Insurance for our running game.

gjv001

I'm hoping, but not confident, that a healthy Jonathan Williams can provide excellent depth at RB this season. With that being said, would it not be prudent for the Bills to be actively pursuing a trade for a quality backup RB. Many teams are loaded if not overloaded at RB. Some of those teams have RB's like Chris Ivory, Alfred Morris, C J Prosise, Jermy Hill, and C J Spiller in a long queue.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would rather wait for someone to get cut than trade away an asset for a HB. If we were going to allocate more resources to the position, then we should have kept Gillislee. (We should have tendered him at the higher amount anyways...).

I do not share the optimism for Williams, although I do hope he ends up the player that his Arkansas output projected him to be. Regardless, I think Tolbert ends up solidly the HB2 to McCoy. Could be a great thunder to his lightning. I'm aware he hasn't had much production in his last few years in Carolina, but he was used almost exclusively as a FB. When called upon, he has shown he can be an effective runner - 4 seasons of 4.0 or higher YPC and has scored 7, 8, and 11 rushing TDs in single seasons. Do I think he's ideal? No, but I think he'll be enough considering the yards our halfbacks get before contact.

Would rather wait for someone to get cut than trade away an asset for a HB. If we were going to allocate more resources to the position, then we should have kept Gillislee. (We should have tendered him at the higher amount anyways...).

I do not share the optimism for Williams, although I do hope he ends up the player that his Arkansas output projected him to be. Regardless, I think Tolbert ends up solidly the HB2 to McCoy. Could be a great thunder to his lightning. I'm aware he hasn't had much production in his last few years in Carolina, but he was used almost exclusively as a FB. When called upon, he has shown he can be an effective runner - 4 seasons of 4.0 or higher YPC and has scored 7, 8, and 11 rushing TDs in single seasons. Do I think he's ideal? No, but I think he'll be enough considering the yards our halfbacks get before contact.

I agree, why in the world did they not tender him at the higher amount. Same mistake with Hogan last season.

I'm hoping, but not confident, that a healthy Jonathan Williams can provide excellent depth at RB this season. With that being said, would it not be prudent for the Bills to be actively pursuing a trade for a quality backup RB. Many teams are loaded if not overloaded at RB. Some of those teams have RB's like Chris Ivory, Alfred Morris, C J Prosise, Jermy Hill, and C J Spiller in a long queue.

No...it would not be prudent...no more giving up future picks for non-QBs please- especially a back-up RB. :doh:

I'll say it. Ray Rice. Bring him to camp and just see. If he's out of shape, no big deal.

But yes, we need another HB and there are plenty of guys out there whom we can kick the tires on

I agree, why in the world did they not tender him at the higher amount. Same mistake with Hogan last season.

2.6 million would have made him the 13th highest cap hit on the team, for our backup running back. It makes contract negotiations much more difficult as the agent starts at 2.6 per year if not more. So u end up with him for a high cap hit for 1 year then he walks to start somewhere else. You might get a comp pick in 2019.

It's also a ton to pay a backup running back when u have the 2nd highest paid back in the NFL.

Unfortunately you have to go young and cheap when u carry a contract like mccoys.

2.6 million would have made him the 13th highest cap hit on the team, for our backup running back. It makes contract negotiations much more difficult as the agent starts at 2.6 per year if not more. So u end up with him for a high cap hit for 1 year then he walks to start somewhere else. You might get a comp pick in 2019.

It's also a ton to pay a backup running back when u have the 2nd highest paid back in the NFL.

Unfortunately you have to go young and cheap when u carry a contract like mccoys.

Invest in the O Line and it doesn't matter who you throw back there. It's been proven over and over again.

Reggie Bush is available

and like seriously, he is looking for a team.

Jets perhaps might make proper use Hmmm?

I'll say it. Ray Rice. Bring him to camp and just see. If he's out of shape, no big deal.

But yes, we need another HB and there are plenty of guys out there whom we can kick the tires on

I would thoroughly enjoy this.

I mean it.

But Rex would still have to be Coach.

My vote is for Mike T and KW to spell. He and Dimarco are just going to pound LBrs and box safeties till they cry