Worst cut in Bills history

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smerlas was a Plan B free agent, not the same as cut. If we are allowing Plan B to count Ronnie Harmon needs to go on the list based on his productivity after he left - not that anyone missed him at all. Also can't forget the circumstances around the team after 1989. There was a lot of house cleaning to get malcontents out of the locker room. That year alone saw Chris Burkett released during the season after he held out during camp, Smerlas and Harmon put on Plan B after the season. Smerlas was a pain in the ass his entire career.

Also, McDole wasn't cut he was traded, that doesn't count.

How about Ahmad Rashad? I'm not sure about the technicalities behind his leaving Buffalo other than he got hurt in 1975 and ended up in camp with the expansion Seahawks in 1976 who traded him to Minnesota where he made 4 Pro Bowls.

Gibran Hamdan

I still miss the pregame odes to Kamil Loud

Cookie and Lamonica were both traded.

The worst cuts were Rusty Jones (strength and conditioning coach, let go by Mularkey in the worst thing he did to this team) and Bill Polian.

Rusty Jones was not let go. He was promoted upwards and later decided he did not want to be in that role and requested to leave and it was granted.

I think it was a mistake (promotion upwards) and said so at time.

Bears health immediately improved and Ruben Brown was the one who told Bears to get him.

Brandon Kaufman. -Hands down... I STILL haven't gotten over that one... *sniff *sniff... Perhaps I never will... :cry:

Karlos Williams was a close second... Ugh! -Devastating.

Edited by #34fan