DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Don't let the door hit ya' where the good lord split ya'. 

Interesting. If the judge allows this nonsense, are the former attorneys going to perjure themselves - with no repercussions from these crooked DOJ attorneys - or are they going to admit to committing pretty egregious malpractice?

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

FWIW

Jacob Wohl

Scoop: President Trump will pardon Roger Stone and Gen. Flynn and commute the sentence of Paul Manafort on Friday evening

That would take brass ones. Everyone expects that the day after Election Day, not now.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

FWIW

Jacob Wohl

Scoop: President Trump will pardon Roger Stone and Gen. Flynn and commute the sentence of Paul Manafort on Friday evening

I'm not a fan of the source, but it could happen. I think it would be a bit early though. At some point I expect pardons (at least for Flynn and Stone), but they have more groundwork to do in terms of indictments/exposure of the plot. (imo) 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm not a fan of the source, but it could happen. I think it would be a bit early though. At some point I expect pardons (at least for Flynn and Stone), but they have more groundwork to do in terms of indictments/exposure of the plot. (imo) 

Nothing to pardon with Flynn, if he is allowed to withdraw his plea.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

That would take brass ones. Everyone expects that the day after Election Day, not now.

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm not taking it as anything more than a rumor, but I thought I'd share it just in case it proves to be true.

I've been assuming he'd wait until after the election, and the conventional part of my mind thinks it would be politically risky, but this might be another brilliant Trump move.

Doing it now would solidify him as a hero to a lot of the base that wants it done yesterday, and there probably wouldn't be much downside. It'll piss off the left, but what are they going to do? Really REALLY not vote for him?

They can scream cover-up, corruption, and collusion til they're blue in the face, but no one's listening. The normals are desensitized to it by now, and the last thing the Dems should want is more light shed on this story.

Plus, if he does it now it will be old news by the time the election rolls around but the base won't forget.

He's already laying the groundwork and President Trump is a man of action. This could really happen.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Rob's House said:

I'm not taking it as anything more than a rumor, but I thought I'd share it just in case it proves to be true.

I've been assuming he'd wait until after the election, and the conventional part of my mind thinks it would be politically risky, but this might be another brilliant Trump move.

Doing it now would solidify him as a hero to a lot of the base that wants it done yesterday, and there probably wouldn't be much downside. It'll piss off the left, but what are they going to do? Really REALLY not vote for him?

They can scream cover-up, corruption, and collusion til they're blue in the face, but no one's listening. The normals are desensitized to it by now, and the last thing the Dems should want is more light shed on this story.

Plus, if he does it now it will be old news by the time the election rolls around but the base won't forget.

He's already laying the groundwork and President Trump is a man of action. This could really happen.

• Thank you (+1) 2

So much of the Resistance-created drama of the last three years, whether Russiagate, impeachment, DOJ revolt, etc.......

is about them pushing their strongly held view that political oversight of the administrative state is evil.

It is in fact a Constitutional imperative in our Republic.

• Like (+1) 3

Politico article from November:

</snip>

And that first juror was an only-in-Washington character, a former Obama-era press secretary for the Office of Management and Budget whose husband still works at the Justice Department division that played a role in the Russia probe that ultimately snagged Stone. She acknowledged having negative views of President Donald Trump and said she had followed the media coverage of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

Still, the woman said she did not have strong views about Stone, and Jackson denied a request from Stone’s lawyers to strike the woman as a potential juror.

</snip>

35 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Politico article from November:

</snip>

And that first juror was an only-in-Washington character, a former Obama-era press secretary for the Office of Management and Budget whose husband still works at the Justice Department division that played a role in the Russia probe that ultimately snagged Stone. She acknowledged having negative views of President Donald Trump and said she had followed the media coverage of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

Still, the woman said she did not have strong views about Stone, and Jackson denied a request from Stone’s lawyers to strike the woman as a potential juror.

</snip>

Oof. If that's accurate, how do you even begin to call that a "fair and impartial jury of peers"

The problem with this development is that people are inevitably going to wrap it in partisanship (see our wonderful resident idiot in his thread based on this) when in reality, it doesn't matter whether stone was guilty or not. If the trail wasn't fair, there either has to be a reversal of the ruling, or a re-trial. 

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The problem with this development is that people are inevitably going to wrap it in partisanship (see our wonderful resident idiot in his thread based on this) when in reality, it doesn't matter whether stone was guilty or not. If the trail wasn't fair, there either has to be a reversal of the ruling, or a re-trial. 

I just hope that juror doesn't commit Arkancide!

Meanwhile, I have to appreciate the pace at which the Dems are destroying their party. Imagine how much work it took get that person as the jury foreperson.

• Like (+1) 1