The Tyrod Taylor Question

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you admit you're being hypocritical again?

I made sound arguments and you deflect them all. Now we are onto the worth of pre season games. Why don't you answer why you excpect TT, who is not a franchise talent, to do well with less talent when franchise talented QBs cannot win with injuries and below average teams. i said win. that is all that matters.

Tyrod should have never been brought back. He was a huge longshot with the last staff and now the new staff is in the same wagon trying the same thing. History repeats itself and this staff is on the same failed course as the last trying to win the exact same way with some other teams backup as the starter.

It's a QB driven league, while good teams try to win with a top talent at QB Buffalo pushes to try to win with a backup.

Maybe someday we will have a staff that understands it all starts and ends with the QB, without one the team is a complete zero.

Trade Tyrod for a box on peanuts and move on otherwise this staff is no different then the Chan era trying to push Fitz as good enough. Some fans had this same argument at the time As we do now with Tyrod, to try and prove Fitz was what the Chan said he is, history and many teams later proved them all wrong. Not Good Enough is what we now all see the same history lesson Tyrod pushers will see in the end.

When you have a player you can a) make him play how you think he should, or b) play to the player's strength and put in a position to succeed. If you are going to insist on making Taylor be Ben Roethlisberger, and get rid of all his familiar receivers, then just cut or trade him now. Let him join a team that will use his strengths. Obviously the Bills are too smart for school.

I made sound arguments and you deflect them all. Now we are onto the worth of pre season games. Why don't you answer why you excpect TT, who is not a franchise talent, to do well with less talent when franchise talented QBs cannot win with injuries and below average teams. i said win. that is all that matters.

You just can't admit you're being hypocritical. You do this a lot. You're allowed to criticize players you don't like but others can't...you can't do wrong. You literally will criticize posters for doing exactly the same things you do.

I don't think we are below average overall. I actually think this team has talent. I think our defense will be top 12 again this year.

As pointed out, the Panthers WR were bad after Kelvin Benjamin went down. Cam wins MVP and has the best offense in the NFL.

I'm not expecting that from Taylor because you're right, he's not franchise level. But we should be able to move the ball in the air at least a little....

He doesn't need to be great or all world but not atrocious. A lot of people though this new offense would fit TT better because it forces him to get the ball out early....his problem before was holding the ball too long and not seeing things developing. Well he has been very inconsistent in camp (with Watkins) and looked as bad as EJ last night.

Yes it's preseason so I don't care about the score. I worry because something as basic as a 3 step drop slant pattern seems to be very difficult to execute.

He is even looking the receivers way. What was the result of the play?

Looking at the play by play on ESPN....he was sacked.

You just can't admit you're being hypocritical. You do this a lot. You're allowed to criticize players you don't like but others can't...you can't do wrong. You literally will criticize posters for doing exactly the same things you do.

I don't think we are below average overall. I actually think this team has talent. I think our defense will be top 12 again this year.

As pointed out, the Panthers WR were bad after Kelvin Benjamin went down. Cam wins MVP and has the best offense in the NFL.

I'm not expecting that from Taylor because you're right, he's not franchise level. But we should be able to move the ball in the air at least a little....

He doesn't need to be great or all world but not atrocious. A lot of people though this new offense would fit TT better because it forces him to get the ball out early....his problem before was holding the ball too long and not seeing things developing. Well he has been very inconsistent in camp (with Watkins) and looked as bad as EJ last night.

Yes it's preseason so I don't care about the score. I worry because something as basic as a 3 step drop slant pattern seems to be very difficult to execute.

Looking at the play by play on ESPN....he was sacked.

And I said to start Peterman, but without Glenn or Matthews. then we will know.

When you have a player you can a) make him play how you think he should, or b) play to the player's strength and put in a position to succeed. If you are going to insist on making Taylor be Ben Roethlisberger, and get rid of all his familiar receivers, then just cut or trade him now. Let him join a team that will use his strengths. Obviously the Bills are too smart for school.

I agree that making him run an offense that you are schematically wedded to rather than trying to design something that suits his strengths after you bring him back seems rather foolish.

I agree that making him run an offense that you are schematically wedded to rather than trying to design something that suits his strengths after you bring him back seems rather foolish.

Ryan did that with the defense. You play to your players strengths, even at QB. They took away his deep threat and don't want him to run as much. then trade him now. No point in keeping him.

Tyrod should have never been brought back. He was a huge longshot with the last staff and now the new staff is in the same wagon trying the same thing. History repeats itself and this staff is on the same failed course as the last trying to win the exact same way with some other teams backup as the starter.

It's a QB driven league, while good teams try to win with a top talent at QB Buffalo pushes to try to win with a backup.

Maybe someday we will have a staff that understands it all starts and ends with the QB, without one the team is a complete zero.

Trade Tyrod for a box on peanuts and move on otherwise this staff is no different then the Chan era trying to push Fitz as good enough. Some fans had this same argument at the time As we do now with Tyrod, to try and prove Fitz was what the Chan said he is, history and many teams later proved them all wrong. Not Good Enough is what we now all see the same history lesson Tyrod pushers will see in the end.

yeah, I think that they should can the lot and start over. don't give them this season or a chance to draft the future in 2018 and see where it takes them? an off season of work and decisions should be enough to get rid of the whole staff and gm and open 2018 with a fresh start.

that makes the most sense to me since they have already failed.

Well, what was Ryan's excuse for going 4-12 in 2013? If injuries and poor defense are an excuse for him, which it should be, a weak roster around TT is not an excuse-a QB that is not on Ryan's level.

Our HOF QB had a strong roster around him. But TT should be a franchise guy with an overall below average roster, when he is not as talented as a real franchise QB.

You are arguing just to argue. TT is one of the worst starting QBs in the league. He's obviously uncomfortable playing in a timing based system. He was "ok" playing in Romans scheme. Now that he's actually being asked to play QB like the rest of the NfL, he is proving that he doesn't belong. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that our OL has been bad without Cordy and that he could use more time and reps in the new system. That being said, if improvement isn't made in the 1st month, it's time to pull the plug on him. Does he give us a better chance to win? Going into the offseason, the answer is yes. After watching him try and execute the WCO and the addition of a QB that looks like a QB, I may have to change my answer. Sure, peterman played against the 2nd team D, but he also played with the 2nd team O, TT should start the season as our QB but there should be a short leash imo. He looks putrid.

Do you agree that he looks bad?

Edited by NewEra

You are arguing just to argue. TT is one of the worst starting QBs in the league. He's obviously uncomfortable playing in a timing based system. He was "ok" playing in Romans scheme. Now that he's actually being asked to play QB like the rest of the NfL, he is proving that he doesn't belong. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that our OL has been bad without Cordy and that he could use more time and reps in the new system. That being said, if improvement isn't made in the 1st month, it's time to pull the plug on him. Does he give us a better chance to win? Going into the offseason, the answer is yes. After watching him try and execute the WCO and the addition of a QB that looks like a QB, I may have to change my answer. Sure, peterman played against the 2nd team D, but he also played with the 2nd team O,

How did Taylor look last week?

I can't argue with this.

Wasn't there a different receiver out there last week?

You are arguing just to argue. TT is one of the worst starting QBs in the league. He's obviously uncomfortable playing in a timing based system. He was "ok" playing in Romans scheme. Now that he's actually being asked to play QB like the rest of the NfL, he is proving that he doesn't belong. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that our OL has been bad without Cordy and that he could use more time and reps in the new system. That being said, if improvement isn't made in the 1st month, it's time to pull the plug on him. Does he give us a better chance to win? Going into the offseason, the answer is yes. After watching him try and execute the WCO and the addition of a QB that looks like a QB, I may have to change my answer. Sure, peterman played against the 2nd team D, but he also played with the 2nd team O, TT should start the season as our QB but there should be a short leash imo. He looks putrid.

Do you agree that he looks bad?

yes he looks bad in this system. If they are not going to play to his strengths, then trade him. This is what went wrong with the defense with Ryan. You play to a players strength.

3cfc15d2314d7edfd8f2a98171a4650465f38110

What breaks-a decent team? having a deep threat is a break?

Thad Brown‏ @thadbrown7 35m35 minutes ago

More

Replying to @thadbrown7

Still think #Bills are better than this. But if Cordy and even Matthews miss lotsa time... you saw it last night.

Jordan Matthews is just another guy.

I can't believe people are seriously using such sorry excuses now. Is there no end to this madness?

wait .... is jm2009 Donald Trump?

The JM2009, crusade / agenda is going strong today

He looked ok on the first drive. Then meh the rest of the way. One week later, he looked like an uncomfortable rookie. Like I said, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that our OL was bad. He hasn't had much time with our WRs, so that plays into it and is another reason why I'd give him the start for the beginning of the season and if he doesn't progress, I'd start the guy we know will be on the team next year. Build with the guys that will be here next year. I highly doubt TT will be on our roster come next season. Do you?

He looked ok on the first drive. Then meh the rest of the way. One week later, he looked like an uncomfortable rookie. Like I said, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that our OL was bad. He hasn't had much time with our WRs, so that plays into it and is another reason why I'd give him the start for the beginning of the season and if he doesn't progress, I'd start the guy we know will be on the team next year. Build with the guys that will be here next year. I highly doubt TT will be on our roster come next season. Do you?

I'm going to cut him some slack because of the non-functioning OL that allowed constant heavy pressure in his face along with having to adjust to a new WR corps.

Whether he's back or not depends on how he plays this season and he could very well be a caretaker/bridge QB for another season contingent upon the readiness of the potential franchise guy they acquire next season.

Jordan Matthews is just another guy.

I can't believe people are seriously using such sorry excuses now. Is there no end to this madness?

He has put up similar numbers to Watkins . "just another guy". Holmes is just another guy. Just when you can almost agree on something with this poster, the agenda comes out again. I guess Glenn being out didn't hurt either.

Fair enough. He may or may not be back.

No excuse to not pull the trigger there by anticipating Zay being available in the open window.

Sorry maybe my post didn't make sense. I was saying ... I can't believe he didn't make that throw when he is looking that direction. Didn't he take a sack that play?

Yes he took a sack.

I was a Tyrod fan last season and one after season who thought he isn't good enough but the best we can do for now. That play is terrible and shows Tytods problem perfectly. I think most NFL QBs get a first down min there.

Personally I think Peterman deserves a look with the ones. I'm not saying Peterman is better yet but I think he earned a look. Tyrod isn't winning games on his back so what does it hurt?

I was a Tyrod fan last season and one after season who thought he isn't good enough but the best we can do for now. That play is terrible and shows Tytods problem perfectly. I think most NFL QBs get a first down min there.

Personally I think Peterman deserves a look with the ones. I'm not saying Peterman is better yet but I think he earned a look. Tyrod isn't winning games on his back so what does it hurt?

I've said play him too, under the same circumstances that TT had last night, which would be the case anyway because Matthews is out and Glenn.

yes he looks bad in this system. If they are not going to play to his strengths, then trade him. This is what went wrong with the defense with Ryan. You play to a players strength.

Agreed. TT can play QB for an offense that almost nobody in the league runs in 2017. We're trying to build a consistent winner. If we change our offense entirely just to fit a sub par QB can win a couple more games in 2017 we're stalling our progress in building said winner. 2017 is likely to end up out of the playoffs. I'd rather develop the players that will be a part of this culture as opposed to the QB that doesn't fit our scheme and can get us to 7 wins. It doesn't make sense to me.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/could-bills-trade-lesean-mccoy/389136

Trade rumors were inevitable.

I can see this happening.

McBean and Denison have probably seen what they need to see. TT can not get the ball out quickly. Last night was another example. Sorry TT apologists .

If you are not going to have an offense to suit the QBs strengths, then trade him. Trade McCoy too. let him finish on a contending team.

Agreed. TT can play QB for an offense that almost nobody in the league runs in 2017. We're trying to build a consistent winner. If we change our offense entirely just to fit a sub par QB can win a couple more games in 2017 we're stalling our progress in building said winner. 2017 is likely to end up out of the playoffs. I'd rather develop the players that will be a part of this culture as opposed to the QB that doesn't fit our scheme and can get us to 7 wins. It doesn't make sense to me.

I say go for broke and trade TT and McCoy. let McCoy finish on a contender. That would assure us of the first round pick, more than likely.

GO BILLS!!!

Nowhere this season, unfortunately. imo

I hope this Management/ coaching combo realize they had not have so much capital to spend and don't waste a year trying to turn a turd into a gemstone.

Edited by Buffalo Boy