cheese and salsa on a flour tortilla and bake a few minutes to melt and crisp. Top with lettuce, tomato, onion and sour cream, then fold in half. Even better if you have some leftover taco filling.

Giant pita breads, 12" in diameter, make awesome thin crust pizza shells. Find a Middle Eastern grocery. They sell those pitas for like $2 for 6.

Take a Lean Cuisine Santa Fe Beans and Rice. Halfway through zapping it in the microwave, add a slice or two of White American cheese or cheddar, then mix and finish zapping. Serve with Fritos.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Protein powder + Greek yogurt spread over rice cakes...amazing

A couple of potatoes sliced super thin, squeezed between paper towels to dry, given a thin coat of olive oil, heavily seasoned, and microwaved on HIGH for 5-6 minutes until crispy makes some darn fine homemade kettle chips.

2 mostly bananas mashed (do not puree) + 2 beaten eggs with a dash each of vanilla/cinnamon/baking powder makes a surprisingly tasty pancake batter. Make sure you use a nonstick griddle with cooking spray, and cook them over med-high heat. Makes a GIANT stack of pancakes for ~350 calories; add a tablespoon of real maple syrup and you're looking at a delicious late-night caper for a mere 400 cals of nothing but healthy ingredients.

Edited by thebandit27

So, how was It? I've had many a meal like that, but strangely enough, I don't remember them. ;-)

Didn't taste like pizza, but it was pretty good. Bacon bits made it a little salty, but the cheese made up for it. Didn't put enough spaghetti sauce, could hardly taste it over the cheese.

A couple of potatoes sliced super thin, squeezed between paper towels to dry, given a thin coat of olive oil, heavily seasoned, and microwaved on HIGH for 5-6 minutes until crispy makes some darn fine homemade kettle chips.

2 mostly bananas mashed (do not puree) + 2 beaten eggs with a dash each of vanilla/cinnamon/baking powder makes a surprisingly tasty pancake batter. Make sure you use a nonstick griddle with cooking spray, and cook them over med-high heat. Makes a GIANT stack of pancakes for ~350 calories; add a tablespoon of real maple syrup and you're looking at a delicious late-night caper for a mere 400 cals of nothing but healthy ingredients.

That sounds great. Gonna try it.

Break: ramen noodles, Vienna sausages, whatever cheese or cheese in a can, peppers.

You can get them if you put only a small amount of water in a bowl in the microwave with them.

Rice,ranch dressing. Cheese. Bacon bits.

add pudding to the pancakes. And a dash of baking powder.

Also can mix in some confetti cake mix or brownie mix or other, including muffin mix for lots of fun.

Im the king of pancakes

add pudding to the pancakes. And a dash of baking powder.

Also can mix in some confetti cake mix or brownie mix or other, including muffin mix for lots of fun.

Im the king of pancakes

Of all the things that I cook, pancakes are in the running for the food that gives me the most trouble. Not sure why...in comparison to everything else, I suck at them.

Part of the reason I like the ghetto version is that I'm actually very good at those :lol:

If you have a knockout pancake recipe/method, please PM me.

Of all the things that I cook, pancakes are in the running for the food that gives me the most trouble. Not sure why...in comparison to everything else, I suck at them.

Part of the reason I like the ghetto version is that I'm actually very good at those :lol:

If you have a knockout pancake recipe/method, please PM me.

This sounds stupid but go to any Cracker Barrel restaurant and buy a box of their pancake mix...just add water. It's the best pancake (mix) our family ever had (and my kids are pancake experts).

Ghetto rice/beans:

Instant rice

Mix in jarred recaito (green goya stuff), tomato sauce and olives

Kidney beans

tomato sauce, olives, frozen sofrito (goya), sazon packet and a jamon (ham flavor) packet.

If you do it right, it's good enough to make people think you did it the right way.

This sounds stupid but go to any Cracker Barrel restaurant and buy a box of their pancake mix...just add water. It's the best pancake (mix) our family ever had (and my kids are pancake experts).

The mix isn't really the issue--I struggle with cooking them. I've read to keep the griddle on low-med heat, but then they don't brown nicely. If I keep the griddle hotter, they don't seem to cook in the middle.

Ugh.

Ghetto rice/beans:

Instant rice

Mix in jarred recaito (green goya stuff), tomato sauce and olives

Kidney beans

tomato sauce, olives, frozen sofrito (goya), sazon packet and a jamon (ham flavor) packet.

If you do it right, it's good enough to make people think you did it the right way.

Or just heat a can of chili beans and pour it over a bag of microwave rice.

Krusteez Buttermilk Pancake mix is good too. Just add water.

i would buy a cookbook from you if you had one!

The mix isn't really the issue--I struggle with cooking them. I've read to keep the griddle on low-med heat, but then they don't brown nicely. If I keep the griddle hotter, they don't seem to cook in the middle.

Ugh.

smash some bananas

imitation vanilla

vanilla pudding

chopped pecans or walnuts

pancake mix

baking powder

confetti cake mix

chocolate pudding

pancake mix (use cake 50% cake mix 50% pancake mix)

pancake mix like normal

chopped chocolate chips

fudge syrup (real fudge) stirred in once fully blended)

walnuts (if desired)

mint chips

mix pancakes like normal

add little tiny drips of country time lemonade (mixed w water) once fully stirred.

you can add blueberries, too

lemon juice can also kick it up a bit but be careful

use food dye to make them colors

but make them blue but taste like mint

or strawberries added but green

or blueberry pancakes dyed red

chop up candy bars and mix in

butterfingers chips, candy chips etc are fun, too

blueberry cupcake mix 50%

pancake mix 50%

brownie mix 30%

pancake mix 30%

chocolate chip cookie mix 30%

10% at the end to balance it out if you need more brownie, or pancake or cookie mix

also, you can take muffin pans, line the bottom with sugar cookies, oil top and bottom. cook 3 minutes to fully heated oven. then remove and place cookie batter or fun pancake mix inside. great for breakfast with covfefe

BACON

always warm your bacon up to about 75-80 degrees or more before you cook it. just let it sit in a bowl of hot water before you cook it until its very warm

start it low at 300 bring to 500 quick than back down low.

it cooks quick when warmed prior and ends up allowing the fat to fully cook in to the meat.

learned this from a butcher who specializes in pork

ghetto recipes

Kippers

piece of bread toasted by cig lighter and shredded

mixed in to ramen

cheese

rice

mixed on to piece of bread and heated

add hot sauce

ramen

jalepno

hot sauce

can cheese

can of beans

Edited by Boyst62

pancake house in Buffalo has best pancakes

Graham cracker, mini marshmallows and mini chocolate chips melted in the microwave for 20 seconds makes a great indoor s'more.

oh shiz

i made a smores pancake once

crushed graham crackers

pinch of cinnamommonomiumon

mini marshmellows (the kind you use for hot chocolate work best, they come in a little Parmesan containrer like)

and obviously chopped up chocolate chips.

pudding can be added to make them fluffier

I love the food threads. I'd be ecstatic over a thread with every day recipes. Your go to stuff done weekly. This.......is not THAT. :)

Bratwurst. Pita bread. Two cheese. Stadium mustard. Cook on grill. Put Pita to melt cheese. Eat like taco or whatever

Mustard. Chicken. chicken broth. Cook on skillet

Bratwurst. Pita bread. Two cheese. Stadium mustard. Cook on grill. Put Pita to melt cheese. Eat like taco or whatever

Mustard. Chicken. chicken broth. Cook on skillet

My favorite part is "or whatever". :) Do you cook for the ladies, or is that not part of the program?

My favorite part is "or whatever". :) Do you cook for the ladies, or is that not part of the program?

i do

not often or easily. but i do.

i am the master of improvisation. i came up with a greek steak with a little help with a member here who does some sort of cooking or something. a chef maybe, i am not sure? i think he worked at burger king