Jets cut safety Marcus Gilchrist

I was impressed with him but I think he is a decent player caught on an awful team. He is young and probably worth a flyer. I am guessing with Todd Bowles the Jets won't do any better this year and will continue their regression.

No need to keep him around after adding Adams in the draft.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfEYibnUGws.

Gilchrist is actually a pretty good player. A very versatile player. Can play CB, S, special teams.

He is McD's type of player.

NYJ cut him because they just drafted S J. Adams and needed to get rid of Gilchrist's $6M salary.

I'd certainly give him a shot at safety.

The Bills have Hyde and Poyer at safety (Anderson to play ST) and that's about it. You know that McD is on the lookout for more players at S.

A decent safety. I wouldn't mind bringing him for the right price. He probably would excel better in the 4-3 scheme that the Bills will be running. It would take more pressure off of him and give him help underneath.

Funny how people are tearing down this guy who had absolutely no help last year when we just took in the coach of a defense that showed Norman the door and got lit up by the division we happen to play this year.

McNothing thinks he can win with SAT scores and push ups.

In terms of scoring defense, panthers were not too far away from where the Jets were. Both bottom third of the league but Carolina arguably has one of the better front 7s in the league.

Edited by Elite Poster

Funny how people are tearing down this guy who had absolutely no help last year when we just took in the coach of a defense that showed Norman the door and got lit up by the division we happen to play this year.

McNothing thinks he can win with SAT scores and push ups.

Or maybe he is just looking to go younger at the postion which is why the panther's safety is visiting this weekend?

This is just a big misunderstanding. They saw they were playing the Bills week 1 so they gave their secondary some time off. He will be back in time to play the Pats

You can't even get the schedule right.