GM Doug Whaley has been fired

SiriusXM NFL Radio Retweeted

upqy1gNM_bigger.jpgBuffalo BillsVerified account @buffalobills 2m2 minutes ago

More

General Manager Doug Whaley has been relieved of his duties.

C-qRbEuXoAAV8So.jpg

0 replies13 retweets3 likes

Retweet

Hallelujah !!!

Everyone happy now?

Complete dumpster fire with two teams

Jerry Sullivan top candidate to replace Whaley. Will fire himself the first day

Yes VERY HAPPY!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly looks like there might have been some inside ball there. We did jump them for a couple of picks. We'd all be livid if this situation was reversed. Hopefully we skate, but it doesn't not look great.

i'd not be pissed. i'd be thankful

someone jumping ahead of us to grab torrel troup, tj graham, tank carder, etc.... #dream

I trust Washington's front office less than any other front office. I believe they threw him under the bus. He is a respected talent evaluator across the league.

And a world class drunk. Buffalo wouldn't be a good town for him.

his structure is lead from behind. that can be alright when you're able to implement good leaders to take charge and willing to not micromanage the situation.

maybe mcdermott is goign to be that leader and partner with the new gm to accomplish success.

That assumes that Whaley had a problem with that power structure, which we didnt see any evidence of. If anything, it appeared that he was willing to work with the coaches and get the HC the players he needed to implement his schemes. If he was a power monger, he would have resigned a long time back. IMHO. ofcourse

I love all the references here to the Bills being 'dysfunctional' because they fired a GM who seems to always have problems getting along with the HC, didn't find a QB, hasn't built a playoff team and struck out on his two biggest draft day decisions.

Guess they should have been functional and just stayed the course. :wacko:

Not what anyone is really saying there

The thing I don't like about this is based on reports and how McDermott has seemingly taken control - Pegula must have been talking bad about Whaley to McDermott and others. I don't like that and shows a real amateur hour approach. I'd like to see these things come as a surprise - clearly showing you're being respectful and professional as an owner.

Saying your organizations need structure, discipline and communication - then you tell everyone Whaley and McDermott get along great. Next thing we know McDermott is stepping all over Whaley's authority and job - gets fired - and "that's how you win".

I liked Whaley and I liked Murray but I wasn't beyond the understanding they might need to go - however the way these situations were handled was pretty ridiculous (especially Whaley).

I've been a big supporter of Terry and Kim and their right to run the clubs how they want to and I believe they should be involved as much as they want to. I'm seriously concerned though that they may be getting close to developing a reputation where legitimate FO talent may not want to work for them.

I hate Pegula and his flat organization. So when there is a disagreement between the GM and the HC, Pegula is the tiebreaker? Does anyone really want this as the answer?

Dysfunction at its finest.

So, you're not married then I take it?

Your hysterical takes are just that. Hysterical.

I love all the references here to the Bills being 'dysfunctional' because they fired a GM who seems to always have problems getting along with the HC, didn't find a QB, hasn't built a playoff team and struck out on his two biggest draft day decisions.

Guess they should have been functional and just stayed the course. :wacko:

+1

Whaley was so horrible, especially that Watkins move. Only the Bills and Pegula would wait until AFTER the draft to fire him.

I mean, would you wait to fire someone you knew was useless until he had completed a major project? Such dumb owners.

I don't know. If there are 3 (just throwing that number out) elite QB's in 2018 draft, we only have 2 ways of if getting one:

1) we finish bottom 3, below other teams in need of a franchise QB. If not, no way any team will give up their pick if they value the QB like we will.

2) we give up the farm to trade up... like everything. Every team is going to know we want a QB. They won't budge without a HUGE return from us.

Therefore, we've gotta hope that the Bills kill it this year with with TT or Peterman proving they're franchise QB's. OR the Bills totally flame out and have a top pick in the draft. OR teams that suck and could finish worse than us (I.e. Cleveland, NYJ, Jax, SF, etc) realize that they're perfectly fine with the QB's on their roster, thus not needing to draft one.

I don't think it's a given at all that just having 2 first round picks lands us a stud QB next year... but we'll see!

If there are 3 (let's say Darnold, Rosen, Rudolph) then we are ALL SET.

We have the ammo to trade up to #2 if need be (2 1sts in 2018, 2nd in 2018, 1st in 2019, etc). It's happened a couple times recently.

Of course, IF Tyrod suddenly improves then that is a great problem to have because we get to use those picks on talent instead.

Jesus Christ:

Charles Robinson‏Verified account @CharlesRobinson 28s29 seconds ago

On #Bills firings - evaluator told me one of Whaley's Sr. staffers showed to a pro day with no stopwatch/notepad/pencil. Clearly he was out.

Thats pretty terrible. That person should have been fired that day. Glad we are getting rid of some warts that were hiding in the organization.