DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

36 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Ah the NYT ... spinning, spinning, always spinning...

They do not state in this article that the reason Durham released a statement because the media was trying to create a false narrative on what the Horowitz report found. Just because the OIG found "no bias" (because no one confessed to him or wrote down "I have bias") and stated that an inquiry has a very low bar to be opened,  that does not mean things were a-ok. Shesh Quite the opposite when everyone named in the Horowitz report was handed over to Durham.

The whole article smacked Durham around for daring to cut off the DNC and "msm" (BIRM) narrative in its tracks. In the final third of the article (of course, after the lede and introductory paragraphs ) lists his background, his straight-shooter status, his legal wins, etc.

Durham Surprises Even Allies With Statement on F.B.I.’s Trump Case

The federal prosecutor leading a review of the origins of the Russia inquiry has a reputation for keeping his mouth shut. At a sensitive moment, he didn’t.

Mr. Horowitz had found that the F.B.I. acted appropriately in opening the inquiry in 2016 into whether the Trump campaign wittingly or unwittingly helped Russia influence the election in Donald J. Trump’s favor. In response, Mr. Durham, whose report is not expected to be complete for months, released a caveat-laden rebuttal: “Based on the evidence collected to date, and while our investigation is ongoing, last month we advised the inspector general that we do not agree with some of the report’s conclusions as to predication and how the F.B.I. case was opened.”

</snip>

The inspector general’s report makes no substantive reference to Mr. Durham’s investigation. But before the report’s release, Mr. Durham got into a sharp dispute with Mr. Horowitz’s team over a footnote in a draft of the report that seemed to imply that Mr. Durham agreed with all of Mr. Horowitz’s conclusions, which he did not, according to people familiar with the matter. The footnote did not appear in the final version of the report.

</snip>

The potential explosiveness of Mr. Durham’s mission was further underscored by the disclosure that he was examining the role of John O. Brennan, the former C.I.A. director, in how the intelligence community assessed Russia’s 2016 election interference.

</snip>

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Ah the NYT ... spinning, spinning, always spinning...

They do not state in this article that the reason Durham released a statement because the media was trying to create a false narrative on what the Horowitz report found. Just because the OIG found "no bias" (because no one confessed to him or wrote down "I have bias") and stated that an inquiry has a very low bar to be opened,  that does not mean things were a-ok. Shesh Quite the opposite when everyone named in the Horowitz report was handed over to Durham.

The whole article smacked Durham around for daring to cut off the DNC and "msm" (BIRM) narrative in its tracks. In the final third of the article (of course, after the lede and introductory paragraphs ) lists his background, his straight-shooter status, his legal wins, etc.

Durham Surprises Even Allies With Statement on F.B.I.’s Trump Case

The federal prosecutor leading a review of the origins of the Russia inquiry has a reputation for keeping his mouth shut. At a sensitive moment, he didn’t.

Mr. Horowitz had found that the F.B.I. acted appropriately in opening the inquiry in 2016 into whether the Trump campaign wittingly or unwittingly helped Russia influence the election in Donald J. Trump’s favor. In response, Mr. Durham, whose report is not expected to be complete for months, released a caveat-laden rebuttal: “Based on the evidence collected to date, and while our investigation is ongoing, last month we advised the inspector general that we do not agree with some of the report’s conclusions as to predication and how the F.B.I. case was opened.”

</snip>

The inspector general’s report makes no substantive reference to Mr. Durham’s investigation. But before the report’s release, Mr. Durham got into a sharp dispute with Mr. Horowitz’s team over a footnote in a draft of the report that seemed to imply that Mr. Durham agreed with all of Mr. Horowitz’s conclusions, which he did not, according to people familiar with the matter. The footnote did not appear in the final version of the report.

</snip>

The potential explosiveness of Mr. Durham’s mission was further underscored by the disclosure that he was examining the role of John O. Brennan, the former C.I.A. director, in how the intelligence community assessed Russia’s 2016 election interference.

</snip>

Speaking of burying the lede...

whether the Trump campaign wittingly or unwittingly helped Russia influence the election

Is that the first time the Times has admitted the possibility that the Trump campaign didn't collude with Russia?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Speaking of burying the lede...

Is that the first time the Times has admitted the possibility that the Trump campaign didn't collude with Russia?

despite all the twitterverse claiming the Times is spinning here, i see very little in this article that does not speak to Durham being anything other than what his reputation says he is. tough, hardnosed and above all, fair.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fisa-courts-review-leaves-out-key-players.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Ive called it the swampiest committee on the Hill for a reason — and Rubio has always been part of the establishment “team”. Absolutely compromised. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaraCarterDC/status/1209635699357634561

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This happened while I was on the road. Apologies if it’s been covered https://mobile.twitter.com/wendyp4545/status/1208418159071498247

People have gone back and forth the last few years wondering if she was in on it. Her retirement at this time is "curious," to say the least.

• Like (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Always doing what’s best for himself at the expense of the country. His legacy will be ash soon. And it will be entirely deserved. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SaraCarterDC/status/1210272032899969024

https://twitter.com/drawandstrike/status/1210279228555616257

https://twitter.com/drawandstrike/status/1210279845919412230

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What a self-serving arrogant c#ckknocker Brokaw is.  “I hope we all learned a lesson” followed by some self-serving bs about the Jewel family being paid off?  

The only lesson to be learned is that after he ruined RJs life, Brokaw went on to enjoy an embarrassment of riches while RJ was driven to an early grave. 

• Like (+1) 4

Appeals court wrestles with Mueller evidence, Trump aide's testimony

... Some of the sharpest exchanges came amid questioning by judges on the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals over whether the courts should wade into such a politically charged debate, or if Congress and the White House should be left to resolve the disputes on their own.  

“The question is whether the Constitution allows you to pull the courts in,” Judge Thomas Griffith, a George W. Bush appointee, told an attorney for the House Judiciary Committee in the McGahn case, noting instances where the feuding branches “duked it out” through the political process.

Griffith and Judge Judith Rogers, a Clinton appointee, were assigned to hear both cases. Karen Henderson, a George H.W. Bush appointee, rounded out the three-judge panel in the McGahn case, and Judge Neomi Rao, a Trump appointee, joined the panel in the Mueller case. ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I've lost count, how many of this president's men have been convicted of process crimes in an illegal/corrupt FISA investigation of a political opponents campaign under the falsified premise of Russian Collusion, and/or sent to jail now? 

Fixed for the truth

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/11/2020 at 10:44 PM, Hedge said:

Thread.

Makes sense if the judges were in on it from the beginning.  I've always believed they were, that the evidence provided and lack of additional evidence presented for the renewals would have been questioned more vigorously by judges in this position. 

• Like (+1) 2