Beane hired as GM

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The perception of the team is changing ... fwiw nothing will be the same. Some fans will resist that, others will welcome it. Some of the change will be a bit painful, but necessary.

I agree with your statement.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/138272-surprise-brandon-beane-is-now-the-bills-gm/

dumbasses on the carolina board:

bp.jpg.30a2c3f55969a33cbe9330e14707f02b.

guess that they forgot bill polian, don beebe, pete metzelaars, frank reich... yeah, douchbags.

i hope we destroy that team.

A lot dumb meatheads down in Charlotte what do you expect

Coming late to the party so sorry if this has already been covered.

So same structure with GM and HC reporting separately to the owners?

Given the reporting structure and the fact that McD was already hired, I'd probably be more concerned bringing in someone McD was not familiar with than bringing in Beane. I also like that they are on the same contract schedule, tying their fates to each other.

With that said, I'm in the camp that thinks it's odd they hired a rookie HC before they hired the GM.

Edited by LI_Bills

With that said, I'm in the camp that thinks it'd odd they hired a rookie HC before they hired the GM.

Isn't it possible/ likely, that they had this particular combo in mind for some time, but they had to get the coach first to allow him time to get started before the draft? They may have wanted Beane with him all along but had to wait to pull the trigger until after the draft?

Over a year ago Peter Schrager named Beane a top 5 GM candidate in the entire NFL. We should be celebrating landing an up and coming Talent who happens to also have a strong relationship with our new Head Coach.

... Peter Schrager of Fox Sports

5. Brandon Beane, assistant general manager, Carolina Panthers

In three years as general manager, Dave Gettleman has done a marvelous job transforming the Panthers from an afterthought into an NFL powerhouse. His right-hand man is Beane, a 38-year-old Panthers lifer. Beane pre-dated Gettleman but was so valued within the organization that he kept his scouting job and even had it expanded once Gettleman took over for Marty Hurney in 2013. Carolina's last few drafts are loaded with home runs, and Beane's fingerprints are all over them.

Those are glowing words indeed and if he can pick a better QB the crybaby chicken little Cam we will be all set.

and don't know crap about personnel Wow I guess he will learn that on the fly. Another weak hire first a middle of the road Defensive coach who didn't know personnel and now a yes man. THEY BOTH WILL BE FIRED IN 3 YRS

I am amused by the people who have strong negative and positive opinions on this hire.

How much do any of us actually know about Beane or any other Assistant GM?

I'll wait till I learn more before I form my own opinion.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Having 2 young guys who are lauded for their work ethic. Could be worse.

I personally love it. Theres something to be said about attention to detail, communication, and a great work ethic.

Those things coupled with passion and you have unlimited potential.

I personally love it. Theres something to be said about attention to detail, communication, and a great work ethic.

Those things coupled with passion and you have unlimited potential.

I like having people with something to prove rather than those who have been there and done that and think that reputation is enough to live on (Rex)

Without sounding overly apathetic, does anyone care? To me this just confirms that McDermott is running the show. This guy has a similar vision but other than that I couldn't be more indifferent.

Agreed. He is McD's puppet. Hope it works but giving a 1st time coach this much power seems crazy.