What if Peterman is better than Mahomes??

This whole thread is irrelevant as stated.

The question is will Lattimore be better than Tre White. Lattimore is the pick Bills targeted per sources.

Saying Bills trade is a fail if Mahomes is great and Peterman is bad is like saying trade was a fail if Chad Kelly is great. Or Truibisky or Watson or who ever is great as Bills could have traded up for them. Or saying if any QB not named Peterman that was picked after spot 10 is great than Bills trade was a fail.

This whole thread is irrelevant as stated.

The question is will Lattimore be better than Tre White. Lattimore is the pick Bills targeted per sources.

Saying Bills trade is a fail if Mahomes is great and Peterman is bad is like saying trade was a fail if Chad Kelly is great. Or Truibisky or Watson or who ever is great as Bills could have traded up for them. Or saying if any QB not named Peterman that was picked after spot 10 is great than Bills trade was a fail.

I wonder if they really were looking at Lattimore given his hamstring issues.

you mean the same peterman that lost the U of Ten QB position making him run to Pitt where he could be in the same system with no one to compete with?.... He is nothing more than a 5th rd training camp arm

You mean the same camp arm that beat Clemson in Clemson?

Not saying I'm a believer necessarily, just pointing out that negative rants based on cherry-picked facts are easily neutralized by other cherry-picked facts.

Hindsight is looking back after you have all the facts. It's like saying the Bills should have drafted Brady instead of Leif Larsen.

I am saying right now that I wanted Watson, Mahomes, or OJ Howard without knowing how any of their NFL careers will go. How is that hindsight? I may be proved wrong(and I hope I do) but there is zero hindsight.

I would be very happy with this. But again, why does the most pro ready qb slip to the 5th without any serious issues? Is the rest of the league just stupid?

Saying that you would have preferred Mahomes right now is not hindsight, it's just illogical considering the alternative that we chose and the likelihood that Mahomes becomes something. People coming back some number of years from now in the event that Mahomes actually becomes something and saying, "see?" is an attempt to argue with the benefit of hindsight.

You can apply the same Peterman logic to Mahomes, btw. How does such a great special franchise QB slip to 10? If he were so likely to be so great, would he not have gone 1st overall? Are the 9 other teams that passed on him just stupid?

If say theoretically the S and LB become perennial All Pros and HOFers I'd defend it all day long.

How do you respond to the data indicating many more first round Qbs fail than succeed?

If they had a great grade on Mahomes they should have taken him. If not, they shouldn't have.

Your are correct that many more 1st rd QB's fail than succeed. So just give up? I don't understand your take on Bolded....

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2015/04/success_for_quarterbacks_picke.html

Your are correct that many more 1st rd QB's fail than succeed. So just give up? I don't understand your take on Bolded....

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2015/04/success_for_quarterbacks_picke.html

No. Scout the heck out of people. You see a guy you think is it get him. If not don't reach. Reid thinks he's the guy fine. That's his call. McD's wasn't. Ultimately to me it's a crap shoot and we'll know in a few years where things are.

Like some here, I think we may have finally found our qb. I was kind of shocked he dropped to the 5th.

Smart, poised and pretty accurate - the reason he slid was arm strength, and that is something that can actually improve, unlike accuracy.

Love his attitude, too. I saw a few pundits use the word moxie for him, and that's what you want in a qb.

I am not giving him credit. Sports journalists and people who understand the NFL have given him credit. If you feel your opinion matters more, then so be it.

Vick came out of prison and no one expected much for a guy out of the league. Reid had him looking better than he did BEFORE prison! The Vick stuff was incredible QB coaching.

Yeah but it only lasted one season. The other guys he had nothing to do with outside of maybe McNabb. But he was a second overall pick.

Just when Jeff was out you pull him BACK IN!

Was going to say, even if Peterman wins 5 SBs and Mahomes 0, Jeff will still be here to tell us the Bills were dumb for pass on a Sure Fire Franchise QB! :D

No it's just luck more than anything. If they had done such a great job of scouting, they'd have moved up to #2 or 3 to assure themselves of getting him. There were rumors he'd been picked earlier, but he wasn't.

Are you telling me that NE did a better job of scouting Brady too? If so they'd have picked him a round or two earlier. QB more than any position just doesn't equate to scouting as too many things just don't translate from college to the NFL!

Hindsight is wishing we had taken Tom Brady when he fell to the 6th round. The Chiefs valuing Mahomes enough to move up to get him and us deciding the picks were worth more than him isn't hindsight if he's great, it's the Chiefs doing a better job in evaluation than us.

Common link with most elite QBs: great offensive coaches

Mahomes going to KC increases his chances of being good.

Mahomes to Buffalo...the opposite IMO.

I don't just want the next great QB. I want my own tree of great offensive minds here. BB in NE best moves have been to keep a great tree of OCs from Weiss to O'Brien to McDaniel.

That's the key. But we can't get great offensive minds here bc the QB situation has stunk. All our coaches in the drought (except for 1) have been defensive guys who's choices for OC have been terrible (Lynn might be the exception and he's now a HC).

That one? Gailey. Who was a retread but still made Fitz a ton of money and made our team somewhat fun again. But no successor worth a damn.

So yes, if you're wondering I'm not thrilled with McD as HC but only bc I'm skeptical of his offensive staff.

Edit: Mularkey as well. And he had success in year 1 (Football Outsiders ranks that team as the best to not make the playoffs since it began tracking in the early 90s). And his OC was Tom Clements who went to Green Bay as QB coach.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Edited by Big Blitz

Drafting a quarterback is really a crap shoot. Just because a team trades up to get you, doesn't mean you will pan out. Who is a better quarterback Jared Goff or Dak Prescott? Wouldn't it be funny if Mahomes is a bust and Peterman is the next Zak Prerscott. LOL The Bills are due to get some luck.

Life's like a box chocolates?