Best available veteran FA's that might fit for Bills

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Byrd would be awesome and great depth. Probably have a shot at starting for sure and hopefully bring back some of his beastness he had here before

Return of the Particle Sun? You gotta be kidding me.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/191457-the-particle-sun-returns/?hl=particle

(that one still makes me laugh)

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Floyd wouldn't really fit the character bill and WR doesn't look awful with the addition of Zay Jones. You've not got Watkins, Jones, Holmes and Brown as your top 4 with Listenbee and others competing for WR5. Assuming Tate will be kept as a 6th WR for his returning abilities.

I'd take a look at McCourty, especially if he's willing to at least consider a move to safety - another DB who could move between positions would probably have McDermott giddy. He got cut by Tennessee because he wasn't willing to take a pay cut, IIRC he was due about $7 million. Maybe if he's still out there on June 1 when the $4 million or so from Aaron Williams comes off the cap, he's an option.

Edited by JM57

We need some depth behind Kyle Williams. I'd take a flyer on Odrick

We have decent depth with Washington, Worthy and DeAndre Coleman. I personally would like good players at the LB position where we don't even have three starting LBs at the moment.

I wanted Anaquan Bolden last year. He ended up on Detroit and ended up with;

Year
Team
REC
YDS
AVG
LNG
TD

He's 36. But still , obviously, productive. For reference, James Lofton was 32 when he signed with the Bills in 1989.

I'd love to put his veteran and still productive presence in Bills red, white and blue.

We have something like 12 million in cap space before rookies. Plenty to make a few moves

$10.4 mill, according to Spotrac.

Before the rookies, who will likely be somewhere around $5-$6 mill, which since they'll be replacing some minimum salary guys will be an extra $4 mill or so.

For a team that, like most teams, goes into the season every year with around $6 mill in their pocket in case of injuries.

We don't have a lot. Now, there might be a few cuts that will free up space, but we just don't have much money to spend. Outside of UDFAs and a few very very cheap guys, I wouldn't expect much.