DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

29 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:
.. Hearing going on now...

Wray keeps not giving the Dems on the committee what they want. ie; ratifying the Russia Trump Collusion, mischaracterizing the Horowitz Report, amongst other items.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Before the break, Wray:

"Where there are people who need to held accountable, we have a disciplinary process for that, for the current employees. The vast majority of the people involved, in the conduct that you are describing, are no longer with the FBI, so they are not subject to our disciplinary process in the first place, but there is, of course, as you know, the ongoing John Durham investigation, which we have been cooperating with fully as the AG himself has said. So, I look forward to hopefully having another hearing with you at some point, where we can have a very different kind of exchange about the FBI."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Hearing going on now...

These hearings can be so frustrating to listen to. Collins inquires about a “Woods Review” having been completed in the Paige surveillance case, Wray contemplates, considers, and ultimately dances around the answer without ever providing a yes or no. 

The premise of the hearing starts off with attempting to restore faith in a rogue (at worst) or functionally disorganized (at best) agency with virtually unlimited power, and the Director of the FBI cannot answer a simple question on a procedure mandated by  FBI procedure designed to ensure accountability and review?  Would the answer in either case compromise our national security? 

We end up with this sort of debacle because it’s baked into the system, and for all of Wray’s bloviating about his 40 new guidelines, it will continue to happen.  The only question is the target, and politically-speaking, whether the dems or Rs are crying foul.  The one hope we have as citizens is if some top level players are targeted for justice, stripped of their political protection and brought to trial.  Let them have their say, avail themselves of the finest defense team they can afford (or be provided by the wealthy who value this sort of thing), do their 24 months in federal prison or not, but at least get some facts on the table outside of this political theater.

Btw, have to keep moving so haven’t watched the whole thing, if Wray clarified with a yes or no answer 5 minutes later, do a brother a favor and let me know so I can put these torches back in the barn.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I’m long past the point of being weary of the pace of justice. Haven’t lost faith that it will one day come. But one would think there would be some visible movement in that direction by now. 

agreed for the most part. however, i think the smart money was letting all the current Dem shenanigans play out before turning the tables. hopefully now, we will begin to see some tangible actions.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Imagine how dented that can must be given how long Beardy McGee and rest of the phony grifters have been kicking it down the road.

We have to hope that Wray is just staying in his lane (working to make things better going forward and not commenting on the investigations) and that Durham is pursuing actual prosecution of those involved in the coup/resistance.

I'm beginning to share your doubt that any real action will be taken, but Barr seems like a serious guy and has made enough public statements on the matter to be hopeful. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

The type of interview really aggravates me.   Why on earth would any person sit for an interview with someone proven to be his sworn enemy unless required to do so?   A reasonable question for Wallace to ask would be—-given the problems now well-documented with you investigation, the treatment given to Michael Flynn by the FBI, the leaks, the problems noted in the AG report...would you recommend DJT sit down with his enemies and reassure him  he would get fair treatment? 

She’s become one dour hag since Trump won.  Couldn’t get McCain over the line and it seems it broke her spirit. 

• Like (+1) 3

23 hours ago, B-Man said:

Pretty sure a prosecutor isn't allowed to argue that a defendant's assertion of their rights is proof of guilt. That would not go over well in a courtroom. At all. 

Weissmann really is the worst of the worst. 

• Like (+1) 7

John Solomon - Black Leger was made up.

Key witness told Team Mueller that Russia collusion evidence found in Ukraine was fabricated.

One of Robert Mueller’s pivotal trial witnesses told the special prosecutor’s team in spring 2018 that a key piece of Russia collusion evidence found in Ukraine known as the “black ledger” was fabricated, according to interviews and testimony.

The ledger document, which suddenly appeared in Kiev during the 2016 U.S. election, showed alleged cash payments from Russian-backed politicians in Ukraine to ex-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

“The ledger was completely made up,” cooperating witness and Manafort business partner Rick Gates told prosecutors and FBI agents, according to a written summary of an April 2018 special counsel’s interview.

In a brief interview with Just the News, Gates confirmed the information in the summary. “The black ledger was a fabrication,” Gates said. “It was never real, and this fact has since been proven true.”

Gates’ account is backed by several Ukrainian officials who stated in interviews dating to 2018 that the ledger was of suspicious origins and could not be corroborated.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Well, why is Graham going to call FISA abuse witnesses if Barr/Durham are investigating?  Smells bad.  Smells as if Barr and Durham not pursuing prosecutions.  Other than to get more of this info out in public, I would think the Senate would sit tight. 

Edited by keepthefaith

39 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Well, why is Graham going to call FISA abuse witnesses if Barr/Durham are investigating?  Smells bad.  Smells as if Barr and Durham not pursuing prosecutions.  Other than to get more of this info out in public, I would think the Senate would sit tight. 

Could be, which would be a disaster.  

I interpreted it differently. He leads off saying how half of them are going to jail (top half), but then talks about petitioning the DOJ for witnesses -- which, if they're going to jail/under active investigation he knows he won't get. There are two ways to slice this in my eyes based on his history: either 1) he's going to petition for names he knows he won't get to look like he's doing something while actually planning on doing nothing in the Senate, or 2) he's planning on being the legislative/policy cleanup crew with whatever is left of the FISA court and the 702 program. The FISC itself and its 702 program is up for renewal come mid March. They have to hold hearings before then if they're serious about implementing any sort of serious reforms to the court (or kick the can down the road again, which I wouldn't put past them if they're confident come March in retaining the Senate and retaking the House). 

Barr said before the holiday that Durham would likely be done in the spring (March/April) -- you could see Durham hit first (first to get indicted will likely be Comey/McCabe/Baker -- I've heard Clapper too but I think he comes later if ever), then Graham calling the lower level people who are not under indictment in order to set the table for the Congress to debate the FISC issues. 

But we'll see soon enough. (On the 12th, of course ;) ) 

To the above: 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Half the people behind the Russia investigation are going to go to jail..

When?
Well, just hang tight

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

truly pathetic interview.

i don't think the MSM is ever going to get it. this interview is lesson 101 in why the public will never trust them. there used to be a day and time when an interviewer would explore where the interview was going. that no longer happens, instead we get what we have here, repeated attemps to steer it in a certain direction all while trying to elicit certain, desired responses.

***** these monkeys.

• Thank you (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

hmmm

Man, the comments are hilarious. No one knows what the recommendation is being changed to (I'm guessing still prison, just a far lower number), but everyone on the unhinged left is convincing themselves that this is some corrupt conspiracy by Bill Barr, who is officially an actual literal super mecha-Nazi, and that the DOJ is now part of the Trump campaign. Oh, and Trump is just going to pardon him anyhow, as part of this corrupt re-recommendation... somehow.

• Like (+1) 1