Worst cut in Bills history

This is a short list, whatever the answer.

A longer list would be "who outstayed their welcome in a Bills uniform and should've been cut long before they were."

I was thinking the same thing, but I think Chris Kelsay would be the easy answer to that one. Honorable mention to Josh Reed & Roscoe Parrish.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought we were talking cuts only. Not re-signing a FA is whole different question imo

lynch wasn't cut

...he quit on this club......and Polian was fired thanks to Littmann.............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Cookie Gilchrist, without a doubt. Likely cost the Bills the championship that KC won, putting them in the 1st Super Bowl. And as the 60s Saban Era Bills were the most "NFL-style" AFL team, winning that 1st SB would not have been out of the question. Now wouldn't that have been something?

Fat Pat and Mount Washington have to be in there along with Ron McDole. Was Reuben Brown a cut/release or a trade or his choice in FA? Because that too hurt the team big time.

I still say the biggest mistake that we have made this decade it drafting Spiller and shipping off Marshawn. DUMB - DUMB - DUMB - DUMB!!!!!!! Said it then and still can't get over it. Glad those idiots are GONE!

Go Bills! ! ! ! !

OK so I stand corrected - the hiring of Rex Ryan takes the cake for the biggest mistake.

Always thought we should have kept Kamar Aiken. We cut him, and he later had a 75 catch 5 TD season for the Ravens in 2015. He won't be in the Hall of Fame, but he would have been serviceable at a time when we were (are?) very thin at WR.

that is a good one

Neither of those players were cut. One hit free agency after his contract expired and the other was traded.

following the premise of the thread, you're right, but I still think we shouldn't have let those guys go.

London Fletcher, Pat Williams...by far those 2.

Next in line: Drew Bledsoe. Yes, he was near the end of his career, but JP wasn't ready, he missed his whole rookie year with a broken leg and was already raw coming out of college. After investing a first round pick in him on a trade up, they should have had Drew come back and let JP really learn a year once his leg was healed to give him a chance to develop. Not saying he ever would have, just saying at the time it was a dumb cut of a quality Veteran QB when you had a raw QB who missed his whole rookie year. After seeing JP over his career, I seriously doubt it would have changed much for him, but I am basing this on the decision to cut Bledsoe at the time it happened when they did not yet know JP's future.

Dusty is a tough one because he got hurt and Carpenter had a great season. Wasn't until 2015 that Carp started to lose it.

Maybe but between age and Carp's on again off again career, I thought staying with Hopkins made more sense. He could have been here 15 years.