Car should deny Bills from talking to assist GM Draft Gate

Link too the stolen draft board please. Thanks in advance

Didn't inow we had Carolina fans here. You suck

Ya seriously. This will Never be proven, even if it is true..But thanks Panthers for imo two studs with no injury history,great leadership qualities and positions of need

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McDermott knew the Panthers needs. He had probably heard talk about how the scouts rated certain prospects before he left. The Bills had similar needs to the Panthers.

The boards fell such that after Zay Jones (WR) and Dion Dawkins (OL) at each position there was a drop-off. Many draft pundits had this stance. The Bills knowing the Panthers needs, moved aggressively to get these two. Deep knowledge of the Panthers board wasn't necessary to make these moves. It could have reasonably been based on the knowledge he had when he left the organization.

Doubt there is even much smoke...

Then why ask permission. I think he is under contract, I think your wrong

I think you still need permission (No secrecy)...but team can deny if it is a lateral move.

McDermott knew the Panthers needs. He had probably heard talk about how the scouts rated certain prospects before he left. The Bills had similar needs to the Panthers.

The boards fell such that after Zay Jones (WR) and Dion Dawkins (OL) at each position there was a drop-off. Many draft pundits had this stance. The Bills knowing the Panthers needs, moved aggressively to get these two. Deep knowledge of the Panthers board wasn't necessary to make these moves. It could have reasonably been based on the knowledge he had when he left the organization.

Doubt there is even much smoke...

Agreed and Sean is removed from the Panthers now for over four months...It is silly to assume Sean knows the inside out of the draft board of the Panthers..

On the other hand that is exactly the reason why Whaley was not fired...He and his staff knew too much about the Bills draft board to let go before the draft even if he and his staff were lame duck

Lol .... McD was an employee of the Panthers just a few months ago. Think he might have an idea of guys they've been targeting or what their needs are. This isn't really hard to figure out. Love the conspiracy theories .

exactly...and since when does only 1 team have guys on their board that no other team has? Coincidence is more than likely...we're talking about 32 teams looking at the same 300 players.

Bills have asked permission to talk to Brandon Bean assistant GM of the Carolina Panthers. If I'm Jerry Richardson the carolinas Owner I tell the Bills to go pound salt. Denied is what I say. After the bills stole the draft board from Carolina. Yes are rookie head coach has good morales. He should practice like he preaches. Makes me sick a Rookie coach who has done jack in this league and he's got the power of a Bill Parcels.

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/report-bills-ask-speak-beane-about-gm-job

Man what a terrible thread and post. Epic Fail.

1. You have no idea, proof, or evidence there was anything being leaked to us about Car draft board. I don't want to hear about whining fans on Carolina's message boards because they have no idea who Carolina was targeting in the first place.

2. They can not deny it when its a promotion...period. And its 100% a promotion. They asked as a professional team courtesy as every team does when approaching a member under contract in another organization.

They can ask they can interview. But if he's under contract he does not have to be let out of it by the Carolina owner. If the Carolina owner feels there is cullusion then he can simply say I'm not letting you out of your contract. He could then say to the bills you can have him for a draft pick.

Edited by billsareback

Bills have asked permission to talk to Brandon Bean assistant GM of the Carolina Panthers. If I'm Jerry Richardson the carolinas Owner I tell the Bills to go pound salt. Denied is what I say. After the bills stole the draft board from Carolina. Yes are rookie head coach has good morales. He should practice like he preaches. Makes me sick a Rookie coach who has done jack in this league and he's got the power of a Bill Parcels.

Want to see some proof that McDermott "stole the draft board from Carolina". It is not at all uncommon for teams to speculate about what another team might do before taking action. If McDermott had an inkling of what Carolina might do and the players were guys that Buffalo wanted, then he has a responsibility to try and get those guys before Carolina does. Nothing immoral about it. It's just good smart business.

This is serous you could be looking at Draft Gate patriots style with loss of draft picks for the Bills

why are u pushing this agenda? Are you that upset that the Bills didn't draft the QB you wanted that you are now on a witch hunt?

Edited by JaCrispy

they can technically if the role doesn't allow final say over roster decisions but it's still a promotion for him either way and would be a bad look for them if they did. Teams typically allow advancement in the league with coaches and FO.

Here's what I found regarding this. I do believe you are right and the rule pertains to whether the person being interviewed has final say on personnel decisions. I think the high level executive title begins with GM but I'm not exactly sure

Here is how NFL spokesman Greg Aiello explained the GM contact rules, which are different than the coach contact rules:

"A team is not obligated to grant another team permission to discuss employment with a high-level employee (GM, president or equivalent responsibilities) under contract. For other club employees who do not fall into the category of high-level employee, they may be interviewed for a GM position."

Edited by Bangarang

This is pretty sad. If its a promotion they cant. Mcdermott cant unkow something he seen or help pit together. What is he supposed to say you know I know I was in the rrom when these olayera were being evaluated so I have to discount what I know about them and not draft them?

That's ridiculous.

They can ask they can interview. But if he's under contract he does not have to be let out of it by the Carolina owner. If the Carolina owner feels there is cullusion then he can simply say I'm not letting you out of your contract. He could then say to the bills you can have him for a draft pick.

Sorry to tell you this bud, but you are wrong. Assertive and wrong.

Quick question about this "stole the draft board" nonsense.

When do teams generally put together their draft board? Late December? Before the Senior Bowl and the Bowl games?

Because the guy was hired on January 11th and was interviewing way before that. They first interviewed him on January 4th.

The Bills draft board was "rounding into shape" on February 4th. Which is the way this works.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Bills-draft-board-rounding-into-form/8acc2efa-ef5d-4c2c-b3d8-1eba744ec687

Folks, they didn't have a board for McDermott to steal at that time. The Panthers have known for a year or two he was an obvious head coach candidate, this wasn't a surprise. Enough with the obvious crap.

Edited by Thurman#1