Peterman will be the starter.

For what its worth (not much) I think his ceiling is A. Smith. Or he might be valuable as a long term backup maybe a notch above Fitz. Either result (especially the first) would be fantastic value for a fifth round pick. Or he might just bust of course, which is probably more likely. He is an intriguing prospect though and even as such I feel he was a good 5th round selection. Except for passing on Foster I like the Bills draft.

Fair enough. Time will tell.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peterman just might be the spark that gets this thing rolling... If only as competition for the rest of the bunch... I refuse to rule Cardale out... I think it'll be a fight between him, Peterman, and Tyrod... May the best man WIN!!!!!

this is a good comment. I think TT is the favorite to start.....and Peterman the favorite to backup. CJ needs to grow up and may be #3 or ps. And, TJ is insurance against an injury or a flame out byh one candidate. I will say this, I watched the Pitt Clemson game last fall, and Peterman can throw the rock adequately imho. He ate Clemson up through the air with the long pass.

I think Peterman will pass Cardale by the end off rookie minicamp. The new staff has no tie to Cardale and I really don't expect him to have any shot here. Peterman will be our #2 on opening day, and will probably get some starts when Tyrod gets banged up.

Seemingly the good thing with Peterman's skill set is that he has good anticipation, throws players open, and is accurate (and he has big hands which I always think is a hilarious measurable). The con we hear about all the time is arm strength. It seems like strength is something a young athlete can improve. We hear time and time again that you either have accuracy and anticipation or you don't.

6 of our 9 losses last year were by a Touchdown or less .... All I want to see if 4th quarter comebacks ... 44% completion percentage when it's the 4th quarter and within 7 points .. worse percentage see link below vs. other parts of the game. 3 TDs / 2 Ints .. 65% QB rating. I want a QB to lead us back .. just haven't seen that from Tyrod

http://www.nfl.com/player/tyrodtaylor/2495240/situationalstats

This is pretty much my take on Hotrod as well. I don't care about throwing over the middle blah blah blah. He would just fine AS IS if he can improve on late game comeback ability. Had he been able to win 1/2 those close games, we'd have been in the playoffs. He had Goodwin open in the EZ but made a horrible throw vs Fish on one of those last 2 drives. In Seattle we had 1st and goal for the W.

If he improves that this year (and the D helps) we should be good (playoffs).

But then again, that's pretty much been our problem throughout the drought.

Edited by reddogblitz

this is a good comment. I think TT is the favorite to start.....and Peterman the favorite to backup. CJ needs to grow up and may be #3 or ps. And, TJ is insurance against an injury or a flame out byh one candidate. I will say this, I watched the Pitt Clemson game last fall, and Peterman can throw the rock adequately imho. He ate Clemson up through the air with the long pass.

Cardale won't last on the PS. We could try to put him there but someone will snap him up to their active roster. My guess is he gets cut and we end up with TT, Peterman and Yates on the active roster.

transplant, was this another overreaction or was this a general comment to the board? I never said I expected Peterman to start day 1.

(Well not until we see what happens in camp and PS.) ;)

I asked a question based on a Draft Analysis.

Which one would you prefer if that player was still had the same weaknesses after 5 seasons and didn't make improvements?

I don't even think you were involved in that conversation so I don't think it was directed at you.

If Peterman is going to be so good, why did a bunch of QBs go before him, or are they all going to be great, or did every other GM screw up?

Most GMs screw up the QB pick. Toughest position to play in all of pro sports, IMO. It's one of the few areas I tend to cut GM's some slack.

Most GMs screw up the QB pick. Toughest position to play in all of pro sports, IMO. It's one of the few areas I tend to cut GM's some slack.

So, the point is that Buffalo screwed up in a later round, and that's not so bad?

I imagine that he has to be better than Cardale and EJ, which is not that hard. At least they say Peterman is an accurate thrower. Always found it funny that the biggest knock on Cardale and EJ was that they both had accuracy issues. I can't think of a worse attribute for a QB.

Like those issues would disappear when bigger and faster men were defending against them.

I don't know if he'll be the starter this year barring failure by Yates and injury to Tyrod - although, I'm encouraged to hear that McD is open to allowing a competition decide. It's how Russell Wilson became the year one starter as he came in to camp and wowed the coaches and never looked back....so, it's possible, but I think he still needs some time.

How so ? Beside Rex being gone ( that's a positive ) how are we better ? We are thin on WRs and CBs...if Shady goes down, we might be in trouble.......we're hoping Ragland will be this devastating force...the guy has not played a single down in the pros.....Shaq was not overly impressive last year...we're hoping he gets rolling with his 1st full training camp.....We lost Gilmore..Darby is our best CB right now.....lost Woods and we don't know for sure Sammy will be 100%....

Again, how are we better than last year ?

Addition by Rextraction Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

So, the point is that Buffalo screwed up in a later round, and that's not so bad?

I imagine that he has to be better than Cardale and EJ, which is not that hard. At least they say Peterman is an accurate thrower. Always found it funny that the biggest knock on Cardale and EJ was that they both had accuracy issues. I can't think of a worse attribute for a QB.

Like those issues would disappear when bigger and faster men were defending against them.

Well, kind of, yeah. Missing on 5th rounders doesn't hamstring an organization like missing on 1st/2nd rounders.

Yeah, that would be first on my list. But GM's continue to wet themselves over measurables, and think they can "fix" a QB who can't lead a WR on a simple crossing route.

Edited by stony

This will be the perfect storm for obtaining one of the top qb's in next years draft. Tyrod is not good enough to ascend this team, but he is good enough to push us out of the qb sweepstakes. Where we might end up (with Tyrod at qb) in the draft and KC's pick might not be enough to land one of the top qb's in next years draft. There' s a reason why McDermott is not just handing the qb position to Tyrod. Retaining Tyrod was a wise strategic move to not send "Rebuild Mode" signal to fan base. Also retaining Tyrod gives the team a pawn in trade options. Ex; Sam Bradford last season. Anyone who thinks Buffalo is not in "Rebuild Mode" is fooling themselves. Mark my word on this move.

hey are they hiring where you work, obviously you are allowed to drink through the day!! :bag:

Just watched Peterman's tape on throwing into garbage cans and basketball hoops. That's nice. TT starts and does great. Peterman maybe 2nd but that's a long shot. All the teams that passed on him must have seen something. Lets be truthful here.

If Peterman is going to be so good, why did a bunch of QBs go before him, or are they all going to be great, or did every other GM screw up?

Many GM's screw up picking a QB. Look at 2013. Is there anyone of note still on their original team?

Nasib? Moved on. Gino Smith? Moved on. EJ Moved on. Matt Barkley? Moved on.

Mike Glennon? Still in Tampa but not the starter anymore

that leaves one left

Landry Jones with the Steelers.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

It's a crap shoot in the 1st rd and it's a crap shoot in the 7th. I'm no GM but I wanted Russel Wilson, Kirk Cousins and Derek Carr with our 1st rd picks. My uncle and I split a 800$ FFL franchise keeper league. So many ungodly hours are put into this FFL and we are one of the top teams. There is luck involved in everything but if you put the time into something and watch enough college game tape you can minimize your bad picks and increase your odds of finding good players. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to be a good GM but you do have to put the time and work in and have a very good understanding of each position.

Taylor is not a 300+ Yard passer that could carry a team with his arm alone. I think it is very possible that Peterman could beat out Taylor in pre season and be our QB to start the season. I hope Peterman pushes Taylor like crazy in pre season, in the end it will be a win win for the Bills if he does.