Is it wrong to hate your ex-wife?

Has your wife told you to go back to work yet? :lol:

Thanks for the daily reminder I married the right one. 35 years together and by far my best friend.

I'm at 32 years, and had no idea how lucky I was way back then. Now I know, and I thank my lucky stars! You just need to hope you find the right one, then you are good enough to keep it going, even when it gets tough.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it with grain of salt Levi, it stops and starts with you and your significant other.

It takes "two to tango."

Going on 25 years married and some here have been going strong even longer.

Approaching 30 years here, and I've got no complaints. Just gotta find the right person and be willing to work a little. The better the match, the less effort required.

Thanks for the daily reminder I married the right one. 35 years together and by far my best friend.

I'm at 32 years, and had no idea how lucky I was way back then. Now I know, and I thank my lucky stars! You just need to hope you find the right one, then you are good enough to keep it going, even when it gets tough.

+1

+1

+1

To the three fellas above. 2019 will be 25 years here!

I found the right one. 39 years of marriage and happy as ever. My best friend.

Approaching 30 years here, and I've got no complaints. Just gotta find the right person and be willing to work a little. The better the match, the less effort required.

Happy for you guys, but that **** just doesn't happen anymore. It's all changed. Hope y'all double those numbers.

Happy for you guys, but that **** just doesn't happen anymore. It's all changed. Hope y'all double those numbers.

I think that's a bunch of bull **** and a cop out. Couples have been sticking together for hundreds of years but things have all of a sudden changed in the last 30 years?

Why waste the energy required for the hating on someone who trashed the marriage? I was lucky to find someone who was stupid enough to marry me almost 35 years ago. I swear she thinks she got the better end of the bargain.

Why waste the energy required for the hating on someone who trashed the marriage? I was lucky to find someone who was stupid enough to marry me almost 35 years ago. I swear she thinks she got the better end of the bargain.

I think you got the one who trashed the marriage wrong. I have a feeling the ones doing the hating are the ones who !@#$ed up. JSP's wife cheated on him for a reason I suspect.

I'm married to the game, yo.

Can't knock the hustle...

My wife and I recently celebrated our 8th anniversary. She's cool and all, but I don't know about all this "the one" talk. You find one that is the least crazy that will let you bone her every once in a while. That's the secret to a happy marriage.

I think you got the one who trashed the marriage wrong. I have a feeling the ones doing the hating are the ones who !@#$ed up. JSP's wife cheated on him for a reason I suspect.

Ouch...

I think that's a bunch of bull **** and a cop out. Couples have been sticking together for hundreds of years but things have all of a sudden changed in the last 30 years?

Yeah, it has, and I get the same reaction from most boomers so I don't expect you to buy it either. It's all good though.

wow.

thanks a lot man.

!@#$.

Edited by joesixpack

Yeah, it has, and I get the same reaction from most boomers so I don't expect you to buy it either. It's all good though.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Celebrating my 20th next month. Can't imagine being without her, enjoy her company more now than ever, and yet I still look at every hot piece of a$$ that walks by like a dog eyeing a raw steak. Somehow we make it all work -- and that's the key word, work. If you just think it's easy and don't put in the effort, well, you reap what you sow.

Even if half of the marriages out there don't make it to 30 years, that still leaves a **** load of marriages that do. But since you never see a young person who is married for 30 years, people will say it never happens. Nevermind the fact that it's mathematically impossible for a young person to be married that long.

Even if half of the marriages out there don't make it to 30 years, that still leaves a **** load of marriages that do. But since you never see a young person who is married for 30 years, people will say it never happens. Nevermind the fact that it's mathematically impossible for a young person to be married that long.

Wait, did you just call me old???

:)

I have no freaking opinion on this subject but seems to me it falls like this

1) Older guy in a good marriage...just takes work, youngins give up to easy

2) Older guy bad/broken marriage...sometimes chit just don't work out/women can get batchit crazy

3) Younger guy...WTF would you ever get married?

Prolly been like that for millenniums...

I'll have served 30 years this September!! And honestly, it was little to no "work" at all, we are best friends, but still have some separate interests, but overall it's a complimentary relationship. Believe me, there's been a lot of "challenges", but we support each other.