This is not a rebuild, folks...

eball

I feel bad for Shady... The team let him down by not building a team to be more competitive this yr.

With the tough schedule this team, gonna be lucky to be 8-8 this yr. With Tyrod on only a 1yr deal.. next year we will be bringing in a young QB so it is definitely gonna be rebuilding time then.

The playoff drought is going to continue until we get a real QB..

Said every Bills fan since Kelly and no FO staff said ever.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a rebuild?

Well, lets look at some facts, Jack...........

1) we've got a 1st time HC

2) we've got a 1st time GM

3) the scouting dept. was blown-up

4) we barely have a mediocre team to hit the field each week

5) we've got arguably the toughest schedule we've had in years

6) we'll be lucky to pull out 6 wins this season

7) we'll be the Pats door mats yet again this year

8) the guy who somewhat had a say in this years draft was fired the next day

9) we're desperately in need of cap room re-structuring

...........not a rebuild, you say?

Shameful...........just shameful.

After the first 3 points, this list falls apart.

I'm pretty sure it's spot-on.

Well, I would hope you would agree with your post. :). Otherwise.....

Who can precisely define "rebuild"? That would be a good place to start. Yes we has a new staff and some new players. We also have some talent. We haven't been drafting ahead of the Browns or after the Cheaters. So?

...and I find it amusing that posters are saying things like "give them three years and we'll see" and whatnot.

Yes, it's McD's first HC job, and yes, it's Beane's first GM job (although he did serve as interim GM for 10 games in 2012), but these guys are hardly "green" and the Bills' roster cupboard is far from bare.

I will be shocked if the Bills aren't at least a 6-7 win team, and I certainly think it's possible they could win 9 or 10. This is not a rebuild, it's a refocus.

In other words, it's a half assed rebuild!

Scott's right.......it was foolish to not tender MG higher........and risky not matching.

Should have kept the strength intact.

Better to be dominant in one area than robbing an area of strength to get slightly better at a weakness........the Cowboys strung together a hell of a season last year with a loaded offense and a well coached, journeyman laden defense.

A great strength can negate a lot of weaknesses.

I would have much rather had MG on this team than not. I didn't like the decision at all. That being said, the both of you areally going a bit overboard about a back up rb. Who knows how this roster will even change before the season.

Ever year we see panic over a lost player. Every year it doesn't seem to make the difference some people think it will.

Again...I don't like the way things played out either.

Y'all act like you can see into the future. Our schedule is only difficult based on speculation. Aside from NEx2, nobody knows what to expect from any of the team's we are scheduled against this year.

You are all simply speculating.

Gilmore -> White a downgrade????? We will see about that. Never liked Gilmore at all not sad he is gone. White is a young and promising player, I think at the very least he fills the spot just fine. I am certainly as likely to be right in my speculation as you are.

As for everything else, it's all speculation. There have been many instances where new coaches have immediately made an impact. I'm not saying we will go undefeated or That we are "super bowl bound"

I'm saying reading some of this loser mentality talk is so bills.

Root for your dang team, get excited and hope for the best! I know it's been a long drought but NOTHING lasts forever.

In my opinion, the odds of us performing better under McDermott than we did under Rex Ryan are high.

...and I find it amusing that posters are saying things like "give them three years and we'll see" and whatnot.

Yes, it's McD's first HC job, and yes, it's Beane's first GM job (although he did serve as interim GM for 10 games in 2012), but these guys are hardly "green" and the Bills' roster cupboard is far from bare.

I will be shocked if the Bills aren't at least a 6-7 win team, and I certainly think it's possible they could win 9 or 10. This is not a rebuild, it's a refocus.

Agreed it's not a full rebuild.

But you don't have to rebuild for it to take time to get where you're going. When you switch schemes it generally takes time for the players to not just learn it but have it become natural. And the guys from the previous regime will often not fit your plans as well as you had hoped they would.

It'll likely take time.

Y'all act like you can see into the future. Our schedule is only difficult based on speculation. Aside from NEx2, nobody knows what to expect from any of the team's we are scheduled against this year.

You are all simply speculating.

Gilmore -> White a downgrade????? We will see about that. Never liked Gilmore at all not sad he is gone. White is a young and promising player, I think at the very least he fills the spot just fine. I am certainly as likely to be right in my speculation as you are.

As for everything else, it's all speculation. There have been many instances where new coaches have immediately made an impact. I'm not saying we will go undefeated or That we are "super bowl bound"

I'm saying reading some of this loser mentality talk is so bills.

Root for your dang team, get excited and hope for the best! I know it's been a long drought but NOTHING lasts forever.

In my opinion, the odds of us performing better under McDermott than we did under Rex Ryan are high.

Yes, Gilmore to the rookie White is going to be a downgrade. If things go well he will reach the same level when he has a year or two of NFL experience. Corners generally take some time, same as WRs and QBs.

I hope you're right about McDermott's results being better than Rex's, but the odds aren't great the first year. Down the road is what's important anyway.

The Bills were the best running team in the league last year. The whole "WE ARE SUPPOSED TO PASS DAMN IT!!" crying game is BS and frankly, shows the ignorance of Bills fans.

They were tops in the league in scoring points thanks in large to MG. Does it really matter how the offense did that?? Sure a franchise QB would be nice, but why hurt a great aspect of your football team when it's not necessary?

Like I said, letting a guy walk who scored a ton of TDs, very good in short yardage and made big plays for your offense in exchange for a 5th round pick makes little to no sense.

Agreed. Created a hole where there had been a player performing his duties extremely well.

But that's what happens when your last regime gets you in salary cap trouble. You lose some guys you're really prefer to have kept.

The Bills were the best running team in the league last year. The whole "WE ARE SUPPOSED TO PASS DAMN IT!!" crying game is BS and frankly, shows the ignorance of Bills fans.

They were tops in the league in scoring points thanks in large to MG. Does it really matter how the offense did that?? Sure a franchise QB would be nice, but why hurt a great aspect of your football team when it's not necessary?

Like I said, letting a guy walk who scored a ton of TDs, very good in short yardage and made big plays for your offense in exchange for a 5th round pick makes little to no sense.

We have to hope that a player steps up in the same way Mike G. did when we let go Karlos Williams.

My bet on this is Jon Williams