Adolphus Washington arrest -concealed weapon Part II

Why do you need a gun in a waterpark? Is this some new way of dissuading some 12 year old from cutting you in line?

....especially with Goodell and his microscope for stuff like this......Ron White said, "you can't fix stupid"................

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate questioning the intelligence of someone I don't know personally. But he seems like a dumb human being. I would have zero problem if they cut him.

And this is what our country has come to? People arguing that it's ok to carry weapons at water parks?

Why do you need a gun in a waterpark? Is this some new way of dissuading some 12 year old from cutting you in line?

For the Constitutionally protected use of guns by gnomes, pool boys, playful bikini clad waterpark spies, and of course big NFL players in fear for their lives at said waterpark.

I hate questioning the intelligence of someone I don't know personally. But he seems like a dumb human being. I would have zero problem if they cut him.

And this is what our country has come to? People arguing that it's ok to carry weapons at water parks?

I was thinking the exact same thing reading this thread. And before people chime in, I know that it was in the parking lot outside the water park as they were closing... like that makes a huge difference.

Regarding Washington though, why would you take out your gun when the police arrive to clear the parking lot? There HAS to have been something going on there that was threatening in some way. Otherwise taking out your gun just when the police get there is the definition of asking for trouble...

Edited by vincec

Maybe someone from Ohio can clear this up, but I'm pretty sure the issue is that a conceal carry does not apply to a handgun that is visible while inside a vehicle. So they're basically getting him with a technicality that won't result in any legal ramifications besides a fine. So, in that case, I don't think it would result in a suspension either.

Also, and I may be wrong again, but didn't Ohio just pass a law that closed this loophole? i.e. handguns in vehicles will now fall under the legal domain of conceal carry? Maybe it hadn't taken effect when he got nailed, but I thought this was a recent legislation.

Anyway, brandishing your handgun in a parking lot in front of cops is seriously stupid, but not necessarily illegal. When it comes to NFL players during the off-season, sometimes that's the best you can hope for.

Maybe someone from Ohio can clear this up, but I'm pretty sure the issue is that a conceal carry does not apply to a handgun that is visible while inside a vehicle. So they're basically getting him with a technicality that won't result in any legal ramifications besides a fine. So, in that case, I don't think it would result in a suspension either.

Also, and I may be wrong again, but didn't Ohio just pass a law that closed this loophole? i.e. handguns in vehicles will now fall under the legal domain of conceal carry? Maybe it hadn't taken effect when he got nailed, but I thought this was a recent legislation.

Anyway, brandishing your handgun in a parking lot in front of cops is seriously stupid, but not necessarily illegal. When it comes to NFL players during the off-season, sometimes that's the best you can hope for.

There's no such thing as inside a motorcycle. Even if it's one with 3 wheels.

A CCW permit means keep it concealed unless you pull it to defend life and liberty. So what he did was stupid. But cutting him is just too knee jerk. He continues to do stupid things, then cut him, but not for this. There's lots of good citizens in that locker room that can help him mature. I just wish our guys would stay out of trouble and not get suspended every damn year.

He was supposed to either keep it concealed, or tell the police that he had it before they saw it. He apparently did neither. Tons of people with a CC permit carry guns in their cars everywhere. So that's not out of the ordinary. He took it out and they saw it, that's the issue. I don't know why he took it out but I assume it had something to do with why there were cops trying to clear out the parking lot of Splash Cincy at 10 pm. Edited by YoloinOhio

He was supposed to either keep it concealed, or tell the police that he had it before they saw it. He apparently did neither. Tons of people with a CC permit carry guns in their cars everywhere. So that's not out of the ordinary. He took it out and they saw it, that's the issue. I don't know why he took it out but I assume it had something to do with why there were cops trying to clear out the parking lot of Splash Cincy at 10 pm.

The only logical explanation I can think of is that he removed it from his motorcycle to carry it on his person whilst perusing the water park. Upon returning to the bike, he removed the gun to put it back into whatever compartment trikes might have and he was caught.

Everything I read says that Washington "reached for and displayed the firearm in front of officers". I simply feel like none of us know the entire story. Imo there is probably more to the story. None of it likely flattering for Washington. Responsible firearm ownership is great. Unfortunately I think too many pro athletes are the opposite of that. Many of these guys own firearms for all the wrong reasons.

Everything I read says that Washington "reached for and displayed the firearm in front of officers". I simply feel like none of us know the entire story. Imo there is probably more to the story. None of it likely flattering for Washington. Responsible firearm ownership is great. Unfortunately I think too many pro athletes are the opposite of that. Many of these guys own firearms for all the wrong reasons.

Careful not to assume the worst. It appears, based on everything that has been reported, that AW's actions weren't all that egregious. Let's wait and see before we condemn the man.