DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Far less interested in their lack of consensus on one count than their consensus on all the others.  

A lot of the charges are open and shut (to my armchair legal eyes), like failure to report income. I'm guessing the charge they're hung on is deciding between bank fraud and conspiracy.

Manafort is dirty, he broke the law. I'm not sure what it would do to Mueller's standing if they get him convicted on everything but conspiracy as it still has **** all to do with Trump/Russia - but I'm confident that regardless of the outcome both partisan sides of the coin will be touting it as a victory.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A lot of the charges are open and shut (to my armchair legal eyes), like failure to report income. I'm guessing the charge they're hung on is deciding between bank fraud and conspiracy.

Manafort is dirty, he broke the law. I'm not sure what it would do to Mueller's standing if they get him convicted on everything but conspiracy as it still has **** all to do with Trump/Russia - but I'm confident that regardless of the outcome both partisan sides of the coin will be touting it as a victory.

I wonder if they announced the names and addresses of the jury yet?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

The statements I've seen in reports are pretty clear.  Reports could be wrong...but any divergence based on them is wishful thinking.  Note "not having a consensus on one count" doesn't speak to what the consensus is on the other accounts, too.  

There's basically nothing to interpret here.

If the juror passing the note's skill with language resembles anything I've seen on this board, I'm not comfortable weighing in on intent.

I know what the English language dictates it should mean, which is exactly what you've described, but people are morons.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

If the juror passing the note's skill with language resembles anything I've seen on this board, I'm not comfortable weighing in on intent.

I know what the English language dictates it should mean, which is exactly what you've described, but people are morons.

I only judge on empirical evidence, all of which I have is what was reported to be the written statements.

Note that there are a lot of caveats implied in that statement, though.

I hate attempts to read into the minds of the jury, but it was just reported that one of the jurors (in his mid 30s) was vigorously nodding his head when Judge Ellis addressed the court (after the note) about respecting the minority view in the jury room. 

So, seems like there is one hold out... if you put much stock into that kind of reporting.

4 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

What do you want to bet, he gets nothing more than time served.

Chances are very low. He's guilty of provable crimes (such as tax evasion) - it's just none of those crimes are related to Trump/Russian collusion... not that that will prevent the media from running any conviction of Manafort as evidence that "the walls are closing in on Trump". 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Chances are very low. He's guilty of provable crimes (such as tax evasion) - it's just none of those crimes are related to Trump/Russian collusion... not that that will prevent the media from running any conviction of Manafort as evidence that "the walls are closing in on Trump". 

I think he should get a decade for the banking fraud and tax evasion alone. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I hate attempts to read into the minds of the jury, but it was just reported that one of the jurors (in his mid 30s) was vigorously nodding his head when Judge Ellis addressed the court (after the note) about respecting the minority view in the jury room. 

So, seems like there is one hold out... if you put much stock into that kind of reporting.

Paging Tibs, get your excuse machine cranked up.  Some Trumpbot may throw a wrench into the gears of justice.