Bills have Air Force WR Jalen Robinette at rookie camp

That is an odd situation. But if they can snag him, it's an excellent low risk high reward situation. If he is allowed to play, he is the second mid round receiver I wanted them to take in the draft. It he can't he still falls outside the top 51 si it doesn't effect the cap.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this move IF, a big IF he is able to play. I really don't think they're going to let him off of the 2 year commitment. It was brutal when they showed his family who were unable to even leave their house as they were being hit by a bad winter storm at the time. It's dumb on Air Forces part as their recruiting will suffer tremendously. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst in this situation.

nice 3rd day prospect but i cant see how two posts earlier had him rated 7 and 9 .......4.65 in the 40 and most of his catches he was open by 20 yards because of the play-action.......not to say he cant make it.....i really hope he does but i didnt see the 7th best wr when i watched the tape i could find on him.....allthough I heard mayock say he would be the best blocking wr in draft and also heard the same about Zay Jones.So I like that all of our moves are geared towards improving what we are allready good at in the hopes we can be great at it at some point.

Its kind of a crazy story and got lost in the shuffle because it broke the day of the draft. The ruling came down hours before that they weren't eligible for athletic deferment. So he is required to serve for 2 years following graduation. Therefore not drafted. But his agent is fighting it, there is still a possibility.

And this right here is the ONLY reason he wasnt drafted....and probably fairly high

I think they should make them serve their 2 years in the academies but they should be allowed to defer it if they have an opportunity to go pro. Honestly it hurts their recruiting otherwise.

Kills their recruiting actually... in like 3-5 years they will be near the bottom of the FBS. Not to mention it's pretty clear they lied to him when they recruited him. Or he was at least misled that he would be able to get out of it after that ruling a year ago.

Either way - smart move coming here. We need help at that position.

Edited by dneveu

Kills their recruiting actually... in like 3-5 years they will be near the bottom of the FBS. Not to mention it's pretty clear they lied to him when they recruited him. Or he was at least misled that he would be able to get out of it after that ruling a year ago.

Either way - smart move coming here. We need help at that position.

the military lying to get people to sign up? Never lol. The reason I left.

Could we sign him and put him on reserve list? If so could he practice when not fulfilling his military commitment?

Maybe the commissioner exempt list?

The Exempt List is a special player status available to clubs only in unusual circumstances. The List includes those players who have been declared by the Commissioner to be temporarily exempt from counting within the Active List limit. Only the Commissioner has the authority to place a player on the Exempt List; clubs have no such authority, and no exemption, regardless of circumstances, is automatic. The Commissioner also has the authority to determine in advance whether a player's time on the Exempt List will be finite or will continue until the Commissioner deems the exemption should be lifted and the player returned to the Active List