Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

Fantastic news. His leadership alone for a young WR corp is incredibly valuable.

I think he'll generate a lot of production this year too. Great weapon for Red Zone and third downs.

I think he was signed for his abilities on the field.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes me happy. Can't wait to see him in a Bills uniform. All class and should pass along a weather of knowledge to Sammy and Zay while being a very nice depth player. Seems like Holmes has been a dud so far and considering the possible comp pick coming our way if we cut him, I expect him to be cut by the deadline mid season at the very latest.

Holmes has the ST gunner job locked down, so I think he still makes the roster. Your top three are Sammy, Zay and Boldin. I think Holmes and Streater stick, and they carry 5 WRs until Powell comes back from suspension - then they have a decision to make.

I think that is exactly right, CT. We could use some more speed but not having to rely on a rookie second rounder, however much anyone likes Zay, to make plays early in his career really helps Tyrod, Sammy, and Clay, amongst a host of others.

I don't think so but I wouldn't say that he is a lock either. If he gets passed by Streater or someone like that it's possible.

Dumping Holmes may well equal gaining that 3rd rounder comp pick for Gilmore. I could easily see him being dumped if he's moved to 4th on the depth chart and isn't really available to play in the slot.

Things Boldin brings to the team:

-- reliable production

-- tough-nosed attitude (aggressive)

-- can "coach up" other WRs

-- won't be afraid to tell Tyrod to just throw the damn ball

There is really nothing not to like about this addition.