Any chick flicks that you admit to enjoying?

Another Fan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mean girls.

i know the lines to most of the movie. there are others

Mean Girls is an awesome movie. Watched it nursing a hangover, drinking mimosas with a couple of girls. Not ashamed at all. :)

And a good guy chick flick is Just Friends with Ryan Reyonlds.

I actually liked The Big Sick last week. I might take my wife next time, act like it's a favor and pretend I've never seen it.

The Big Sick isn't a chick flick. Great movie though.

Love, Actually should be on this list.

Edited by eball

Princess Bride

"The Princess Bride" is a chick flick? Inconceivable!

Good to hear, we are going to see tomorrow

Been a long time, but loved that movie

Great movie, and I would throw in Legally Blonde in same category

Not even close to a "chick flick"...just in the running as the greatest movie ever !!! I also don't think of Mean Girls or Pitch Perfect as Chick Flicks, and think both are great.

Fever Pitch

Crazy Stupid Love

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Cheaper By The Dozen

Parent Trap

Father of the Bride

Which "Cheaper By The Dozen" are you referring to?

The original with Clifton Webb, or the remake, in name only, with Steve Martin?

Pretty Woman

Dirty Dancing

Sixteen Candles

Ghost

Stepmom

Beaches

I cry - hard - anytime I see the last three.

You're really calling a movie about a hooker a "chick flick?"

Sixteen Candles isn't a chick flick either; it's a John Hughes teen angst classic.

I've decided many of you need to learn the definition of chick flick.

Sixteen Candles isn't a chick flick either; it's a John Hughes teen angst classic.

Doesn't he fall in love with the hooker and marry her? Isn't that movie about making all women feel good that no matter their current situation Romeo might swoop down and save them? Haven't seen it in years so maybe I'm wrong.

I watched "How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days" on a plane, expecting only to pass the time on a cross-country flight, and laughed my ass off through a good portion of it. Plus, it was Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughy, both of whom I like.

Jennifer Garner in "13 Going on 30" was as close as you're going to get to an excellent female version of "Big." My wife made me watch the "Thriller" scene, and I ended up making her start it from the beginning. In fairness, I'm also content watching Jennifer Garner credit card commercials.

Not sure if this is a chick flick, but "Always" with Richard Dreyfuss, Holly Hunter and John Goodman is one of my all-time favorite flicks.

You ever hear about a bunch of guys sitting around the TV watching either one of those movies?

Those are, indeed, chick flicks.

https://www.hercampus.com/entertainment/30-best-chick-flicks-all-time

I dispute that Mean Girls is a "chick flick." That's just a solid teen/high school comedy.

My own definition of chick flick: A movie featuring adults where the primary storyline(s) is that of the adults falling in love.

I can go along with that. Ok, I'll change my stance on Pretty Woman I guess.

You ever hear about a bunch of guys sitting around the TV watching either one of those movies?

Those are, indeed, chick flicks.

https://www.hercampus.com/entertainment/30-best-chick-flicks-all-time

I can't remember the last time I got a "bunch of guys" to sit around and watch a movie. We have sports. Your definition is faulty.

By the way, they have When Harry Met Sally on their list. If that's a chick flick, it's the best one of all time.

I can go along with that. Ok, I'll change my stance on Pretty Woman I guess.

I can't remember the last time I got a "bunch of guys" to sit around and watch a movie. We have sports. Your definition is faulty.

By the way, they have When Harry Met Sally on their list. If that's a chick flick, it's the best one of all time.

Well it's because Billy Crystal is awesome and Meg Ryan was hot back then.

You make a very good point!!!!

And I do consider When Harry Met Sally to be a chick flick and agree that it was excellent.

Made of Honor

Love it.

great call on Love, Actually. I am sucker for Hugh Grant movies-- his British wit gets me every time. (I'm a big fan of "About a Boy.").

I love the part when Grant looks up at the pic of the Queen in his office and calls her a "Saucy Minx"

cracks me up every time

CBF