Is it wrong to hate your ex-wife?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have served 30 years this September!! And honestly, it was little to no "work" at all, we are best friends, but still have some separate interests, but overall it's a complimentary relationship. Believe me, there's been a lot of "challenges", but we support each other.

Being a complementary relationship is the key phrase, here, in my opinion.

It takes both parties to genuinely want to keep it together in order for it to last.

Bunch of married people that hate each other. It seems like most of the couples the Mrs. And I hang out with actually really dislike each other. Seems like they stay married either for financial reasons or for the sake of the children. I gets really obvious and uncomfortable for everyone at times. Also an anecdotal observation here, but I recall a lot of my friends' parents splitting within 2-3 years of hem graduating high school.

Yeah, it has, and I get the same reaction from most boomers so I don't expect you to buy it either. It's all good though.

And of course you've done a wonderful job explaining how things have all of a sudden changed. :rolleyes:

Hard for me to buy something you're not selling.

wow.

thanks a lot man.

!@#$.

I'm just going on your online personality. You're probably ugly and suck in bed too. :D

Cool to see that marriage rates are stabilizing.

Still not getting married.

You've never been married?

Wow. Gloves are off!! Dang chef...who pissed in your Wheaties this morning?

No one pissed in my Wheaties. I've gotten to "know" JSP based on his posts (mostly on PPP). Just the fact he started this thread says a lot about him.

BTW two things you never come to this place for:

1. Advice :bag:

2. Sympathy

Edited by Chef Jim

Can't knock the hustle...

My wife and I recently celebrated our 8th anniversary. She's cool and all, but I don't know about all this "the one" talk. You find one that is the least crazy that will let you bone her every once in a while. That's the secret to a happy marriage.

i think johnny nailed it with this one. it's never going to be a perfect match. i've dated a lot of great women that i could have married, but either because i was too young, too immature, or too into school...it just didn't work out. it's a fine combination of being where you want to be in your life, finding common ground, and liking the other family. we're on 5 years, and i know it's still rookie status, but you really do figure out how to interact with each other.

i was married at 34, so i think that helped me a lot. all of the nonsense was out of my system, and i knew i was at a good mental point to deal with a life long relationship.

No one pissed in my Wheaties. I've gotten to "know" JSP based on his posts (mostly on PPP). Just the fact he started this thread says a lot about him.

BTW two things you never come to this place for:

1. Advice :bag:

2. Sympathy

You've also met me in person, twatwaffle.

:rolleyes:

I have no freaking opinion on this subject but seems to me it falls like this

1) Older guy in a good marriage...just takes work, youngins give up to easy

2) Older guy bad/broken marriage...sometimes chit just don't work out/women can get batchit crazy

3) Younger guy...WTF would you ever get married?

Prolly been like that for millenniums...

very good observation.

i have days where i wish i was single and could do whatever i wanted, but on the other side of the coin, when i was single and getting older, i found myself getting very tired of the dating nonsense. there's no right or wrong answer.

very good observation.

i have days where i wish i was single and could do whatever i wanted, but on the other side of the coin, when i was single and getting older, i found myself getting very tired of the dating nonsense. there's no right or wrong answer.

It's called getting old and becoming complacent. That's what happens when you hit your mid-late 30's and are still married.

I got married when I was 29 and still had hot young women offering up the booty. When I first got married girls came out of the woodwork. Something about that ring. Never strayed though. My wife was a smokin hot piece of @$$. Still is pretty hot at 36 after 2 kids. She's a great mom, a decent cook, and she rarely gives me Schmitt about anything. That's why I'm still married. Some of my friends' wives are freakin twatwaffles. No way man. I'd be out of there. Living at an apartment complex with JSP and Kirk Van Houten.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

This is even better than ham wallet.

i don't know. ham wallet is pretty amazing.

It's called getting old and becoming complacent. That's what happens when you hit your mid-late 30's and are still married.

I got married when I was 29 and still had hot young women offering up the booty. When I first got married girls came out of the woodwork. Something about that ring. Never strayed though. My wife was a smokin hot piece of @$$. Still is pretty hot at 36 after 2 kids. She's a great mom, a decent cook, and she rarely gives me Schmitt about anything. That's why I'm still married. Some of my friends' wives are freakin twatwaffles. No way man. I'd be out of there. Living at an apartment complex with JTSP and Kirk Van Houten.

oh yeah...the level of nagging is what will break a marrige. my wife goes through periods of it, and it really is the one thing i'll get dicky about. i think she knows in the back of her head she knows that if i've had too much, i'm apartment living. we also try to do a date night on saturdays where it's just the two of us. i think that helps a ton.

You've never been married?

Nope, and it's staying that way. But I have some friends who are married/have kids now and it's going fine for them so I don't knock it too much.

I got married when I was 29 and still had hot young women offering up the booty. When I first got married girls came out of the woodwork. Something about that ring. Never strayed though. My wife was a smokin hot piece of @$$. Still is pretty hot at 36 after 2 kids. She's a great mom, a decent cook, and she rarely gives me Schmitt about anything. That's why I'm still married. Some of my friends' wives are freakin twatwaffles. No way man. I'd be out of there. Living at an apartment complex with JSP and Kirk Van Houten.

What're you doing tonight? I got a fridge full of cheap cold ones, a Nintendo, a race car bed, and some hot dogs thawing in the sink.