This is not a rebuild, folks...

eball

PREDICTION- The Bills have a top 5 offense both in yards and points. We lead the league in rushing yet again.

That is half the battle. Rex is a complete clown, that plays over complicated 1980's defense. Just by subtraction, that is a major win. As stated, we get Ragland, Lawson, and Listenbee back- which is in essence 3 bonus draft picks. Dareus will be back at his best positin. McDermontt is the antithesis of Rex. Just on disclipine alone, we should win a few more games. The schedule is brutal. But I for one am optimistic about this year. Might I add, I am a Tyrod fan. And think he is hugely underappreciated

TT led offense scored the 7th most points in league

had the Rex led defense given up the 7th least amount of points in league ....

there would be dancing in the streets as the 17 year drought would have ended.

McD just going back to a 4-3 and a reduction in penalties is worth a win or two.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Leroi, Sean McDermott thinks this is a playoff team. And I assume he also sold the Pegulas that he would take this team to the playoffs this year.

Top 5 offense. Should be much better defense. This leads to more wins. But you still ignore that defense has any effect on a football game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top 5 offense. Should be much better defense. This leads to more wins. But you still ignore that defense has any effect on a football game Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I think offense and defense are both important. I think you're the one who thinks the passing game is not necessary and that a team can have success with a bottom 3 passing game.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-pass-yards-per-game/2016/

Edited by jeffismagic

No, I think offense and defense are both important. I think you're the one who thinks the passing game is not necessary and that team's can have success with a bottom 3 passing game.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-pass-yards-per-game/2016/

well somehow we had a better record than the chargers and same as the saints with all that passing. You have this idea that somehow rush yards and tds count less than the pass yards. we move the ball...we score more than most teams in the league. we do have an effective pass game that allows us to run it down peoples throats. The steelers won with big run and defense, so did the seahawks.

well somehow we had a better record than the chargers and same as the saints with all that passing. You have this idea that somehow rush yards and tds count less than the pass yards. we move the ball...we score more than most teams in the league. we do have an effective pass game that allows us to run it down peoples throats. The steelers won with big run and defense, so did the seahawks.

Not even close. The Bills run the ball very well which is why there is no excuse for a QB not passing better. Against .500 teams or better, Tyrod Taylor and his inability to pass the ball registered 1 win, 7 losses against teams that were .500 or better. The one win came against a third string QB with an injured shoulder.

Edited by jeffismagic

Not even close. The Bills run the ball very well which is why there is no excuse for a QB not passing better. Against .500 teams or better, Tyrod Taylor and his inability to pass the ball registered a 1 win, 7 losses against teams that were .500 or better. The one win came against a third string QB with an injured shoulder.

How many leads did tyrod give us? How many times did the defense collapse? Even brees couldn't throw his way to a winning record, and rivers, and cousins. We need defense. I'll say it again....we need defense. We get a top ten defense this year...10 wins no problem.

How many leads did tyrod give us? How many times did the defense collapse? Even brees couldn't throw his way to a winning record, and rivers, and cousins. We need defense. I'll say it again....we need defense. We get a top ten defense this year...10 wins no problem.

Why not also try to improve a bottom 2 NFL passing game?

Not even close. The Bills run the ball very well which is why there is no excuse for a QB not passing better. Against .500 teams or better, Tyrod Taylor and his inability to pass the ball registered a 1 win, 7 losses against teams that were .500 or better. The one win came against a third string QB with an injured shoulder.

"Inability to pass the ball" - Taylor finished 18th in passer rating in 2016, after finishing 8th in 2015.

"But passer rating is irrelevant!" - Okay...

"Taylor ended the 2016 regular season with the 10th-best overall grade among all QBs, at 84.7. That’s higher than Alex Smith, Ben Roethlisberger, Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton and—here is the big one—Dak Prescott. Last year, Taylor was seventh (88.3)."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-bills-should-build-around-tyrod-taylor-not-show-him-the-door/

"Inability to pass the ball" - Taylor finished 18th in passer rating in 2016, after finishing 8th in 2015.

"But passer rating is irrelevant!" - Okay...

"Taylor ended the 2016 regular season with the 10th-best overall grade among all QBs, at 84.7. That’s higher than Alex Smith, Ben Roethlisberger, Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton and—here is the big one—Dak Prescott. Last year, Taylor was seventh (88.3)."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-bills-should-build-around-tyrod-taylor-not-show-him-the-door/

Bottom 2 passing game in the NFL and a 1-7 record vs .500 or better teams is nothing to brag about. He gets a nice "rating" while not getting it done.

J.P. Losman also had a top 11 QB rating one year with Mike Mularkey as the coach.

Edited by jeffismagic

Bottom 2 passing game in the NFL and a 1-7 record vs .500 or better teams is nothing to brag about. He gets a nice "rating" while not getting it done.

J.P. Losman also had a top 11 QB rating one year with Mike Mularkey as the coach.

You're continued ignorance of the defense his hilarious and obvious trolling at this point. The entire offense was one of the top in the NFL with taylor running it...the defense was far from it. If it ain't broke don't fit it. One side of the ball showed up every week...the other never showed.

"Getting it done" isn't on one player. There are 53 players on a roster. Plus the coaches designing the game plans, making adjustments, game management decisions, etc.

You're continued ignorance of the defense his hilarious and obvious trolling at this point. The entire offense was one of the top in the NFL with taylor running it...the defense was far from it. If it ain't broke don't fit it. One side of the ball showed up every week...the other never showed.

Week 1 says otherwise. Unless holding an opposing franchise QB and his offense to 13 points isn't "showing up."

"Getting it done" isn't on one player. There are 53 players on a roster. Plus the coaches designing the game plans, making adjustments, game management decisions, etc.

So if Tyrod doesn't get it done again this year with his THIRD offensive coordinator will you still make excuses for him? Or will you say it is time to move on?

Week 1 says otherwise. Unless holding an opposing franchise QB and his offense to 13 points isn't "showing up."

You're right week one. after that non existent. miami, jets, raiders etc etc.

So if Tyrod doesn't get it done again this year with his THIRD offensive coordinator will you still make excuses for him? Or will you say it is time to move on?

You mean if he leads our offense to the top 5 in the league and our defense gives up 200 yard rushers week after week? I'd say it would be time to move on from the coach.

Pats had number 1 defense, broncos, seahawks, ravens, etc. BUT BUT BUT passing!

Over the last 2 years the below stats are of 2 AFC QBs. One is the aforementioned "franchise QB" and one is Tyrod Taylor:

QB 1 - 248.5 yards per game, 1.62 TD per game, .41 INT per game

QB 2 - 276.5 yard per game, 1.5 TD per game, 1.03 INT per game

Lastly, Flacco has a winning percentage of .423 and Taylor .52 over the last 2 years. I just don't see QB2 as significantly more effective? What am I missing (and please don't talk about 5 years ago)? Right now why is Flacco a "franchise QB" and Taylor not? Personally I don't think either are (both solid game managers).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I'm going to re-post because it's obvious you forgot to read the message you're replying to before clicking 'quote'...

Offense was top ten in scoring. It was not the reason we didn't make the playoffs.

I'm going to re-post because it's obvious you forgot to read the message you're replying to before clicking 'quote'...

I read your excuses. The guy struggles running a two minute drill. He folds in the 4th quarter. He hesitates like Trentative in the pocket. He can't hit open wide receivers. He can't throw or challenge a defense in the middle of the field. He has one of the lowest yards after catch per completion in the NFL.

But defensive play not to lose coaches love him.

I read your excuses. The guy struggles running a two minute drill. He folds in the 4th quarter. He hesitates like Trentative in the pocket. He can't hit open wide receivers. He can't throw or challenge a defense in the middle of the field. He has one of the lowest yards after catch per completion in the NFL.

But defensive play not to lose coaches love him.

tyrod can't play defense too. What would our record be if our defense showed up against Miami and the jets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk