Is it wrong to hate your ex-wife?

So, you are saying she had and has a much better lawyer than yours?

How many years married?

15 years, been divorced a couple now

Do you still do her every now and then?

Two words:

!@#$ no

Man, what the hell did you DO to her?

Tried to treat her best I could was repaid with infidelity

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

talking to me? No chance, never was a chance or a desire. She is since remarried and I am "enjoying" my single life a bit too much.

To John from Hemet, you couldn't be more spot on...tough times absolutely go away, eventually. One day you will look back and be amazed that you were able to come through the other side. For the time being, be mad, be sad, be reflective. Use the time to get your life/**** in order. Learn to live single, don't go running into a new relationship too soon.

My daughter is trying to get me to date......but I just cant do it......it isnt that I want to get back to my ex my financial sitatuion is hanging on by a thread while I am giving everthing i have to put a roof over my grandkids heads......I am putting all the energy I have into them

Don't rush into dating....be comfortable being alone first.

My daughter is trying to get me to date......but I just cant do it......it isnt that I want to get back to my ex my financial sitatuion is hanging on by a thread while I am giving everthing i have to put a roof over my grandkids heads......I am putting all the energy I have into them

Hate? No. Annoyed? Yes.

Recently there was a thread here about a genealogy website that gave a lot of info when you put in a persons name. This becomes important later in the story. I'm getting married again, and need to get an official annulment from the church, so I can be remarried in the church. In order to do that, I need the exes current mailing address. Don't know why, I'm guessing so they can send her a copy of it once it's done. So I email her at the last email address I have to get her current address. She gives me her parents address here in NY, but I know she's in Florida now. So using that web site I look up her current address. At the same time I also see both her parents have died since we were divorced. Here comes my annoyance. One, there's no one living at her parents house to get the mail that may be sent to her. Two, she never told me her parents have died. I'm the type that would have at least gotten in contact an let someone know. And yes, I did end up giving the church what was listed as her current address. I really do hope they sent something to her.

Yeah, as an update i've just decided silence on my end is likely the best policy. Don't feed her ego with any kind of response to provocation. Thanks all for the tips.

:thumbsup: you can be satisfied that doing that will probably piss her off. :lol:

Yeah, as an update i've just decided silence on my end is likely the best policy. Don't feed her ego with any kind of response to provocation. Thanks all for the tips.

Good job. But do something secretly vindictive like hide a bag of raw shrimp in the cabin air filter of her car or something.

my ex and i have been friends even while going through our divorce, we simply grew apart and realized our kids and the 2 of us would be much happier apart. There was never any reason to have ill will towards each other. It's worked out well for everyone, especially our 'kids'

This is where I'm at, exactly.

Left home on the 4th. We're both actually doing well and it appears the kids are also.

keep the focus on the kids and yourself. It really sucks at first, but you'll be amazed when you look back a year from now at how far you have come.

Our divorce was so simple, Virginia requires you to live in separate residences for a year before filing. Once that year was up, she called me and asked if I wanted anything(material)from her, i said no. I asked her the same, she said no. She had a co-worker that was a notary, we printed off the papers signed them, had them notarized, 30 days later we get a congratulatory letter from the commonwealth. Pretty sure that even during that year, we began co-habitating for financial reasons, but that was none of the commonwealths business and we lived our separate lives. Kids were always the focus for us. I am grateful we were adult enough to realize that and follow through with that plan.

Best of luck to you. Always keep in mind you are not alone in this next step. More people than you realize are going through it or have gone through it. Use their experiences to help you go forward.

This is where I'm at, exactly.

Left home on the 4th. We're both actually doing well and it appears the kids are also.

Our divorce was so simple, Virginia requires you to live in separate residences for a year before filing. Once that year was up, she called me and asked if I wanted anything(material)from her, i said no. I asked her the same, she said no. She had a co-worker that was a notary, we printed off the papers signed them, had them notarized, 30 days later we get a congratulatory letter from the commonwealth.

Wow. In Vermont the couple actually has to reside together for 6 months AFTER filing for divorce! I guess the rational is that they want you to give it one last chance or something. I have a coworker friend who is going through this process, and it has been ugly. They clearly are not a healthy couple, and should not be living together. I feel bad mostly for their 3 kids.

Hate? No. Annoyed? Yes.

Recently there was a thread here about a genealogy website that gave a lot of info when you put in a persons name. This becomes important later in the story. I'm getting married again, and need to get an official annulment from the church, so I can be remarried in the church. In order to do that, I need the exes current mailing address. Don't know why, I'm guessing so they can send her a copy of it once it's done. So I email her at the last email address I have to get her current address. She gives me her parents address here in NY, but I know she's in Florida now. So using that web site I look up her current address. At the same time I also see both her parents have died since we were divorced. Here comes my annoyance. One, there's no one living at her parents house to get the mail that may be sent to her. Two, she never told me her parents have died. I'm the type that would have at least gotten in contact an let someone know. And yes, I did end up giving the church what was listed as her current address. I really do hope they sent something to her.

Honestly, sounds like a waste of time.

My friend was in a similar situation. He tried for a few years to get his first marriage annulled after discovering that his wife had misled him about her fertility issues. He jumped through all the hoops, filed a mountain of paperwork, went up the chain as far as he could. I'm pretty sure he even reached out to the mad hatter, Pope Benedict XVI himself!! All to no avail. His church wouldn't budge on the matter since Catholics aren't too keen on the whole idea of annulment. After a rather contentious process he finally said f@#$ it, left the Catholic church and started his own religion. As head of the newly formed Church of Englund (Englund is his last name), he granted himself an annulment and got remarried a month later. Easy peasy.

I'd like to say that it all worked out for him and his family, but that's another story. The point is, annulments are for kitties.

I'd like to say that it all worked out for him and his family, but that's another story. The point is, annulments are for kitties.

Mine was easy, but that may have been for several factors, it was not done in a church, or by a priest, and no kids involved. A one page form was sent in, and a few weeks later I received the confirmation that it was annulled.