Any chick flicks that you admit to enjoying?

Another Fan

The Big Sick isn't a chick flick. Great movie though.

Love, Actually should be on this list.

Oh, it certainly has at least one foot on the line. I won't ruin it for anyone who might see it later, but it has many of the elements. But don't let me scare you, it's worth seeing, IMO.

You're really calling a movie about a hooker a "chick flick?"

Sixteen Candles isn't a chick flick either; it's a John Hughes teen angst classic.

I've decided many of you need to learn the definition of chick flick.

"Pretty Woman" is without question a chick flick. If Julia Roberts is in a movie, then 90% of the time it is a chick flick.

By all means though, tell us the definition of "chick flick".

"Pretty Woman" is without question a chick flick. If Julia Roberts is in a movie, then 90% of the time it is a chick flick.

By all means though, tell us the definition of "chick flick".

It was discussed upthread. Simmer down, Mark! ;)

Is A League of Their Own a chick flick?

I never really thought of this as a chick flick but I suppose it is. It's still in my top 10.

I'm on the fence with A League of Their Own, but leaning toward "no."

Same with Bull Durham. A lot of the movie revolves around two people falling in love, but I consider it more of a baseball movie than a chick flick.

Side note - Kevin Costner is the most over-rated actor of all time. By far.

I'm on the fence with A League of Their Own, but leaning toward "no."

Same with Bull Durham. A lot of the movie revolves around two people falling in love, but I consider it more of a baseball movie than a chick flick.

Side note - Kevin Costner is the most over-rated actor of all time. By far.

Agreed, but he has been in some very entertaining movies.

Absolutely, but it's a good movie. Bull Durham however, was not a chick flick.

I agree 100%. His agent should be in some sort of Hall of Fame.

I never understood the Cosner hate. He's made some excellent movies.

I never understood the Costner hate. He's made some excellent movies.

It's not "hate" -- at least not from me -- but he seems to basically play the same role in every movie. I haven't exactly seen a great deal of range.

It's not "hate" -- at least not from me -- but he seems to basically play the same role in every movie. I haven't exactly seen a great deal of range.

This is my knock on him. He's the same person regardless of character. Same monotone delivery whether he's bringing down Al Capone or playing ball with Shoeless Joe Jackson.

He has landed leading roles in great movies. But that, to me, doesn't make him a great actor.

This is my knock on him. He's the same person regardless of character. Same monotone delivery whether he's bringing down Al Capone or playing ball with Shoeless Joe Jackson.

He has landed leading roles in great movies. But that, to me, doesn't make him a great actor.

Nailed it.

I never saw what the big deal was about Costner. I have many actors that I can name that I saw as overrated, but that's for another thread.

I did think Costner was good in the mini-series "Hatfields & McCoys".

As one who grew up with Animal House, Old School is a very lame film that is a chick flick.

Alright when you put it that way, I get what you are saying.

The second half of "Old School" does lean that way, but I still could not label it as a chick flick.

I never really thought of this as a chick flick but I suppose it is. It's still in my top 10.

"Wow...avoid the clap, Jimmy Dugan."

"That's good advice"

Love that line

I never understood the Cosner hate. He's made some excellent movies.

I feel Tin Cup falls on the same fence as Bull Durham. Essentially a sports movie, but with an underlying romantic theme. FWIW it was the first date I had with my wife.

I feel Tin Cup falls on the same fence as Bull Durham. Essentially a sports movie, but with an underlying romantic theme. FWIW it was the first date I had with my wife.

While I liked both of those movies, I thought the one that exceeded those was "For Love of the Game," and there are few things I find as boring as anything to do with baseball.

I hate that I forgot to bing this up, but steel magnolias. I don't care what anyone says...that movie is wonderful.

Agreed.

"An Officer and a Gentleman" - Chick flick? I think so. And I love this movie. The song at the end, "Lift Us Up (Where We Belong)," gives me chills every time.